Cam Newton for QB 2

slim pickings BUT we really just need a Vet who knows OC or scheme to game manage if Aaron misses a portion of game or a game or two. Saleh obviously wasnt serious with Zach #2. You dont go all in for playoff 2023 run and risk the money , picks and horror sitting 2nd pick in draft to the QB is reason who had to resort getting a Vet stud QB. If they trusted him that much they wouldnt be getting Rodgers. Zach will be a redshirt this year or off team.

There are 4 UFA QB Vets who have Hackett and/or this scheme knowledge left: Bridgewater, Gabbert, Josh Johnson, Rypien.

Sign one or trade for another Vet familiar with scheme.

3 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

slim pickings BUT we really just need a Vet who knows OC or scheme to game manage if Aaron misses a portion of game or a game or two. Saleh obviously wasnt serious with Zach #2. You dont go all in for playoff 2023 run and risk the money , picks and horror sitting 2nd pick in draft to the QB is reason who had to resort getting a Vet stud QB. If they trusted him that much they wouldnt be getting Rodgers. Zach will be a redshirt this year or off team.

There are 4 UFA QB Vets who have Hackett and/or this scheme knowledge left: Bridgewater, Gabbert, Josh Johnson, Rypien.

Sign one or trade for another Vet familiar with scheme.

I can’t believe this needs to be explained but I guess it does, the Jets will not spend the cap space signing anyone except Rodgers.  Zach is going to be the back up and that’s that.   No matter what your feelings on the matter are.  

so just stop. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Is Cam ok being 3rd string behind Zach ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

When Zach has an MVP season, makes All Pro 3 times, has a recent year in

which he completed 65.8% of his passes and owns just about every rushing

TD records, he deserves to be Rodger's prime back up

• More Ugh 1

On 4/1/2023 at 10:38 PM, hmhertz said:

Completed 65.8% of his passes in 2021 the last season he had

substantial playing time while being injured. Former NFL MVP.

3 time Pro Bowl player. Was and still is a better athlete than any

QB  the Jets have ever had. Never played with a #1 receiver.

For those who think he is a dope his Wunderlich was higher than Farve

or Carr's

I would actually feel a lot better with Cam as a backup over Zach. To be honest, I think the Jets will be looking for another backup after the draft unless we draft a QB. There is little to point to when looking at the games Zach has played where you can say this guy has a bright future in the NFL. 

4 hours ago, JiF said:

^^^^ willing to do whatever it takes for a 73 year old, former MVP

Former MVP.  Don't ask any questions.  No context needed.  Hand over the check and stop colluding.  

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Depends .. Norm Van Brocklin, Bart Starr or Johnny U ??

Just MVPs.  If they have that trophy on the wall, you just pay what they ask and let 'em ball.

#StopCollusioning

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Former MVP.  Don't ask any questions.  No context needed.  Hand over the check and stop colluding.  

Yes, perfect depiction.  There has been no conversation or context or any discussion about acquiring any former MVP's.  Like usual, you're so on point.  It's sexy. You're sexy.

Just now, JiF said:

Yes, perfect depiction.  There has been no conversation or context or any discussion about acquiring any former MVP's.  Like usual, you're so on point.  It's sexy. You're sexy.

I'm about as sexy as Lamar is durable.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, hmhertz said:

When Zach has an MVP season, makes All Pro 3 times, has a recent year in

which he completed 65.8% of his passes and owns just about every rushing

TD records, he deserves to be Rodger's prime back up

How about healthy and won a game since 2020?  That’s deserving?