Suh: Not interested, calls the Jets "non-contenders"

Bronx

33 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Lmao if the NyJ are not contenders idk what a contender is 

huh?  Right now?  Not a chance.  And even if they do land Rodgers, they're still not legit contenders. Maybe contenders for the wild card or something. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

A lot of things have got to go right for this team to make the playoffs.  They should do well but past performance is not a good predictor of future success. The defense played well. Can they be as good this next season? The offense has nowhere to go but up but even there they’ve averaged less than 20 ppg for seemingly ever.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Lmao if the NyJ are not contenders idk what a contender is 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

People need to revisit the meaning of the word contenders

Contenders are typically perennially well run organizations that find themselves in the Playoffs annually. So .. .to this point Suh is spot on. That could change.

Definition :

What does being a contender mean?
: one that contends. especially : a competitor for a championship or high honor.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What does that have to do with having enough talent to contend this season?

Teams coming off 7-10 seasons aren’t usually labeled contenders because they’ve proven nothing. The idea that the Jets are “contenders” is total projection. The Rodgers trade hasn’t even happened.

I’m bullish on the Jets young core and with Rodgers I think there’s a chance everything falls into place for us… But no, it’s fair to say a team that hasn’t made the playoffs in 12 years and who currently has Zach Wilson at QB is not a “Super Bowl Contender.” I’m not sure landing Rodgers even makes us AFC East favorites.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Suh is scared to go to a team that is emerging.  He doesn't think he is good enough to standout on the Jets Defensive line. He is worried about himself more than anything. 

Its ok ... not every player is a leader that can lift an organization ...  we really never needed him.

2 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

The team was playoff bound with no qb and most of the oline on ir and their best offensive weapon injured... 

But getting Rodgers is making them non contenders... You guys need a reality check

Getting Rodgers in here and all it would cost is saying that he is the missing piece to getting to the Super Bowl. With the great teams in the AFC and the amount of work the Jets would still have to do with this roster to get to that level, Rodgers is fools gold. That’s the reality.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

Getting Rodgers in here and all it would cost is saying that he is the missing piece to getting to the Super Bowl. With the great teams in the AFC and the amount of work the Jets would still have to do with this roster to get to that level, Rodgers is fools gold. That’s the reality.

OK bud... Stay in that mind set

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I agree with him too.   Even with a decent QB the Jets are likely only going to the playoffs.

Do not get me wrong.  If the Jets even make it to the SB I will be thrilled beyond belief.

Most playoff teams don’t win a ring. But every team that wins a ring makes the playoffs.

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

We haven’t made the playoffs in 12 years, tied for the longest streak in all of sports.

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

until they get rodgers in the building they aren't. team will easily be under .500 again unless we get legit qb play. a guy like tannehill probably gets them to 9 or 10 wins. rodgers gives us a shot at the division and an afc championship game

1 hour ago, JiF said:

huh?  Right now?  Not a chance.  And even if they do land Rodgers, they're still not legit contenders. Maybe contenders for the wild card or something. 

53 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Contenders are typically perennially well run organizations that find themselves in the Playoffs annually. So .. .to this point Suh is spot on. That could change.

Definition :

What does being a contender mean?
: one that contends. especially : a competitor for a championship or high honor.

EWWW HATERS! GO AWAY!

Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

People need to revisit the meaning of the word contenders

When I think of a "contender", I think of one of the favorites to win the SB.  The Jets havent had a winning season in 7 years, I dont think you go from one of the worst teams in Football to a contender w/out some gradual steps to showing you can even win 8 games w/ or w/out Rodgers. 

"Emerging", "High potential", "Competitive" - sure.  "Contender".  No. 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

The team was playoff bound with no qb and most of the oline on ir and their best offensive weapon injured... 

But getting Rodgers is making them non contenders... You guys need a reality check

You dont lose 7-8 games and end the season on a 6 games losing streak to then turn around and call yourself a contender,  no matter what happens in the offseason.  That's reality. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

When I think of a "contender", I think of one of the favorites to win the SB.  The Jets havent had a winning season in 7 years, I dont think you go from one of the worst teams in Football to a contender w/out some gradual steps to showing you can even win 8 games w/ or w/out Rodgers. 

"Emerging", "High potential", "Competitive" - sure.  "Contender".  No. 

This is what comes from everyone getting a trophy ... complete fantasy land mentality.

The HOPE is that Rodgers makes the team competitive.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Suh is scared to go to a team that is emerging.  He doesn't think he is good enough to standout on the Jets Defensive line. He is worried about himself more than anything. 

Its ok ... not every player is a leader that can lift an organization ...  we really never needed him.

What he is afraid of is being on a D-line where he's not the top dog this time because the best Defensive tackle in the NFL is playing on the Jets line and his name is Quinnen Williams. What is REALLY scary for me as I'm looking at the 2023 OurLads Depth Chart is as of April 15th 2023 look who is listed right now as the Jets starting QBimage.thumb.jpeg.8f78a6c3823787c3e1cbcd025d7f97f1.jpeg

• More Ugh 1