YouTube TV Announces Sunday Ticket Prices

Isn't there going to be an option to get the games of just one team? Where I live in CT we always got both the Jets and Pats games (Giants too but WGAF? ;)  When I went to YouTube TV they only showed Pats games, so I went to the cheapest streaming service from Comcast and added it to my internet. It's about another $15 a month and I get all the Jets games. That service doesn't even have ESPN - it's sooo bad. But at least I get all the Jets games cheap.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Still hoping they allow some type of carriage deal with Directv for those that do not have great internet.

They announced a few weeks ago that they are going to provide it to businesses like sports bars, restaurants, etc. through other cable providers so that a sports bar doesn't have to worry about having enough internet and WiFi for 50 different TVs.

I'm sure at some point they'll offer something similar for people who live places where high speed internet isn't available.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

They announced a few weeks ago that they are going to provide it to businesses like sports bars, restaurants, etc. through other cable providers so that a sports bar doesn't have to worry about having enough internet and WiFi for 50 different TVs.

I'm sure at some point they'll offer something similar for people who live places where high speed internet isn't available.

I did my annual knockdown of my Directv bill, and they gave me a <wink,wink> that they were in talks with google and hoping of something. Nothing guaranteed.

23 minutes ago, AceRothstein said:

I get DirecTV Sunday Ticket for about $100 annually as a deal for students. You need a student email address. 

Can I use my middle schooler's email address which is basically a series of random numbers @hermiddleschool so that she can log into a Google docs account? lol

32 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

What should be of no surprise, it's expensive.

I'm finally pulling the plug on DirecTV this month after about 20 years.  Downshifted my plan/channels to their lowest tier at the end of the football season and did a heavily discounted 3 month trial of FUBO which actually isn't bad.  FUBO has been my first experience with live-streaming a full TV package of Live TV as my primary TV source.  I will pivot to YouTube TV in the coming months to grab the $249 price.

Does anyone have experience with both FUBO and YouTube TV?

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Every streaming site I've ever used has had problems with freezing, crashing and cutting out. 

I'll gladly pay up for a nice clean experience. I tried the YouTube TV trial for Superbowl and it was excellent. No lagging, pausing or anything. Nice crisp picture.

I read somewhere they're going to offer the ability to watch multiple games at once this year too.

DirecTV's Sunday Ticket had multi-game views and if you used the app on Apple TV it was actually very good.  Much better than watching Sunday Ticket via the native DirecTV satellite source.  Via satellite you had to choose one of two different channels that would show you either a 4-game or 8-game block of preset games but you couldn't choose the games.  With the Apple TV app for Sunday Ticket you could put whatever games you wanted in different areas of the screen.  I'd hope that the Google/YouTube TV method provides a powerful app with similar options.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm finally pulling the plug on DirecTV this month after about 20 years.  Downshifted my plan/channels to their lowest tier at the end of the football season and did a heavily discounted 3 month trial of FUBO which actually isn't bad.  FUBO has been my first experience with live-streaming a full TV package of Live TV as my primary TV source.  I will pivot to YouTube TV in the coming months to grab the $249 price.

I am in phoenix and do youtube tv and a nice vpn....no need for direct tv

3 years running now. :-)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Every streaming site I've ever used has had problems with freezing, crashing and cutting out. 

I'll gladly pay up for a nice clean experience. I tried the YouTube TV trial for Superbowl and it was excellent. No lagging, pausing or anything. Nice crisp picture.

I read somewhere they're going to offer the ability to watch multiple games at once this year too.

Yeah I don’t judge brother and I do understand but from my experience the 1pm games run do run smoothly

39 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I switched to YouTube TV in January after having Direct TV since 1997.

It's definitely been a bit of an adjustment but I'm getting used to it.  The biggest difference to me is the inability to switch channels with ease and no "back" or "last" button.

With DirectTv (or any cable system for that matter) you had channel numbers memorized and could enter them quickly on a remote...likely without even looking...to change the channel.

With YouTube TV - there are no channel numbers and no "back" button - so you basically have to go back into the guide then scroll to the channel you want to change the channel.

Frustrating. 

Although with YouTube TV you do have the opportunity to customize the guide so that all of the channels you primarily watch are at the top, which limits the need to scroll that much.

From what I'm reading, it sounds like with the Sunday ticket they are going to give you some kind of option where all the games are featured limiting the need to scroll through to find the one you want.

They're also going to offer "multiview" which they rolled out for the NCAA tourney.  Multiview is similar to what it was on Direct TV, where the screen will have a two or four game split and you can select which audio you want - you can also then just click on a specific game to get the full screen.  YouTube TV's multiview worked pretty well for the NCAA tourney.

I have high speed internet (100 megabites) through AT&T and haven't had any "buffering" issues with YouTube TV.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If you decide over the summer that you want it that's not too horrible. $249 is actually cheaper than it was if you're a YTTV subscriber. $349 for non-subscribers is not that horrible of an increase (I think it was somewhere around $300 last year) considering the increase in quality you're about to get. DirectTV's app might have been the worst streaming app out there. 

You mean you didn't enjoy paying $300 bucks for them to preload an ad for you every time you open the ******* app?

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

It's pricey but $249 is doable

$249 is if you're already a subscriber to youtube TV which right now is $72.99 a month. I assume you know this, but we're going to have this post over and over with people confused about the cost based on date/youtube TV subscription. 

Personally, I think $349 (for non-subscribers) is fine.