I'd imagine Zach is done as a Jet

AFJF

If Rodgers really is going to play two seasons, that means the Jets don't pick up Zach's fifth-year option or they agree to pay him over $20 million to ride the pine in year five.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I think a large part of the Jets going after Rodgers and Rodgers only is Wilson. I firmly believe that their plan/hope is that Wilson will accept the apprenticeship under Rodgers (his idol and friend), learn for 2 years and becomes the heir apprent in 2025.

So their plan is to pay him $20 million to sit?  For a guy who can't complete a screen pass?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

They’re both 6’2, 215 with plus arm talent, plus athleticism, and a penchant for gunslinging. 

On top of that, Rodgers has been complimenting Zach ever since their first pre-season scrimmage practices. 
Zach needs to sit on a bench and watch and learn how a HoF QB plays in the NFL.

This trade is as much about going all in on the now, as it is hoping to achieve long-term success with Roger’s successor.

Some people deserved to be hurt again and again 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If Rodgers really is going to play two seasons, that means the Jets don't pick up Zach's fifth-year option or they agree to pay him over $20 million to ride the pine in year five.

Rodgers is the starter but that doesnt mean that Wilson wont be evaluated during practice and wont get chances to play if theres a blow out or a Rodgers injury.  Id think the Jets will have a better handle on Wilson by the time they have to decide on his 5th year option.   Mahomes didnt play his first year but the Chiefs knew he was ready after his first year.   Hopefully getting Rodgers gives Wilson a chance to sit and learn from a legend and better prepare for his next chance 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Trade him for some donuts and sign Bridgewater as the backup. Draft Jake Haener rd 4 

We are now in all-in mode. Need a backup who doesn’t smell like a diaper left in the trash can next to the public beach access in July.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

So their plan is to pay him $20 million to sit?  For a guy who can't complete a screen pass?

How much you think it would cost them to go out and get another backup QB? With the way QB salaries and the cap are going up, paying Wilson 10 million per for the next 2 for a chance at a relatively cheap stater in 2025 is worth it. JD is trying to play chess here and look 2 moves ahead.

Just saying I believe this was JD's plan going into the pursuit of Rodgers. Not saying it's gonna work. If Wilson doesn't make progress in the 2 years, they cut bait and start again looking for the heir to Rodgers. But that's not what the hierarchy is betting on.

I think this is the best thing that could’ve happened to him TBH. Zach needs to take a step back, learn the game better, and pretty much be forgotten about before he gets his next shot (if ever).

Apparently Rodgers was his idol coming up as a QB and by all accounts, Zach is a tireless worker. Maybe he learns a thing or 100 from AR8 and can become something. I doubt it, but it’s probably his best shot at this point unfortunately

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If Zach looks good behind the scenes, in the preseason and hackett vouches for him, then they will exercise his 5th year snd he will get one year to prove he is the long term guy.

If he doesnt improve at all behind the scenes over the next 2 years, we will let him walk after year 4.

Not that complicated.

Couldn't be more wrong

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

I think this is the best thing that could’ve happened to him TBH. Zach needs to take a step back, learn the game better, and pretty much be forgotten about before he gets his next shot (if ever).

Apparently Rodgers was his idol coming up as a QB and by all accounts, Zach is a tireless worker. Maybe he learns a thing or 100 from AR8 and can become something. I doubt it, but it’s probably his best shot at this point unfortunately

He shouldn’t be the #2 in a Super Bowl or bust year. Should be inactive.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Don't hold your breath.  They might sit Wilson for a year and see if he learns anything sitting behind a HOF QB.  

TO BE CLEAR: This isn't what I would be hoping for!

9 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Unfortunately working with and under Rogers isn't going to give him the heart needed to withstand the pass rush. Rogers cant give the boy courage. He will sit, learn, watch, absorb and grow.............none of that will give him courage. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952kmrez3oxeym9w0tovk7

Agree. He needs to grow up and grow a pair in the next 2 years.