Draft geeks: List your "plant my flag" guys

5 hours ago, JiF said:

The only losers around here, dont watch college ball.  And the way you posed the question is stupid and you're getting consensus guys you could have googled.  Should have asked for some categories.  Then maybe this wouldnt be a mindless exercise where you encourage posters to copy and paste Todd McShay's top 50 prospects.  

A little rough on @Jetsfan80 no?

I feel the need to stick up for him here.

he always has insightful well thought out views and only rarely hits someone over the head with a club.

possibly an apology is coming?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

WR Jordan Addison

TE Michael Mayer

DT Calijah Kansey 

DE Will Anderson

OG Peter Skoronski

Honorable Mention TE Dalton Kincaid and TE Darnell Washington it's an exceptional TE year (Luke Musgrave is also can't miss but not much of a YAC guy) 

I like Anton Harrison OT Okla more than most think he's like a round too late in mocks 

also if you want a deep sleeper Malik Cunningham many are saying is a PFA type i think he can go mid rounds and have a solid career in a Lamar type of offense 

• Upvote 3

Unlike last year, this year’s draft seems like more of a need, shopping list based draft, especially if they get rodgers for one of those 2nds.  You’d assume they trade back in either round 1 or 2 to get more picks, but i would be surprised if they used 1st and 2nd round picks on OT and C.  Seems like a curve ball is coming somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Unlike last year, this year’s draft seems like more of a need, shopping list based draft 

drafting for pure need is an excellent way to find Busts

these OT for example Paris and Broderick, I don't think they are terrible but they aren't all-pro types either. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I mean, it's not sexy.  They are all the common names

1. Will Anderson - not much to say, one of the better edge prospects to come out in a while

2. Jalen Carter - despite the stuff that happened this offseson, the dude is a straight monster on the field.  I think he'll use this all as a wake up call and be the player everyone expects him to be.

3. Bijan Robinson - the best RB prospect in a while IMO.

4. Jordan Addison - reminds me of Garret Wilson

5. Tyree Wilson - might like him better then Carter honestly but I think both have some serious game wrecker attributes to them.

Was that so hard loser?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

drafting for pure need is an excellent way to find Busts

these OT for example Paris and Broderick, I don't think they are terrible but they aren't all-pro types either. 

I agree but i think the draft overall is weak.  Maybe 20 first round graded players and several are OTs.  May as well go for need and value there.  

I don't want Lith coming after me, again, but for the life of me I do not see the big deal about Darnell Washington.  I simply did not see the big man dominate type player that I saw last year with Jelani Woods and Woods was a mid 3rd rounder.

He's huge, he can block but he looks clumsy, didn't see his size totally dominate on many plays.   Not overly agile, not a lot of catches or tds

I think this guy is getting massively overrated due to the Georgia connection.

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don't want Lith coming after me, again, but for the life of me I do not see the big deal about Darnell Washington.  I simply did not see the big man dominate type player that I saw last year with Jelani Woods and Woods was a mid 3rd rounder.

He's huge, he can block but he looks clumsy, didn't see his size totally dominate on many plays.   Not overly agile, not a lot of catches or tds

I think this guy is getting massively overrated due to the Georgia connection.

fwiw i'd take Washington, move him to LT and make Jason Peters part II 

• Upvote 1

On 4/11/2023 at 11:59 AM, Warfish said:

I'm surprised so many think a 5'10", 195 pound QB who lacks elite arm strength is a sure thing at the NFL level.

? 

But on the flip side,  Max Duggan is Russell Wilson 2.0 (in the draft). Dude is a gamer, has a good arm, athletic, tough, and carried TCU to the BCS. 

I think he's actually a much better QB prospect than Zach was (long term) and if he's there in the 6th or whatever, wtfn? I'd rather a tough as nails leader be the heir apparent than headband boy.

? 

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

?

But on the flip side,  Max Duggan is Russell Wilson 2.0 (in the draft). Dude is a gamer, has a good arm, athletic, tough, and carried TCU to the BCS. 

I think he's actually a much better QB prospect than Zach was (long term) and if he's there in the 6th or whatever, wtfn? I'd rather a tough as nails leader be the heir apparent than headband boy.

?

That's all well and good, but midget QB's rarely work out.  The rare exceptions nonwithdtanding.

If Duggan doesn't get drafted, and is available as an UDFA, fine, sign him, dump the Strev, and let him sit on the P.S. a year, see what he's got vs. pros in practice.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

That's all well and good, but midget QB's rarely work out.  The rare exceptions nonwithdtanding.

If Duggan doesn't get drafted, and is available as an UDFA, fine, sign him, dump the Strev, and let him sit on the P.S. a year, see what he's got vs. pros in practice.

We're rooting for him for other reasons. I showed my son his highlights and combine, and then told him how he had WPW and Cardiac Cath 2 years ago and just carried his team to a Championship game.  He's a role model and fave in the Engine House. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

We're rooting for him for other reasons. I showed my son his highlights and combine, and then told him how he had WPW and Cardiac Cath 2 years ago and just carried his team to a Championship game.  He's a role model and fave in the Engine House. 

Totally get it, seems like a good kid from everything I've heard, very likeable and easy to root for.

That's why I'd be ok with him as a UDFA.  Usually I'd be 100% against a player like him based on size and skillset/style.  

I'm not totally risk averse, just prefer it be low risk/cheap, i.e. UDFA or a 7th or the like (and I have other desires with out late round picks, a FB and a Punter!)

But I get ya my friend.

• Post of the Week 1

On 4/11/2023 at 1:19 PM, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I could be wrong as English is my second language, but I think you plant trees and stake flags.....

Unless you're from the Balkans.  Then you plant garlic and stake vampires.

But I digress...

On 4/10/2023 at 11:18 PM, Be_a_Jet said:

1. Drew Sanders

2. Jalin Hyatt

If you're  right on Hyatt  I'll eat crow but he is one of my least liked prospects in the draft at cost.

One year of elite production, limited reps against press coverage ( literally one catch vs. Press), poor reception perception draft profile... looks to have the profile of a straight line burner deep threat with a limited route tree. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Now, you are making me feel bad about the beatdown we put on his team. 

Eh, not really.

Hope your son is doing well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

If you're  right on Hyatt  I'll eat crow but he is one of my least liked prospects in the draft at cost.

One year of elite production, limited reps against press coverage ( literally one catch vs. Press), poor reception perception draft profile... looks to have the profile of a straight line burner deep threat with a limited route tree. 

I just said almost the same in another thread.  I am not a fan of Hyatt.  I think he will struggle big time against physical NFL corners.  But, as I also said in that same other thread, I tend to be wrong more often than I am right, so who knows?

• Upvote 1