USATSI_20133511-scaled.jpg

Jordan Addison

Wide Receiver, USC

Height: 5111

Weight: 173

Hand Size: 868

Arm Size: 3078

Wingspan: 7448

40-Yard Dash (10-Yard Split): 4.49 (1.56)

Vertical Jump: 34.0”

Broad Jump: 10’ 2”

3-Cone Drill: —

Bench Press: —

Hometown: Frederick, MD

High School: Tuscarora HS

Class/Age: Senior, 21 (January 27, 2002)

Recruit: ★★★★ 4-star, #275 overall, #10 ATH, #12 MD

Games Watched: Spring Game (2022), Tennessee (2021), W. Michigan (2021), Wake Forest (2021), Michigan State (2021), Rice (2022), Stanford (2022), UCLA (2022), Utah (2022)

• Route Running: 9.5
  • Hands: 9.0
  • Release: 9.5
  • Separation/Quickness: 9.0
  • Ball Skills: 9.0
  • Speed: 9.0
  • Size: 7.5
  • Run Blocking: 8.5
  • Versatility: 9.0
  • Football IQ: 9.0

Grade: 89.0/100 (1st round pick)

Notes:

• Pittsburgh transfer after 2021 season
  • 2021 Biletnikoff Award winner
  • Missed 3 games in 2022

• 2022: 537 snaps
    • 422 wide (78.5%)
    • 102 slot (18.9%)
    • 13 backfield/inline (2.4%)

Summary:

Manufactured touches in pass game (jet motion flat, screens, backfield swings). He was used more on the boundary under Lincoln Riley at USC in 2022 after primarily playing slot receiver for Kenny Pickett in Pittsburgh in 2021. Addison is a nuanced route runner who is smart in space, which reminds me slightly of Elijah Moore. Possesses great release packages and excels at creating separation. Ball skills are NFL ready. He totaled 159 receptions for 2,468 yards and 25 touchdowns during his final two seasons in college. My only negative is size, but his durability is not a concern. He could be a WR1 for a team in the NFL, but would preferably be a very good WR2. An all-around gamer and my top wideout in the class.

At least five defenders were in the area of Jordan Addison after making this catch, and he turned it into an explosive play.

His explosiveness and ability to change directions in a flash makes him dynamic after the catch. #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/N7nqVkIy4Y

— WBG84 (@WBG84) January 20, 2023

Addison could fit into the Jets’ plans, especially if they were unable to acquire an Odell Beckham Jr., who they briefly met with at the league meeting in Arizona. He would allow Garrett Wilson and Allen Lazard to play on  the boundary (and Corey Davis if he is on the team), while he can play the slot with Hardman rotating in as your fourth. I exaggerate that this wide receiver room would make Aaron Rodgers a 6,000 yard passer, but you can’t help but think this would be one of his best supporting casts in recent years (let’s not forget his Super Bowl group). The Jets would likely have to take him at 13, unless they feel like they could trade down a couple spots and still land him. You can point to other position groups that are of bigger need, but Joe Douglas said “the more weapons the better”, so the former Biletnikoff award winner is my “outside the box” pick for New York on night one of the draft.

The post JetNation Prospect Profile: Jordan Addison, WR, USC appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

If the Jets sign OBJ, you can scratch any WR with the #1 pick.

You can scratch WR in Round 1 regardless 

Douglas would have to be batsh*t to take a total luxury like a receiver at #13 when we have a 38 year old and a total question mark as our bookend OT’s and still have big holes at DT and center.

Hell, I’d sooner draft one of the top EDGE prospects over taking a wideout. Especially since Lawson is likely a goner after the Rodgers deal goes through.

• Upvote 1

This guy was the best WR in college football 2 years ago. If he had the opportunity to declare he would have went before Wilson, London and Olave. Cooled off big time at USC. Unfortunately he missed 3 or 4 games so the production doesn't jump out for this season.

We don't need one (WR) BUT if we were to select one, Addison would be the best fit. It's safe to assume the Steelers would like to reunite him with Pickett.

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

It would be a shame to get Rodgers and get him killed in the first 2 weeks.   I am in favor of targeting OLine with the first pick.  

It could be said having a rookie LT can get Rodgers killed as well.

33 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I ve not seen him play but 4.49 40 speed at that size is concerning.

Antonio Brown ran a 4.57

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2023 at 4:20 PM, LAD_Brooklyn said:

This guy was the best WR in college football 2 years ago. If he had the opportunity to declare he would have went before Wilson, London and Olave. Cooled off big time at USC. Unfortunately he missed 3 or 4 games so the production doesn't jump out for this season.

We don't need one (WR) BUT if we were to select one, Addison would be the best fit. It's safe to assume the Steelers would like to reunite him with Pickett.

It could be said having a rookie LT can get Rodgers killed as well.

Antonio Brown ran a 4.57

Antonio Brown was a 6th rd pick for a reason.

Addison and Johnson are really the only WR's I like in the 1st this year.  The rest seem reachy, even JSN.  That said, a Flowers or Downs in the second could be fun.  Different type of WR then the Jets have on the roster too, shifty yac dudes...could be nasty in a west coast.

Wouldnt hate Addison, though it seems unlikely w/ Lazard and potentially OBJ in the mix.  

12 hours ago, JiF said:

Addison and Johnson are really the only WR's I like in the 1st this year.  The rest seem reachy, even JSN.  That said, a Flowers or Downs in the second could be fun.  Different type of WR then the Jets have on the roster too, shifty yac dudes...could be nasty in a west coast.

Wouldnt hate Addison, though it seems unlikely w/ Lazard and potentially OBJ in the mix.  

I'd say Addison period is the only 1st round WR. Not sure he changes the WR room dynamic IMO... Don't agree with Downs, but Zay Flowers yes!.. just don't love the price tag. He's a dynamo, but i can't condone a top 50 pick on a 5'9, buck 80 receiver. 

I'm still all about AT Perry from value standpoint... Looks like a round 3-4 name and sky is the ceiling. He reminds me of Sidney Rice at South Carolina.

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

I'd say Addison period is the only 1st round WR. Not sure he changes the WR room dynamic IMO... Don't agree with Downs, but Zay Flowers yes!.. just don't love the price tag. He's a dynamo, but i can't condone a top 50 pick on a 5'9, buck 80 receiver. 

I'm still all about AT Perry from value standpoint... Looks like a round 3-4 name and sky is the ceiling. He reminds me of Sidney Rice at South Carolina.

Fair, I'm intrigued by Johnson still.  Prototype but not sure he actually plays like a prototype.  Addison is my favorite WR in the draft but I hear what you're saying as I would say he profiles similarly to G. Wilson.  I dont like him as much as I loved Wilson (my favorite WR last year) but do like his potential to hit. 

I dont disagree on the size comment, it's why I really didnt love Elijah Moore coming out, especially that high. Curious, do you tend not to like prospects from UNC?  I feel like you never like anyone coming out of that program.  Downs, I dont undertand.  He's got that Debo, Toney, Wan'Dale, type of wiggle, run after the catch ability but also has some big time tracking and adjustment ability.  Those were my guys coming out their years, I dont love him to that point but I have him and Flowers as damn near identical prospect in this draft. 

He is probably a late first round/early second round pick.  If they get a shot at him, I would move up to get him.  He and Wilson would be awesome.  Sign Jones at center and Woods at DT.  Use the money you would have spent on OBJ to fill other holes.

Wilson, Addison and Lazard would be a dangerous trio.