Rap: 49ers getting trade calls on Trey Lance

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Completely forgot Darnold was on the niners. Guess it's his show now. 

Well yeah he threw the ball to CM 900 times and nearly got him killed in Carolina why not do the same in SF Im sure Darnold unlike Zach can be a 5 yard QB

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

having trouble buying this story from Rappaport.

Other than just throwing sh_t out there - don't see the interest - hell at that point if a team is interested in a QB, just make the move and go get one of the prospects.   

Because he would only cost a 3rd or 4th round pick. Where as the others would cost a whole lot more. Probably something of interest to a team like Houston.

1 minute ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Tiki Barber saying this is bad news for the Jets as far as not getting Rodgers

Wouldn't it be good for us if anything? It'd be one less team that would even think about AR. 49ers aren't trading for AR. There's 0 report of that. It was 1 persons opinion who isn't credible. So there's 0 traction to that.

I also don't value the opinion of Barber... who couldn't even hold a football.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Wouldn't it be good for us if anything? It'd be one less team that would even think about AR. 49ers aren't trading for AR. There's 0 report of that. It was 1 persons opinion who isn't credible. So there's 0 traction to that.

I also don't value the opinion of Barber... who couldn't even hold a football.

Barber hates the jets.  And why would lance being traded have anything to do with the jets getting rodgers?  The 9ers have several qbs besides lance. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, the packers aren’t trading him to the 49ers or really any NFC team, for that matter 

A couple weeks ago, I’d have been 100% with you on this. If this goes past the draft though, and a win now team like SFcould get AR in ‘23 for ‘24 picks?

I think they would be interested in trying to do that. Wouldn’t you if you were them? (Especially with Purdy coming off surgery)

• Upvote 2

@Jets4Life1979 going into full meltdown mode this morning over the Trey Lance report is going to get me through what I thought would be an uneventful morning.
I played golf the past 3 days, and planned on just relaxing and watching the Mets this afternoon before playing a two day tournament Thursday and Friday.

Thank you Rap! Thank you Tiki!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

A couple weeks ago, I’d have been 100% with you on this. If this goes past the draft though, and a win now team like SFcould get AR in ‘23 for ‘24 picks?

I think they would be interested in trying to do that. Wouldn’t you if you were them? (Especially with Purdy coming off surgery)

First of all, because the packers very likely prefer to get a premium pick back in this year’s draft, my position remains that the deal gets done on or before draft day.

But even if it doesn’t, there is no evidence that Rodgers wants to play in SF or that the 49ers are interested in him. You bring up Purdy being hurt, but he’s been hurt since the NFC title game and they have been worried about him not being ready for the season for months now. And their big move was to bring in Sam Darnold   . . . On March 13. Why not contact the Packers and request permission to speak to Rodgers 5-6 weeks ago?  If they are interested, they sure are taking their sweet time. Rodgers isn’t someone you just trade for, you meet with him and kiss his ass first. 

the other obvious issue is that the packers would be hard-pressed to trade him to a conference (and historical playoff) rival. 

Like I said in the other thread, wake me up when the 49ers (or any other team, for that matter) actually meet with him. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

First of all, because the packers very likely prefer to get a premium pick back in this year’s draft, my position remains that the deal gets done on or before draft day.

But even if it doesn’t, there is no evidence that Rodgers wants to play in SF or that the 49ers are interested in him. You bring up Purdy being hurt, but he’s been hurt since the NFC title game and they have been worried about him not being ready for the season for months now. And their big move was to bring in Sam Darnold   . . . On March 13. Why not contact the Packers and request permission to speak to Rodgers 5-6 weeks ago?  If they are interested, they sure are taking their sweet time. Rodgers isn’t someone you just trade for, you meet with him and kiss his ass first. 

the other obvious issue is that the packers would be hard-pressed to trade him to a conference (and historical playoff) rival. 

Like I said in the other thread, wake me up when the 49ers (or any other team, for that matter) actually meet with him. 

Rodgers explicitly said he's not playing for the Niners. He also said he intends to play for the Jets. Good chance the deal is done on draft day. Better for us if it happens after though.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Rodgers explicitly said he's not playing for the Niners. He also said he intends to play for the Jets. Good chance the deal is done on draft day. Better for us if it happens after though.

People took that quote to be not serious, but even if it were tongue and cheek, there is usually some kernel of truth to the jokes we tell.