Zach’s mom reacts to Rodgers trade

1 minute ago, Pac said:

If Zip is going to become anything this is the absolute perfect scenario for him the next 2 years.  I'm optimistic he can turn it around. 

Let’s say Rodgers plays here 2 years, at that point Zach will be due for a contract. Maybe Jets give him a Sam Darnold type of contract 1 year prove it deal to be their starter? ( 1 year $4m)? They obviously won’t be picking up his 5th year option 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

If Zip is going to become anything this is the absolute perfect scenario for him the next 2 years.  I'm optimistic he can turn it around. 

Optimistic is way too charitable.  I'd say it goes from 7% to 17% at most.  

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Let’s say Rodgers plays here 2 years, at that point Zach will be due for a contract. Maybe Jets give him a Sam Darnold type of contract 1 year prove it deal to be their starter? ( 1 year $4m)? They obviously won’t be picking up his 5th year option 

Depending on how he looks in practice I don't think it's crazy to pick up the 5th year option.  Way too early for that speculation though. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

I hope he's not QB2. Mostly for the Jets' sake if Rodgers misses limited time but also for him. He needs a redshirt year.

I have to ask where your optimism comes from, though. QB turnarounds are extremely rare with the recent cases nowhere near as bad as Zach their first two years.

PS: Let's get another mafia game going!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I hope he's not QB2. Mostly for the Jets' sake if Rodgers misses limited time but also for him. He needs a redshirt year.

I have to ask where your optimism comes from, though. QB turnarounds are extremely rare with the recent cases nowhere near as bad as Zach their first two years.

PS: Let's get another mafia game going!

The one think we have going for us is a failed number 2 pick has never had to sit behind a newly acquired hall-of-famer in his third year.  

We set the precedent here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I think this concept of "Aaron Rodgers will help Wilson's development!" Is kind of hilarious.  I can see ARod walking off the field to Zach saying, "See, bro! Just drop back, step up in the pocket and rip it 45 yards on a dime and make a perfect throw to the covered guy. Too easy, man!". 

?

The most important guy in Zach's future isn't Rodgers.  It's Hackett...

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

good attitude to have. it would have been really easy to be butt hurt over the whole thing. I'd go so far as to say most would be.

Yup. He also got booed off the field by the fans. They have every reason to have a bad attitude about this whole situation. Glad he and his family see the potential benefits.

54 minutes ago, Pac said:

His issues are mental.  He doesn't seem to be a bad person and he didn't forget how to complete swing passes.  2 years of maturation, a good shrink, a coach like Hackett, and being out of the spotlight are exactly what he needs.  I just have a hunch he'll turn it around and I'm usually right about most things. 

Uh Huh Sure GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

His issues are mental.  He doesn't seem to be a bad person and he didn't forget how to complete swing passes.  2 years of maturation, a good shrink, a coach like Hackett, and being out of the spotlight are exactly what he needs.  I just have a hunch he'll turn it around and I'm usually right about most things. 

Hey, guess what, all first round QBs that fail isn't because of physical talent.

• Upvote 2