Dolphins signing Chosen Robbie Anderson

https://www.thephinsider.com/2023/4/15/23685075/report-miami-dolphins-agree-to-terms-with-veteran-free-agent-wide-receiver-chosen-anderson-2023-nfl

REPORT: Miami Dolphins agree to terms with WR Chosen Anderson

The Miami Dolphins signed veteran wide receiver Chosen Anderson on Saturday Night, adding another playmaker to Mike McDaniel’s offense.

By Josh Houtz@houtz  Apr 15, 2023, 11:07pm EDT  

Syndication: Arizona RepublicMichael Chow / USA TODAY NETWORK

The Miami Dolphins agreed to terms with former Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Robbie Chosen Anderson late Saturday night, according to the veteran wideout’s Instagram account. ESPN’s Marcel Louis-Jacques would later confirm the report.

Anderson, 29, spent the first four years of his career with the New York Jets before signing a two-year deal worth $20 million with the Carolina Panthers ahead of the 2020 season. During his first year with the Panthers, Anderson caught 95 receptions for 1,096 yards and three touchdowns. From there, it was all downhill as the wide receiver’s numbers continued to fall. He also began to become a bit of a problem in the Panthers’ locker room.

Last season, before being traded to the Cardinals, Anderson was kicked out of the game for a disagreement he had with the Panthers’ coaching staff. Anderson spoke with reporters after the game and explained his side of the story.

“I’m here to do all I can to help us win; it’s third down, I’m being taken out the game, you know, I don’t think I should be OK with that. So, I made a comment, ‘It’s the money down, why am I being taken out?’ And that’s that.”

When asked why he thought he was removed from the game on a critical third down, Anderson responded.

“I have no idea, but one thing I do, I always stand on and continue to do, is I give my all to everything that I do,” he said. “I don’t play this game for money, I don’t play this game for fame, things like that. I play this game ’cause I love the game of football. And regardless of what’s been going on the past week, I always keep my head down and keep working.”

Anderson was traded to the Arizona Cardinals before the trade deadline in exchange for a 2024 sixth-round pick and a 2025 seventh-round pick. He would appear in ten games for the Cardinals, finishing the year with seven catches on 17 targets for 76 yards.

He will join a Miami Dolphins receiving corps featuring Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Braxton Berrios, River Cracraft, Erik Ezukanma, and Freddie Swain. Could Chosen Anderson have a bounce-back season and once again become the dynamic speedster fantasy football fans once coveted? Time will certainly tell, but I hope his days of being a diva and causing off-the-field issues are over because that’s the last thing the Dolphins need as the team goes for their first division title since 2008.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yep, like Al Davis speed. Dude loaded the Raiders of old with speed. Dude would draft a track star every chance he got, 

And they resigned Mostert and added sexy Braxton to the mix.  Mike White might win the Super Bowl w/ that team when Tua has to retire.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, JiF said:

And they resigned Mostert and added sexy Braxton to the mix.  Mike White might win the Super Bowl w/ that team when Tua has to retire.

True, providing Tua doesn’t  get hurt until after the AFC championship game. Mike White might be the best one game closer in the NFL 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Really odd fit for Miami since he’s only a deep threat and that doesn’t seem to mesh with Tua but that is a fast WR group. I’m surprised they’re not looking to steal one of these veteran RBs in a trade since they have no run game. The division is going to be a dog fight this season

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

Only the Strev will be able to stop it.

This is true. 

I think the odds of Strev beating the Dolphins in the AFC Championship game to get to the SB, are at least higher than Zach Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

I know some of us (myself included) were a little bummed to see Anderson go at the time because he was literally the only offensive skill player we had that belonged in the NFL... But, damn, this guy has sure turned out to be exactly what a lot of people thought (feared) he would be. Nice to see one former Jet that doesn't give you too much regret, lol.

Although, fast forward a couple years, 10 mil a year is practically a bargain for an average WR2.

Oh, no! Why didn't we resign him....

"Anderson, 29, spent the first four years of his career with the New York Jets before signing a two-year deal worth $20 million with the Carolina Panthers ahead of the 2020 season. During his first year with the Panthers, Anderson caught 95 receptions for 1,096 yards and three touchdowns. From there, it was all downhill as the wide receiver’s numbers continued to fall. He also began to become a bit of a problem in the Panthers’ locker room.

Last season, before being traded to the Cardinals, Anderson was kicked out of the game for a disagreement he had with the Panthers’ coaching staff. Anderson spoke with reporters after the game and explained his side of the story."