Mike Martz on Hendon Hooker...NFL Ready

11 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Note to Woody..we know you visit this board. Move on from Rodgers, save the picks and the waste of money. Draft Hooker at #13. He's not going to be around after that. Then build around him. We need a QB that can be dynamic at the level of Allen, Mahomes and Burrow.  

Meh .. rather Rodgers and wait till next year for a QB if we need one.

• Upvote 2

We're not in need of an NFL ready QB. Just one to develop and select day 3 of the draft. Hooker doesn't fit the bill at age 25 coming off of ACL surgery. I think he'll make it in the NFL as a Jacoby Brissett type player which is definitely a success dispute Brissett being a fringe starter. 

A QB I would like us to target is Dorian Thompson-Robinson from UCLA. Definitely not NFL ready like you're promoting Hooker to be. But can challenge Zack in a year or two if things work out with him. Someone we can possibly get in the 4th pending on the demand this draft on QBs. 

• Upvote 4

Pass on rodgers and then use 13th pick to take a qb who tore his acl in November and will likely not be able to practice fully for months? Then likely won't be close to prepared to play this year?

Lol hard pass. That's a kind of player you take in round 4 and groom behind Rodgers for a year. 

Ps I don't care about bs reports that his recovery is going well.  That's just to keep his draft stock up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Note to Woody..we know you visit this board. Move on from Rodgers, save the picks and the waste of money. Draft Hooker at #13. He's not going to be around after that. Then build around him. We need a QB that can be dynamic at the level of Allen, Mahomes and Burrow.  

I actually like the idea of drafting Hooker but I think we can get him in the second round. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Pass on rodgers and then use 13th pick to take a qb who tore his acl in November and will likely not be able to practice fully for months? Then likely won't be close to prepared to play this year?

Lol hard pass. That's a kind of player you take in round 4 and groom behind Rodgers for a year. 

Ps I don't care about bs reports that his recovery is going well.  That's just to keep his draft stock up. 

Don't take him now. Wait until he's 39 and he can take the team to the superbowl in 2037.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You can do both 

As we get closer, his stock is rising daily. I think NE will take him right after us if we don't take him at #13.
Those that are paying attention can see he won't last. If you would take him in the 2nd round, then why not the first?.  
The Jets are drafting OL at 13 ... The sooner you accept that ..the better you will feel.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

You can do both 

Trading draft picks for a qb and then using your 1st on another QB, seems like a horrible allocation of resources. 

Jets are trading for Rodgers to win now. They aren't passing up on a tackle or edge rusher at 13 to draft a guy for 3 years from now. Later in the draft,  sure.

21 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Trading draft picks for a qb and then using your 1st on another QB, seems like a horrible allocation of resources. 

Jets are trading for Rodgers to win now. They aren't passing up on a tackle or edge rusher at 13 to draft a guy for 3 years from now. Later in the draft,  sure.

How on gods green earth is acquiring a potential franchise QB for 15 years bad allocation of resources???

Cj Stroud looks like frickin warren moon 

Levis looks like Allen/ big Ben 

I don't get it 

• Upvote 1

The age is not a big deal for one it means he is not a 20 year immature meat head and as jets fans we know all about that and also so many teams are signing and going after guys in their 30s.  I see Hooker as being about Geno Smith level quality but not come into the league geno smith, i mean geno smith from last year.  I think he can be that type.

As with all qb prospects if he can sit for a year and go to a team that is not utterly terrible helps.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Hooker could be the next Watson, ( before the weird stuff). I think Watson was taken 12 or 13

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

How on gods green earth is acquiring a potential franchise QB for 15 years bad allocation of resources???

Cj Stroud looks like frickin warren moon 

Levis looks like Allen/ big Ben 

I don't get it 

Sorry, I didn't know drafting a QB in the first round was a guarantee of success. Jets should have tried the whole drafting QBs in the 1st round thing before. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Sorry, I didn't know drafting a QB in the first round was a guarantee of success. Jets should have tried the whole drafting QBs in the 1st round thing before. 

Try to have a little nuance and common sense here dude. 

Many of these qbs check lots of boxes

Many years the QB class is terrible. And even if it's a good class you don't always have the opportunity to even draft one. 

What am I missing here