Zach’s mom reacts to Rodgers trade

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Did he scramble backwards instead of running forwards many times. But it was to make a play not because he was afraid of a pass rush. Zach has good legs and he he ran into the line or sidelines and gained yardage too. It’s an error in his game he should be able to fix. 

I hope you’re the Panthers GM in 2025 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Did he scramble backwards instead of running forwards many times. But it was to make a play not because he was afraid of a pass rush. Zach has good legs and he he ran into the line or sidelines and gained yardage too. It’s an error in his game he should be able to fix. 

Uh, no.  Even his supporters were quick to tell us how often he was “running for his life out there” even when the pass protection wasn’t all that bad.  He clearly played scared.  Just like he did in big games in college the rare time he had to face a pass rush.  

7 hours ago, Pac said:

His issues are mental.  He doesn't seem to be a bad person and he didn't forget how to complete swing passes.  2 years of maturation, a good shrink, a coach like Hackett, and being out of the spotlight are exactly what he needs.  I just have a hunch he'll turn it around and I'm usually right about most things. 

Your not a bad person, you just need a knife hand to the Adams Apple and you will be fine. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Uh, no.  Even his supporters were quick to tell us how often he was “running for his life out there” even when the pass protection wasn’t all that bad.  He clearly played scared.  Just like he did in big games in college the rare time he had to face a pass rush.  

Or the rare time he had a big game. I swear, that offseaon everyone let a scripted pro-day make them forget he played at friggin' BYU. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Let’s say Rodgers plays here 2 years, at that point Zach will be due for a contract. Maybe Jets give him a Sam Darnold type of contract 1 year prove it deal to be their starter? ( 1 year $4m)? They obviously won’t be picking up his 5th year option 

He wouldn't take 4mm, I think one of three things happens:

1. Zach looks good the next two years in the chances he has to play and the Jets pick up his 5th year option.

2. Zach looks good the next two years in the chances he has to play and the Jets sign him to a contract that they can walk away from after two years.

3. Zach doesn't look good this year and he is out of the picture all together when Aaron retires.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

IMG_7931.MOV 23.55 MB · 2 downloads  

Unsolicited mention by Rodgers after name dropping Hack, Saleh and Douglas —explaining the thought process among the brain trust all along — but people still think that Zach’s not part of the long-term equation ?

As has been the case since the offseason began, the Jets think Zach still has the ability to become a franchise QB. The reason why the Wilson’s are excited is because they understand this to be a rare situation where Zach can actually rehabilitate himself on the same team (usually draft busts are kicked to the curb) while also learning behind his idol, now mentor/teammate, in Rodgers. By far the best situation for Zach and the Jets 

Players will love Joe D. when they start to realize he will have your back as a player, as long as you try your hardest and keep your mouth shut.

JA didn't understand that, EM didn't either. Zach's been putting the work in, and he got screwed because he wasn't given time to develop in season 1. He's not a Trevor Lawrence coming out of a big school, in a College Conference that's better than many of the NFL divisions.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

He wouldn't take 4mm, I think one of three things happens:

1. Zach looks good the next two years in the chances he has to play and the Jets pick up his 5th year option.

2. Zach looks good the next two years in the chances he has to play and the Jets sign him to a contract that they can walk away from after two years.

3. Zach doesn't look good this year and he is out of the picture all together when Aaron retires.

4. Zach looks good in Pre-season and in games he plays in and JD flips him for some Draft capital for '24 or '25.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

4. Zach looks good in Pre-season and in games he plays in and JD flips him for some Draft capital for '24 or '25.

If that is an option they will need to get a better backup in here first. Your # 4 is possible but I think they are sticking with Zach.  Unless Aaron told them he could play three years.

• Upvote 1