6 possible picks for the Jets at #13 OTHER than OL, WR, or QB

10 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

So now we are down to only 3 other players going before us, which could be something like

1. Peter Skoronski OL
  2. Bijon Robinson RB
  3. Another Offensive Lineman or the top WR

So, Paris Johnson & JSN fall within this #3 category?

I personally would trade out... but if Paris or Van Ness are there... I'd select one of these 2.

• Upvote 3

JD has been burned in back-to-back years rolling the dice on OL.  In 2021 he bet on the fossil formerly known as Ryan Kalil, and last year he bet on Becton.  With Brown turning 38, no starting C signed, Tomlinson being Tomlinson, and with Rodgers coming, it would take some big cohones to triple down and select anything but OL in Rd 1 (altho I do think a trade down for extra picks is quite possible)

I think a DT like Kancey is a good possibility.   They want to attack and thats what he is good at.   Its also a hole in our defense currently so he would start.  

If we draft a TE to start, what do we do with the 3 we already have?   A WR adds depth but is he going to start over Lazard and Davis and Hardman?  Most dont do as well as Wilson did in their first year.

Offensive tackle is a need for next year possibly, with Brown s contract ending.   But do we need one to start this year with Brown Becton, Obajablahblah, last yrs rookie and possibly AVT ?

Center would be in play if they traded back.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I think a DT like Kancey is a good possibility.   They want to attack and thats what he is good at.   Its also a hole in our defense currently so he would start.  

If we draft a TE to start, what do we do with the 3 we already have?   A WR adds depth but is he going to start over Lazard and Davis and Hardman?  Most do as well as Wilson did in their first year.

Offensive tackle is a need for next year possibly, with Brown s contract ending.   But do we need one to start this year with Brown Becton, Obajablahblah, last yrs rookie and possibly AVT ?

Center would be in play if they traded back.

I'm not a college guy but isn't Kancey on the small side (similar to JFM)?  Seems they need more help with interior run defense.  Although agree there have to replace Rankins, Shepherd, etc.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm not a college guy but isn't Kancey on the small side (similar to JFM)?  Seems they need more help with interior run defense.  Although agree there have to replace Rankins, Shepherd, etc.

Kancey weighs low 280s   But supposedly is perfect for our “shoot the gap” rather than engage the blocker defense.  Very disruptive.   Id guess he d put on some weight in an NFL program.   

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

1.  Would totally hate

2. I'd be dangling by a rope from the nearest bridge kind of hate.

3. Would hate

4. Would hate

5. Would greatly dislike.

6. Would hate but not quite as much as my other hates.

Listen, you can hate the picks all you want but if they hit its hard to argue against any one of them. If any of these guys end up being absolute studs, even a CB, I don't know how you can hate the pick. 

Or, I mean, you can be like that 1% who still hate the Quinnen Williams pick?

2 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Listen, you can hate the picks all you want but if they hit its hard to argue against any one of them. If any of these guys end up being absolute studs, even a CB, I don't know how you can hate the pick. 

Or, I mean, you can be like that 1% who still hate the Quinnen Williams pick?

We traded up in the first round last year for a pass rusher and he played like 35-40% of the D snaps

If we pick van ness or smith or murphy  they will get limited snaps, on top of that if they get a few more snaps it means less for Jermaine Johnson.

Kancy will have the same fate like 50% of the snaps.

Porter would be behind sauce and reed.

The TE?  Well I like and think we need a weapon TE but I am not sure you get him at 13.

None of these players are bad (other than nolan smith), they just are not right for this team and their needs imo.

• Upvote 1