Make the effing deal already Joe!!!!

Enough is enough already......I cant take anymore Tiki barber 49ers logic, this has gone on long enough......what the **** is taking so god damn long?  Why is it always so hard for the Jets to get deals done? Cause were a god damn disgrace of a franchise....I cant even blame Joe beningno anymore because hes SO SPOT ON!!! Were a joke

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Nobody on this forum can tell me with confidence that Joe and Woody wont botch this deal....nobody

I can tell you with confidence that rushing to make the trade as fast as possible would have resulted in a botched trade. They’re playing the long game here. Whatever happens, it’s gonna be the best outcome that could happen, even if it does end up being bad.

8 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

The kick in the balls is coming Jet fans......Douglas is gonna botch this we all know it

If I was a mod I'd be so torn right now. 

- Merge this in the Aaron Rodgers thread palooza so we can ignore it.

-Merge this in the Joe Douglas is a BAD GM thread to praise it.

-Merge this in the Joe Douglas is a GOOD GM thread to mock it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Beyond making you feel better, can you tell us why the Jets need to do it now? OTAs start May 22nd, I believe. The jets aren’t seeing Rodgers before that, anyway. 

They need to do it before another team decides "hey maybe we should go after Rodgers and screw the Jets and whatever deal they have"

• More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Nobody on this forum can tell me with confidence that Joe and Woody wont botch this deal....nobody

Consider that the Jets spoke to Rodgers well over a month ago. To this date, no other NFL team has spoken to Rodgers. Without that key step, the jets remain the only game in town. 

The reason not to worry has nothing to do with Woody or Douglas, but rather, the fact that the packers have one viable option - trade him to the one team that wants him and that he has agreed to play for. 

I would be very worried if there were other teams involved, but there is no credible evidence that there are. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jets4Life1979 said:

They need to do it before another team decides "hey maybe we should go after Rodgers and screw the Jets and whatever deal they have"

Cool - wake me up when another team flies out to California to kiss the ring. 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If I was a mod I'd be so torn right now. 

- Merge this in the Aaron Rodgers thread palooza so we can ignore it.

-Merge this in the Joe Douglas is a BAD GM thread to praise it.

-Merge this in the Joe Douglas is a GOOD GM thread to mock it.

I'm merging it somewhere shortly.  Looking for the Hampur thread.  I know it was somewhere!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2