Of these 20 Potential Picks at #15, which would you be VERY HAPPY with?

20 Potential Picks at #15  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Of these 10 Offensive Players, I would be very happy with.........(check all that apply)

• Bijan Robinson TEXAS RB
    • Jaxon Smith-Njigba OHIO STATE WR
    • Zay Flowers BOSTON COLLEGE WR
    • Quentin Johnston TCU WR
    • Jordan Addison USC WR
    • Dalton Kincaid UTAH TE
    • Darnell Wright TENNESSEE OL
    • Broderick Jones GEORGIA OL
    • Peter Skoronski NORTHWESTERN OL
    • Paris Johnson Jr. OHIO STATE OL
  2. 2. Of these 10 Defensive Players, I would be very happy with.........(check all that apply)

• Mazi Smith MICHIGAN DT
    • Calijah Kancey PITTSBURGH DT
    • Lukas Van Ness IOWA DL
    • Myles Murphy CLEMSON EDGE
    • Nolan Smith GEORGIA EDGE
    • Brian Branch ALABAMA S
    • Emmanuel Forbes MISSISSIPPI STATE CB
    • Joey Porter Jr. PENN STATE CB
    • Devon Witherspoon ILLINOIS CB
    • Christian Gonzalez OREGON CB

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Won't let me vote becasue i do not want any of the defensive players and refuse to vote for any of them.

@Maxman  Can you get this bug fixed?  If there are more than 1 poll questions, you have to vote in them all.  (e.g. If there are 2 questions, you can't vote in 1 and not vote in the other)

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

There actually are some nice rbs later in the draft that can be an upgrade over what we have behind Breece Hall.

I have to admit I was very disappointed in how our back played after breece went down,

I just think Robinson and Gibbs are elite playmakers

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@Maxman  Can you get this bug fixed?  If there are more than 1 poll questions, you have to vote in them all.  (e.g. If there are 2 questions, you can't vote in 1 and not vote in the other)

I don't think it is a bug, I think that is how they made it work. We are doing a big upgrade after the draft, we can see if the options change then. Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Now that we signed Rodgers we need to keep him upright. So either Jones or Johnson will be on my wish list.  Skoronski may be a way better guard than tackle. So he would be my third choice. His arms are more for a guard than a left tackle.  

We just have to hope that one of those guys is still there at 15, which may or may not happen.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We just have to hope that one of those guys is still there at 15, which may or may not happen.

There are some other really good OT in this draft. So would they go that route at 15 or trade down and get one of them later in the first round. That is what I would do and pick up maybe the 2nd round pick you lost. 3 offensive tackles I like after these big 3 are Darnell Wright, Jaelyn Duncan and Cody Mauch.  Now if you want that big right tackle Dawand Jones of Ohio St. is a monster.     

• Upvote 1

Does Kancey really seem like a fit for us?  He's pretty undersized.  I think if Quinnen was more of a beef mcgee I'd be open to it, I just don't want teams to be able to run at will up the middle against us.  IMO guys like Smith and Benton in the 2nd would seem like better fits, but that's just me.  

I do love the idea of trading down, taking Wright(if he's still there) or Torrence(if we're fine with starting AVT at RT), picking up another 2nd in the process, and then using both our 2nds to add even more talent to this defense.  A DT would be a must, and then the best available LB or FS.  Walk away with an improved/nearly solidified OL and two starters on defense. 

Imagine walking away with:

1(late 1st):  Darnell Wright, OT - Tennessee

2(43):  Keanu Benton, DT - Louisville

2(late 2nd):  Daiyan Henley, LB - Washington St

I'd be ecstatic.  Not to mention if we manage to recoup a 2nd in 2024 as well from our trade down.  I'd imagine a team like Cinci will be pretty desperate to move up to grab one of the elite TEs, be it Kincaid or Meyer.  I think chances are one of them will be there at 15.  If they're willing to pay a 2nd this year and a 2nd next, I'd move down to 28 in a heartbeat.  Even if Wright is gone by then, you've still got some solid options.  Harrison, Torrence, Mauch, Steen.  Dudes who should be able to step in and play from day one, be it at OT or OG.  Having AVT adds us a bit of flexibility with this pick.  

• Upvote 2

You've got Rodgers and he's got weapons to work with.  OL has been the Devil for this team these past few years.  Hopefully Jets go OL. 

If available...or moving up via trade...in order of preference...

Peter Skoronski

Paris Johnson, Jr

Broderick Jones

Hope we go for OL.  But if not...then...

Calijah Kancey

Brian Branch

40 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Does Kancey really seem like a fit for us?  He's pretty undersized.  I think if Quinnen was more of a beef mcgee I'd be open to it, I just don't want teams to be able to run at will up the middle against us.  IMO guys like Smith and Benton in the 2nd would seem like better fits, but that's just me.  

I do love the idea of trading down, taking Wright(if he's still there) or Torrence(if we're fine with starting AVT at RT), picking up another 2nd in the process, and then using both our 2nds to add even more talent to this defense.  A DT would be a must, and then the best available LB or FS.  Walk away with an improved/nearly solidified OL and two starters on defense. 

Imagine walking away with:

1(late 1st):  Darnell Wright, OT - Tennessee

2(43):  Keanu Benton, DT - Louisville

2(late 2nd):  Daiyan Henley, LB - Washington St

I'd be ecstatic.  Not to mention if we manage to recoup a 2nd in 2024 as well from our trade down.  I'd imagine a team like Cinci will be pretty desperate to move up to grab one of the elite TEs, be it Kincaid or Meyer.  I think chances are one of them will be there at 15.  If they're willing to pay a 2nd this year and a 2nd next, I'd move down to 28 in a heartbeat.  Even if Wright is gone by then, you've still got some solid options.  Harrison, Torrence, Mauch, Steen.  Dudes who should be able to step in and play from day one, be it at OT or OG.  Having AVT adds us a bit of flexibility with this pick.  

We’d need a player on the board somebody would want to trade up for tho. Maybe if a QB falls?

Pretty sad group of defensive players that are likely available for us. So have to imagine we go offense. Also think it could only help wanting to get Rodgers in voluntary camps and such if we go offense heavy in the draft.

After all on defense do we really need anything besides rotational pieces at DT, LB and S?