Can you guess which team is the worst at drafting since 2012?

slats

I am not sure the methodology used, but what makes it even worse for us is the amount of draft capital we have had in these 11 years.  8 top 10 picks in 11 years.   And until QW in 19 and then Sauce and GW last year we whiffed on pretty much all of them. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Pats?

Scumbags

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

That was my guess too ?

It’s pretty wild how much Brady covered up their poor drafting, particularly on offense. Rhamondre looks like a hit but before that their last successful skill players were Gronk and Edelman (and Hernandez, god rest his awful soul). 

I’m big into dynasty fantasy football and the Pats are one of the worst landing spots for skill players because of their drafting track record and lack of development. 

• Upvote 2

One more disgusting set of facts to swallow (we have swallowed) :(  I think JD is pretty good but even if you think he is merely average he's a HUGE step up for us.   

ps:  has anyone seen the newest Netflix series "Diplomat".  Apparently being the American Ambassador in London might  unlock your potential (if you have any).  The plot is total fiction of course but perhaps Woody did benefit from his stint there.    

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

9 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

They’re actually #7. At least on the list. Jets are clear deserving of the worse 10 year period of any team at any time. 

When you don’t make the playoffs, not once during that same QW year period it’s pretty obvious where you’ve sucked it up most.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Sauce was a great pick and seemingly amazing young man on every level. Garret Wilson is likely an alien @bitonti? How the hell does he win OROY with Zach Wilson, QB formerly known as Joe Flacco and Mike “oops they hurt him again” White tossing him the ball? That sh*t is just weird! 

I agree his draft last year of Sauce & Garret Wilson were his best, but unfortunately since 2012 our different GM’s have had many more misses than hits like Sauce & Garret Wilson.

• Upvote 1

I am not sure the methodology used, but what makes it even worse for us is the amount of draft capital we have had in these 11 years.  8 top 10 picks in 11 years.   And until QW in 19 and then Sauce and GW last year we whiffed on pretty much all of them. 
And yet there are idiots not wanting to extend JD

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

I agree his draft last year of Sauce & Garret Wilson were his best, but unfortunately since 2012 our different GM’s have had many more misses than hits like Sauce & Garret Wilson.

You mean passing on the potential GOAT QB for  a box safety was a bad idea? Oh yeah we already had Hacke… hell, I can’t even finish typing  that. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

and there are people on here who want to get rid of the guy who just drafted the offensive and defensive rookie of the year.

Not to mention the depth we have from the good draft in 2021.  Imagine if Zach Wilson would have worked out.  

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Another thing to add to just poor picks is number of picks, I did a chart a while back for number of picks per team for like the last 21 years and jets wee near the bottom.  We very rarely get comp picks and over time that makes a big difference. 

Yup.  And the teams that do not get comp picks are generally the ones signing FAs.  Whiff on draft picks and you have to find players elsewhere.  And bad teams often need to overpay to sign guys.  Nobody is taking a discount to sign with the Jets, but teams like the Chiefs, Bills, Eagles can sometimes find guys willing to take a discount to play for a winner.

And then, after overpaying in FA, if we whiff on a top pick, it is more costly to us than other teams picking later in the round.  High picks are great, unless you whiff on the pick.  Zach Wilson for example is costing us $20M guaranteed over the next two seasons.  The Pats only have $9.2M tied up in Mac Jones for 23 and 24.  Sam Darnold was a 3-year $25M whiff.  Had he been picked in the middle of the round, he would have cost less than half that.

Hopefully it is beginning to turn after a great 22 draft.

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You mean passing on the potential GOAT QB for  a box safety was a bad idea? Oh yeah we already had Hacke… hell, I can’t even finish typing  that. 

What makes that whole draft even worse is the fact that he then DOUBLES down on Safety and passes on Dalvin Cook.

Imagine if the draft went Patrick Mahomes, Dalvin Cook, then drafted Chris Godwin instead of the all-pro Ardarious Stewart?  How about drafting Chad Hansen over George Kittle?  I was all for giving MM 5 years, but holy crap, when you look at his drafts . . . is it ANY wonder this team has been so bad for the past decade?  The depletion of talent because of drafting so poorly, and the money you have to throw at players in free agency (who are NOT worth their contracts).  I mean, it SHOULDN'T be hard to figure out why we have sucked for so long.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Paradis said:

the jets by million. I'm sure of this without clicking play. I've lived it. 

I say this with all sincerity.  Outside of last year, I could have drafted better for the Jets through the years.  Not the year they got Revis, and not the year they picked D'Brick and Mangold, but most other years, absolutely yes!

For instance, when Dan Marino fell to the Jets, I was jumping up and down for joy.  When they picked Ken O'brien instead, it was at that moment that I realized I could do a better job of drafting than the Jets.

• Upvote 2

Jesus....I had to do it.  When you go back and look at that 2016 draft, it is inconceivable how bad that Christian Hackenburg pick was.  Between picking him and our next pick in round three (a good one in Jordan Jenkins), here are the players that were on the board:

Deion Jones

Su'a Cravens

Tyler Boyd

Cody Whitehair

Vonn Bell

James Bradberry

Adam Gotsis

Kevin Byard

Carl Nassib

Yannick Ngakoue

Kenyan Drake

Joe Thuney

Isaac Seumalo

Austin Hooper

I mean, any one of those players helps us.  But we took a borderline 5-6th round project with the 51st overall pick.  Good times.  

13 hours ago, slats said:

Imagine where they would be if they didn't nail the 2022 draft.  Remember, 2 of those negative drafts were made by Joe Douglas and remember, he had the most free agent money available of any team, the year he started.

Has he grown into a solid GM or was it the blind squirrel routine.  After 10 year of complete incompetence, let's hope he finally has built a winning organization.  As of today, he hasn't closed the Aaron Rodgers deal.  We don't know what it will cost if he does.  We still have O-line issues despite an incredible amount of  assets spent there in the last 3 years.  We haven't seen how he follows up last years strong draft.

I hope they have turned it around.  It's been tough being a Jets fan for what seems like forever.  That is why we need to bet the entire future of our young core on a 39 year old QB, if we can get it done.