Jet's Fandom Forever Negative?

42 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Why do fans love to live in the negative...

Rodgers is the QB...

Zach is fine as a back up (Do they pick up his option), who knows... He was fine in year one... not great.... last year he regressed... can he improve enough to be better then year 1 ... seams reasonable but he is a competent QB who actually won games with the Jets, he can serve as a decent backup

Jets have 2 OROY players and 1 DROY ...

Aaron's favorite target from GB last year... (Lazard)

His WRs are Wilson, Lazard, Davis, Hardman, Mims, and Charles right now... far from complete but certainly high end talent.

His RB is like his Ahmad Green... different era but gotta love the thought of him breaking away... Carter (who also had a year 2 slump) Maybe he could find his holes again with less in the box ... and Bam Knight super talented RB

OL should be adequate for a guy in Rodgers talent level... AVT was awesome last year and the OL will improve after the draft and round 2 of FA.

Defense was top tier last year and Joyner is addition by subtraction and Clark is actually good... and if they don't sign Kwon maybe there is others instead plus Sherwood was good at times he was in there... They need a 'big fatty' in the middle as Bart Scott says.

a lot of good edge rushers still on the market...

FA is not done... Round 2 is coming

Draft will be still fun with the 15th and 43 pick...

Rodgers is the QB... Last time the Jets QB threw 20+ TDS was Fitz Magic in 2015.... Remember how fun that season was despite them not making it.

Do you think Rodgers will Throw more then that season?

Hall was dominating games... How do you think that will improve with other teams afraid of the WRs, If not top tier its still a large group of above average WRs... With a potential Superstar.

Hackett is an experienced play caller and has coached played this offense for many years and knows a lot of the ins and outs... Do you think that will be better or worse then MLF?

The Defense is headed into year 3 of the same scheme with mostly the same players that were top 5 unit in the league... Sure there might be some loses but there might be some gains too... but continuity matters some... maybe not alot but it certainly helps...

Jets lost many games last year where the offense couldn't find an open WR ... If you think they can score more then 20 points a game then can win any game... The defense showed they were that good...

Thats my rant... anyway...

Jets have a lot of potential... This will be fun no matter what happens...

Stopped reading when you said Zach Wilson is a competent qb. Lol. Whut? 

if he was competent jets wouldn’t be trading for ARod.

Im happy ARod is here but JD definitely overpaid. If he retires after this season we have no first rounder next year and have like 50 mill in dead cap. It’s Super Bowl or bust for the jets. And I’m not so sold on the roster as some of you are. Jets aren’t even the favorite to win the division

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 3

6 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Stopped reading when you said Zach Wilson is a competent qb. Lol. Whut? 

if he was competent jets wouldn’t be trading for ARod.

Im happy ARod is here but JD definitely overpaid. If he retires after this season we have no first rounder next year and have like 50 mill in dead cap. It’s Super Bowl or bust for the jets. And I’m not so sold on the roster as some of you are. Jets aren’t even the favorite to win the division

He was competent in year 1... Right? So much so that there was excitement for year 2... Last year he struggled with a difficult offensive system... It happens... Now he has an OC... can he be better then year 1, as a backup and no pressure? I think so.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

He was competent in year 1... Right? So much so that there was excitement for year 2... Last year he struggled with a difficult offensive system... It happens... Now he has an OC... can he be better then year 1, as a backup and no pressure? I think so.

He sucked ball sack his rookie year. And got even worse last year. Not sure what your talking about

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

Jets fans brains are broken....there's no other excuse for thinking Zippy throwing ball 10 feet over guys head is awesome and thinking Derek Carr is elite.

The problem is that Rodgers isn’t really elite anymore either.  I looked at the first 10 rankings that come up on google for top 2022 qbs.  Rodgers highest ranking is 8th and he averages somewhere around 12-15.  That isn’t elite, its average.  

• Thumb Down 3
  • More Ugh 3

6 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

In what world is 2300 yards passing and throwing more interceptions than touchdowns a competent rookie season? Zach was terrible as a rookie. I had 0 excitement going into year 2 of the Zach Wilson experiment.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

10 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

The problem is that Rodgers isn’t really elite anymore either.  I looked at the first 10 rankings that come up on google for top 2022 qbs.  Rodgers highest ranking is 8th and he averages somewhere around 12-15.  That isn’t elite, its average.  

Who cares... can he throw more then 20 TDs?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Maybe it doesn’t to you.  It does to some of us.  

Why the team is good and will now be better... that is all.. you cannot argue that the team is worse with Aaron Rodgers versus last year... Let alone getting Hall and AVT back...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Why the team is good and will now be better... that is all.. you cannot argue that the team is worse with Aaron Rodgers versus last year... Let alone getting Hall and AVT back...

The team can get better in lots of ways.  It doesn’t mean its a good use of resources, either short term or long term.  If Rodgers stays for 3-4 years, and the Jets win a Super Bowl, its a success.  Otherwise, its not.  

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

The team can get better in lots of ways.  It doesn’t mean its a good use of resources, either short term or long term.  If Rodgers stays for 3-4 years, and the Jets win a Super Bowl, its a success.  Otherwise, its not.  

Right but tell me why not try with the talent they drafted., why wait... They have a better offense then last year... and even if the defense is not as good as last year... They aren't going to be last... So they are going to be better.

• Upvote 1

For a team that has been trash for most of 50 years fans should be 'skeptical'.

You have to and should earn praise not be handed it.  If Rodgers comes in and plays great the jets deserve praise, but they simply have earned nothing.

Every single year one can make thread like this blasting people for being miserable and then the jets more often than not fall flat on their asses.

No, do something tangible first and then get the praise.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Beerfish said:

For a team that has been trash for most of 50 years fans should be 'skeptical'.

You have to and should earn praise not be handed it.  If Rodgers comes in and plays great the jets deserve praise, but they simply have earned nothing.

Every single year one can make thread like this blasting people for being miserable and then the jets more often than not fall flat on their asses.

No, do something tangible first and then get the praise.

Fine you don't need to praise him ... but you also don't need to be negative and trash it... Its a positive move

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

That joke was already made... haha so funny... He is a backup not a starter

Yes, on that point we agree.  It's the part where you say that him being the backup "is fine" that you lose me.   And are you being serious when you say you think I'm joking about that?

Edited by AFJF

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

But it wasn't a joke.  At all.  It's 100% serious.

Got it... nit pick one detail you don't like and pick on it no matter how much of the whole rest is true... You can disagree with this part all you want but the Jets are undeniably better... Making ZW QB2 versus QB1 is a positive move.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Got it... nit pick one detail you don't like and pick on it no matter how much of the whole rest is true... You can disagree with this part all you want but the Jets are undeniably better... Making ZW QB2 versus QB1 is a positive move.

But that wasn't the point I disputed.  I disputed the fact that it's fine that he's QB2.  

The reason why it's not fine is because the Jets are apparently all in on a Super Bowl run this season.  If Rodgers misses a game that the Jets have to win, their QB2 can't complete a screen pass.

That, in my opinion, is not "fine".

• More Ugh 2

21 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yes, on that point we agree.  It's the part where you say that him being the backup "is fine" that you lose me.   And are you being serious when you say you think I'm joking about that?

The chiefs just signed blaine Gabbert to be their backup qb this year. No one cares, because he's a back up qb. Only jets fans obsess over back up QBs as if other teams are hoarding 2/3 starting caliber QBs on their roster. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The chiefs just signed blaine Gabbert to be their backup qb this year. No one cares, because he's a back up qb. Only jets fans obsess over back up QBs as if other teams are hoarding 2/3 starting caliber QBs on their roster. 

Blaine Gabbert is infinitely better than Zach Wilson.  And don't be surprised if the Chiefs snag another QB before the season starts which would give them two backup QB's who are better than Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1