Christian Hackenberg Explains The Dysfunction Of The NY Jets

36 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I was saying you aren’t funny. Save your “victim of woke” sh*t for someone else. I don’t care about that part. You want to use language that reflects poorly on you? Go ahead. Free country and all.

You aren’t funny. That’s the reply.

You aren't a more virtuous person because you refuse to use a word in the dictionary.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

This organization ruins QBs period. Don't think every QB the Jets draft is a bust just think this organization has no clue how to develop a QB. 

^This!!! Proof is in the pudding. All those MVP and SB trophies every ex Jets QB have piled are the proof. Canton is begging for Sanchez to come over collect his hall of fame rings. Yes, rings. One as a player and one as a goat Buttfumbler. The Pope has signed autographs from Kellen Clemens and vows to engrave those signatures onto his forehead. 

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Hackenberg was the kind of prospect that a good organization would draft in the 6th round, and develop for a few years quietly into a serviceable backup / spot starter.

Of course we…a historically terrible organization with no track record of developing QBs into anything other than rehab, selected him in the 2nd round, looked at him, realized he wasn’t Dan Marino and said “uggghhh no thanks.”

We did grade him as a 6th rounder though. We just didn’t want anyone jumping us so we picked him just a few picks early. Same is true for every QB we’ve drafted after Chad. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

We did grade him as a 6th rounder though. We just didn’t want anyone jumping us so we picked him just a few picks early. Same is true for every QB we’ve drafted after Chad. 

It’s perfectly fine that we drafted him and it didnt work out.

It’s insanity that we drafted him in the 2nd round though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, undertow said:

You aren't a more virtuous person because you refuse to use a word in the dictionary.  

There are a lot of words that can be found in a dictionary that normal people are smart enough not to use in daily conversation.  
Smart enough is the key part of the equation.  

• Upvote 1

What a strange dude

Total reach 

6th round college tape 

7th round character 

Even more embarrassing how:

1)  Macc was paranoid about the private visit (somewhere in PA?) getting out so teams would have intel on Jets’ interest

2) Macc pulls the trigger right after Bill O’Brien, who knew Hindenberg as well as anybody, passed on him for a C

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

A lot of pot calling black here. He’s not wrong…just the wrong person to speak about this.

To say the Jets as an organization can't develop QBs is just an ignorant statement perpetuated by media seeking clicks by frustrated Jets fans.

What happened years ago with a different GM and a completely different coaching staff has absolutely no relevance to the current Jets.  The laundry does not develop QBs.  Neither does the owner.  And it's not the food or water at Florham Park.  What happened with Sanchez has nothing to do with Geno Smith.  And the Smith era has nothing to with Hackenburg.  And Hackenburg had nothing to do with Darnold. And the Darnold development had nothing to do with Wilson.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Yeah, you're reading way too far into that, like always. 

Thanks for your altruistic bullsh*t though. 

I mean, what’s to read into? You told a joke. It wasn’t funny. I told you as much. Your doing that thing you do anytime anyone pokes at you.

Try being funnier. Seems fairly obvious, actually.

2 hours ago, undertow said:

That’s cool. I didn’t say anything about that, but that’s cool. Tell me more about your feelings.

• More Ugh 1

2 hours ago, Asymmetrical said:

its crazy how you can't say slurs anymore without people thinking less of you. this is fascism to me

Yea, it’s crazy you can’t walk around saying slurs anymore. That’s crazy, man. 

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There are a lot of words that can be found in a dictionary that normal people are smart enough not to use in daily conversation.  
Smart enough is the key part of the equation.  

Are you trying to say I'm retarded?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, what’s to read into? You told a joke. It wasn’t funny. I told you as much. Your doing that thing you do anytime anyone pokes at you.

His post was a simile; an analogy that actually made sense given the topic of Hackenberg.  I don’t understand why you felt the need to play joke police. That may lead me to believe you saw that word used and got uppity.

Either way you should probably take it down a notch.  Consider this thread derailed.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Name one Jets QB that has gone on to success elsewhere?   

Aside of course from Geno Smith, who several orgs gave up on before he finally had a solid season 9 years later, all to lose in the divisional round….

If you were correct on this one we’d see QBs go on to success with better orgs.  But they don’t.  

Pennington?  Won with a smoke and mirrors system in Miami before getting obliterated by Baltimore, at home, in the playoffs.  And that was the last we really ever saw of him.  

Sanchez?  4 different orgs gave him a shot and he botched every single one.  He lost an open competition to Trevor Siemian, FFS.

Darnold?  Had some moments with Carolina for sure but they’re now casting him aside too.

Hackenberg got benched in the AAF.  Petty, Captain Morgan, McElroy, Tajh Boyd, Ratliff, Erik Ainge, Brooks Bollinger….not a one of them did anything elsewhere. 

That just leaves the aforementioned Geno and Kellen Clemens (solid journeyman backup).  That’s it, end of list over the last 25 years.  

The far bigger problem for the Jets over the years has been QB evaluation, not development.  You can’t develop trash, and that’s basically all the Jets have drafted.  

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yes, but you have to actually start with a QB to ruin them. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Since we are policing language.

You're*

38 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

His post was a simile; an analogy that actually made sense given the topic of Hackenberg.  I don’t understand why you felt the need to play joke police. That may lead me to believe you saw that word used and got uppity.

Either way you should probably take it down a notch.  Consider this thread derailed.

Uppity is his thing.

Hackenberg blamed Penn State when he didn't star in college, then blamed the Jets when he didn't develop as a pro.

No doubt the Jets' coaching didn't help, but sometimes a dud is just a dud. And Hackenberg needs to look in the mirror to figure out why that is.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Since we are policing language.

You're*

Do you really not get that your joke attempt was an unfunny simile, so I replied with another simile to poke at it?

It was never about word choice, my poor victimized friend. 

I’d be a hypocrite to call that out, cause I’m pretty positive I’ve made equally tasteless jokes.

Sorry I can’t be your oppressor today.

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Bad jokes are always deserving of scrutiny. Do you know how often I get panned for bad jokes? It’s sorta a thing here.

Hes not crying about the joke critique though. He desperately wants someone to tell him not to say retard, so he can cry victim. This is sorta what he does.

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

To say the Jets as an organization can't develop QBs is just an ignorant statement perpetuated by media seeking clicks by frustrated Jets fans.

What happened years ago with a different GM and a completely different coaching staff has absolutely no relevance to the current Jets.  The laundry does not develop QBs.  Neither does the owner.  And it's not the food or water at Florham Park.  What happened with Sanchez has nothing to do with Geno Smith.  And the Smith era has nothing to with Hackenburg.  And Hackenburg had nothing to do with Darnold. And the Darnold development had nothing to do with Wilson.  

It is certainly not ignorant because it is a fact.

Developing players goes beyond who the GM and Coach is….a well run organization has a pipeline of scouts, evaluators, trainers, positional coaches who survive GM/HC regime changes.

This is due to solid culture that supports players, coaches, and scouts.

40 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

It is certainly not ignorant because it is a fact.

Developing players goes beyond who the GM and Coach is….a well run organization has a pipeline of scouts, evaluators, trainers, positional coaches who survive GM/HC regime changes.

This is due to solid culture that supports players, coaches, and scouts.

An organization is made up of people.  Show me what scouts, evaluators, trainers, coaches from 2015 when Hackenburg was drafted are still with the team. It's a big nobody!  The culture has changed completely.  It is an ignorant fallacy to think that the Jets "organization" is the same entity as it was 20 years ago, 10 years ago or even 3 years ago. Everything is different.  The only things that are the same are the owner, the name of the team, and the facility.  So, as I stated earlier, unless you think the  laundry plays a role or you believe in curses, hauntings or something absurd like that, the Jets organization that failed to develop Hackenburg or Darnold or Sanchez bears is not the same organization that drafted Wilson.

56 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

An organization is made up of people.  Show me what scouts, evaluators, trainers, coaches from 2015 when Hackenburg was drafted are still with the team. It's a big nobody!  The culture has changed completely.  It is an ignorant fallacy to think that the Jets "organization" is the same entity as it was 20 years ago, 10 years ago or even 3 years ago. Everything is different.  The only things that are the same are the owner, the name of the team, and the facility.  So, as I stated earlier, unless you think the  laundry plays a role or you believe in curses, hauntings or something absurd like that, the Jets organization that failed to develop Hackenburg or Darnold or Sanchez bears is not the same organization that drafted Wilson.

Woody Johnson hired incompetent people to make decisions, so its no surprise none of them could find a QB, much less build the rest of the roster.

Douglas arrived here without much of any influence from ownership, and, to no one's surprise, is the best GM we've had in Johnson's tenure.