How Good Is Arch Manning Actually?

He will be an absolute bust given all the hype. He will be given the starting job and every opportunity (even after many failures) to keep it based on his name. He's not terrible and will have flashes of brilliance at times but this will not be sustainable. He was a 3* at best coming out of high school. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 1

2 hours ago, RJIII said:

He will be an absolute bust given all the hype. He will be given the starting job and every opportunity (even after many failures) to keep it based on his name. He's not terrible and will have flashes of brilliance at times but this will not be sustainable. He was a 3* at best coming out of high school. 

So destined to be a jet?

• Haha 3

Even if the Jets are in a position to draft him in the first place…

• given how Peyton, when he was willing to go to the ‘97 Jets instead of returning for his senior season, was left at the altar by dad-pal Parcells, who was hell bent on trading down from #1…

• and then the stance Arch Sr. took before and after his next boy Eli was drafted by the Chargers…

• and then after that, Peyton as a UFA making it so obvious the Jets need not apply…

• and then after that, the Jets’ consecutive failures of every round 1-2 QB they drafted, from Geno to [I guess Hackenberg] to Darnold to Wilson — one who required several years to undo his formative years failure of a Jets start before becoming a probowler, plus two more failed top 3 overall draft picks, which will look only worse still if Darnold looks productive with SF this year...

I’d start the bidding at 99% that Arch Sr. would orchestrate a repeat of 2004 and threaten to have his grandson sit out the season if drafted by the Jets, even if Arch Jr. makes Uncle Eli’s mopeymanning face as he and Goodell take pictures with his green #1 jersey.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Even if the Jets are in a position to draft him in the first place…

• given how Peyton, when he was willing to go to the ‘97 Jets instead of returning for his senior season, was left at the altar by dad-pal Parcells, who was hell bent on trading down from #1…

• and then the stance Arch Sr. took before and after his next boy Eli was drafted by the Chargers…

• and then after that, Peyton as a UFA making it so obvious the Jets need not apply…

• and then after that, the Jets’ consecutive failures of every round 1-2 QB they drafted, from Geno to [I guess Hackenberg] to Darnold to Wilson — one who required several years to undo his formative years failure of a Jets start before becoming a probowler, plus two more failed top 3 overall draft picks, which will look only worse still if Darnold looks productive with SF this year...

I’d start the bidding at 99% that Arch Sr. would orchestrate a repeat of 2004 and threaten to have his grandson sit out the season if drafted by the Jets, even if Arch Jr. makes Uncle Eli’s mopeymanning face as he and Goodell take pictures with his green #1 jersey.

I’ve never blamed Archie, guys career was flushed down the toilet in NO. He just wants better for his boys, seek to work so far. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, 20andOut said:

I Almost feel bad for this kid. If he doesn’t win a national championship and multiple super bowls he will be considered a disappointment 

Even if he busts he will have made millions and millions off of his rookie contract, never have to work again, and if he so chooses post-playing career can have a kush job in broadcasting or coaching.

I feel real bad for the kid lol.

• Haha 2

I don’t get the manning dislike of the jets. When you think of when Peyton came out, I think it’s safe to say he would’ve gotten his first Super Bowl ring a lot sooner with the jets than the colts. He would’ve been right there for the 98 season and then the next season. And they wouldn’t have had to suffer through the tease that chaddy was and then he’d still be there when mangini became coach assuming hermit didn’t leave for kc.

On 4/2/2023 at 11:04 AM, Adoni Beast said:

Even if he busts he will have made millions and millions off of his rookie contract, never have to work again, and if he so chooses post-playing career can have a kush job in broadcasting or coaching.

I feel real bad for the kid lol.

That’s why I said almost. And his rookie contract will be a drop in the bucket next to his inheritance