Odds on who the Jets will pick at #15 (Just completely pulled out of my rear end just now)

1 Broderick Jones, OL, UGA 4.5 -1
2 Darnell Wright, OL, Tennessee 6 -1
3 Calijah Kancey, DL, Pitt 8 -1
4 Myles Murphy, Edge, Clemson 9 -1
5 Brian Branch, DB, Alabama 12 -1
6 Joey Porter, Jr, CB,  Penn St. 13 -1
7 Any Other Offensive Lineman 17 -1
8 Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah 18 -1
9 Bijon Robinson, RB, Texas 19 -1
10 Any Wide Receiver 21 -1
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

They expected one of Johnson or Jones to be there at 13 so my biggest question is whether they finalized this trade with the pick swap having confidence the Packers won’t take a tackle. Same is the issue with NE and you worry about the potential for someone to trade up to that #14 spot. 

All considering they have them rated fairly closely but having a tough time understanding what they would do if the top 3 or even 4 OTs were off the board. I see some Kancey speculation, but I think that would become more likely via trade down. If something like that unfolds and JSN is still available, the Giants at 25 would be a team to watch out for. Selecting Kancey at 25 would become much more realistic. I’m still projecting they stay put and take a T. 

In round 2 the pocket of players seems to be DE Ojulari, DT Benton, DT Smith, DL Adebawore, OL Tippmann, OL Schmitz, OL Mauch. Benton became a lot more realistic with McGovern re-signing, but still wouldn’t rule out an interior OL there. Could also trade down a few spots to try and pick up another Day 3 pick. 

Round 4 feels like they’ll target a front 7 player on defense. Overshown is a player they really like. DE Fehoko they really like as well, but not sure whether this would be a little early. Could also see them take a developmental OL like Wypler or Stromberg here or even in round 5. TE also a possibility of one falls. 

• Upvote 3

One of the talking head on tv this week i forget which as talking up Darnell wright big time, they acknowledge that he was a RT but said he was really better than what people were ranking him at.

The Pats should be a legit risk to take an OT as well to be honest but you never know what bizarre thin belli will do.

I honestly think you might see the Jets trade down and try and recoup that 1st for next year and perhaps a 3rd or 4th this year.  

There would be some GOOD WR who might be there, and there of course are the '2nd tier' OT's as well as centers.  We shall see in a few days. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

If something like that unfolds and JSN is still available, the Giants at 25 would be a team to watch out for. Selecting Kancey at 25 would become much more realistic. I’m still projecting they stay put and take a T. 

I’d still keep an eye on Washington for Qb or Pitt for CB

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

4-1 TRADE back. Recoup picks. We are losing lots of draft capitol this and next year.  We have the vets  to get through next  year in Brown and McGovern.The OL is set and can be fortified with some picks in round 2 (Schmitd) and round 3 (Freeland).   Briown, Lake, McGovvern, AVT, Becton . We have some depth and a few rooks to develop and we're good to go. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Jones is the OL I want the most. To me, he is the purest LT out there. Athletic, great pass pro. Not a road grader, but this system isn't premised on road graders, necessarily. But him at LT and, if healthy, Becton or Mitchell at RT makes the bookends very strong.

Duane Brown is starting as LT. make no mistake.

4 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I no we probably wouldn’t draft another cb and it might be a little high for him but I would love Joey porter jr. I think kid can ball. Would also love a WR there but not sure there’s one worth taking at 15. 

out of the players u posted above I think kancey has the best chance  to be the pick.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, David Harris said:

Bucky Brooks absolutely loves Darnell right, but then Daniel Jeremiah does not think he’s a good fit for our offense.

If he’s big and athletic take him.  We can’t be picky this year. The time is now.

Read the bears really love wright. I think they take the first OL

• Upvote 2