Quinnen Williams Will No Show Workouts

4 minutes ago, Barton said:

The irony of a guy who was a no show his first 3 seasons. 

True, but we are bringing in Rodgers partly because of this supposed top tier defense. We saw what it looks like without Q out there last year. But yeah, his first 3 seasons and stuff. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's ridiculous at this point.  He is the fuel that ignites the engine and you want play hardball w/ him while courting a 78 year old QB who is currently high on hallucinogenic in a cave somewhere.  He's the Jets Aaron Donald.  This should have happened mid season.

Douglas has said they have had "good discussions with Quinnen" and that this will likely happen. Unusual for Douglas to make those types of statements, so I am comforted by that.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Douglas has said they have had "good discussions with Quinnen" and that this will likely happen. Unusual for Douglas to make those types of statements, so I am comforted by that.

I wonder how much they need the overall Rodgers scenario to sort itself out before these other pieces fall into place. Rodgers cap hit will vary significantly depending on the trade conditions, which will have an effect on how you accommodate guys like Q.

Also ... Q has been fairly vocal about how bad we need a QB here, so I'm sure he's aware of the overall picture. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

I wonder how much they need the overall Rodgers scenario to sort itself out before these other pieces fall into place. Rodgers cap hit will vary significantly depending on the trade conditions, which will have an effect on how you accommodate guys like Q.

Also ... Q has been fairly vocal about how bad we need a QB here, so I'm sure he's aware of the overall picture. 

Q is NOT Jamal Adams. And Douglas respects the trenches. 

Seems to be normal saber rattling, but nothing is guaranteed. 

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's ridiculous at this point.  He is the fuel that ignites the engine and you want play hardball w/ him while courting a 78 year old QB who is currently high on hallucinogenic in a cave somewhere.  He's the Jets Aaron Donald.  This should have happened mid season.

The more we see of Joe Douglas the more his abysmal win/loss record makes sense. Dude looks and acts like a good GM but his misses have far outweighed his hits. Yes, let’s not pay him because it took 3 years on an awful roster  for him to become top 2/3 at his position, because hey that happens all the time on this team. Interesting enough as the D got better he became dominant, but some of us prefer to look at his first few years on a terrible roster. I guess “weapinz” only apply to crappy QB’s! 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

JD’s failure not getting this sorted out by now, one way or the other.

I usually enjoy your takes but the reality is that Q has shown mostly potential prior to last year. In hindsight would we want him to be paid prior to last offseason? Sure. It would certainly be less than what he will get now. However, if JD had given Q a long term, high end contract last off season, based on what he had shown to that point most people would be throwing a fit. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe D has never given out a huge contract.  Without a franchise qb on this team, it is better to trade Quinnen for picks which we can use to get that franchise qb.

Dont build your team backwards.

So I guess we will be trading Sauce and G. Wilson when their time is up to as we continue the 50 + year drought of not drafting a FQB? Why would anyone let Joe Douglas pick another QB in a draft? Why? What gas he done to make you think he could? Yeah, so, shut your trap. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So I guess we will be trading Sauce and G. Wilson when their time is up to as we continue the 50 + year drought of not drafting a FQB? Why would anyone let Joe Douglas pick another QB in a draft? Why? What gas he done to make you think he could? Yeah, so, shut your trap. 

blake shelton television GIF by The Voice

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This is comical 

The BEST player on the team and he’s still not paid, JD stay on clown time 

SMFH

Not saying a lot! What exactly is the rush? Playing on 5th year option & FT available. 

You guys want JD to cave to GB & QW's agent just for the sake of expediency. You probably wanted OBJ to get &18m guaranteed and Calais Campbell paid $10m just to accommodate your anxieties. This is not how contract negotiations work.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Not saying a lot! What exactly is the rush? Playing on 5th year option & FT available. 

You guys want JD to cave to GB & QW's agent just for the sake of expediency. You probably wanted OBJ to get &18m guaranteed and Calais Campbell paid $10m just to accommodate your anxieties. This is not how contract negotiations work.

No, we want  to show we take care of our own when they earn it, he’s the heart and soul of that D, we all saw what happen without him in there. If you don’t think this type of thing effects the locker room then ok,  I personally do. Hopefully it’s merely a function of the wait on Rodgers and Q’s agent and Douglas have discussed that. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Waiting for the Buffet Table restocking of all-you-can-eat shrimp is agony!

*Crab legs, but exactly! Especially when another patron is already holding the serving tongs, that shit pisses me off. Grabbing freshly boiled crab legs with my bare hands still stings a bit! 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I mean, wasnt that the line w/ Darnold and Adams? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

True. Sometimes they are culminated with a signing.

I’m trying to remember the last big second contract we gave to a player we drafted. I honestly can’t think of who it was, can you?

Was it Wilkerson or Richardson?

• Upvote 1