Yall Will Love This Trash - "Rodgers Washed Up and Overrated" per Scott Mitchell (LOL)

Some of the points are pretty well correct.  I mean I hate to say it but some are totally valid until Rodgers and the jets change that narrative.

I have no doubt mentally and motivation wise and throwing wise he will be good but injuries are a legit concern for a guy who is 40.  And the point about no superbowls at green bay is also a legit point.  It's been like 13 years since they won and the packers have had some damn good teams in that time.

Also 12% is far better than 0.0% which is what are chances were before upgrading QB.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

"Aaron Rodgers may be overrated and washed up," Mitchell said. "He’s going to get washed up with the Jets."

I tend to agree but no one wants to hear it 

it's party time around here

as usual

real life is for October 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Of course you do Bit.

I'll be honest old friend, I don't think there was any move you'd have truly been happy with.  Because like some others, you think that anything the Jets do couldn't possibly work out.  Cynicism taken to it's furthest extreme, where any decision is self-defeating, because of who we are, not because of the move we made.

I'd suggest you try and enjoy it with us, but I sadly know you won't.  I feel for you brosef, truly.  A little fun is what sports should be about, and if you can't find anything about this to be fun for you, I'm not sure why you keep on watching/following.  It's supposed to be fun.

I don't understand being happy in April. What's there to be happy about?

Jets are champions of the offseason 20 years running

by the way we all have the same amount of fun - the difference is I'm not heartbroken when the bottom falls out

I spread out the misery you guys take a massive dose in the fall 

I expect the worst and hope for the best so far hope has been wasted energy 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Last year we had, collectively, some of the worst QB'ing in the NFL.

We acquired a HOF'er who, even if just "average" as he was last year, would be somewhere in the 3rd best season for a Jets QB in our history.

Again, if you can't find any fun or joy from that, maybe it's just not for you anymore?  And I don't say that with any malice my friend.

We all get the same fun...

Do we?  When was the last time you had fun with the Jets?

I'm a cynic as well, so I get it.  But I think you take it to an extreme.  JMO.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Last year we had, collectively, some of the worst QB'ing in the NFL.

We acquired a HOF'er who, even if just "average" as he was last year, would be somewhere in the 3rd best season for a Jets QB in our history.

Again, if you can't find any fun or joy from that, maybe it's just not for you anymore?  And I don't say that with any malice my friend.

Do we?  When was the last time you had fun with the Jets?

I'm a cynic as well, so I get it.  But I think you take it to an extreme.  JMO.

I watch every game every week condensed for my ol writing gig 

I honestly don't think Aaron Rodgers is any good anymore 

And that's based on film not cockamamie stats like 2 of the last 3 mvp 

He went off a cliff last year. And yes he hurt his thumb 

That not really an excuse it's a sign he gets hurt more 

As for the rest of it I question how much fun you all are having. We all root for a last place team I'm just more up front about it 

I'll be happy if they win. I'm not going to be happy when they lose 

Same as every year 

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 2

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

As for the rest of it I question how much fun you all are having. We all root for a last place team I'm just more up front about it 

Same as every year 

Characterizing a broken thumb as an "age" injury undermines your entire post. Sorry bud. That's just dumb.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Some of the points are pretty well correct.  I mean I hate to say it but some are totally valid until Rodgers and the jets change that narrative.

I have no doubt mentally and motivation wise and throwing wise he will be good but injuries are a legit concern for a guy who is 40.  And the point about no superbowls at green bay is also a legit point.  It's been like 13 years since they won and the packers have had some damn good teams in that time.

Also 12% is far better than 0.0% which is what are chances were before upgrading QB.

Only one time during Rodgers' reign as starting quarterback has he had a defense in the top 10 in passing, rushing and scoring defense and that was 2009, 10 years ago and in 2010 was top 10 in 2 of those

And he is 80-10 when the packers defense gave up less than 20 points

9 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Characterizing a broken thumb as an "age" injury undermines your entire post. Sorry bud. That's just dumb.

young players get hurt

old players get hurt more

that's what they do

side note we lived through this with Vinny and Favre

I was there when Vinny got eaten by turf monsters. We spent all offseason dreaming about a 1999 super bowl and by the 2nd quarter Tom Tupa was playing QB 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Same as every year 

In all that, you didn't cite the last time you had fun.

I feel for you brother, I really do.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Warfish said:

In all that, you didn't cite the last time you had fun.

I feel for you brother, I really do.  

the last time I had fun was the last time they won 

when was that? 

2015? 2010? 

I don't find it fun to imagine them winning

Win the damn games 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

somewhere along the way losing became winning. Tanking became a positive thing 

highest draft pick since Keyshawn, they picked Zach

I don't subscribe to any offseason joy. what matters are the games

I suspect we'll all tune in this year expecting Aaron Rodgers from 2017 and then realizing he's Aaron Rodgers from 2023 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/aaron-rodgers-overrated-washed-up-ex-nfl-quarterback-suggests

Aaron Rodgers 'may be overrated and washed up,' ex-NFL quarterback suggests

Jets and Packers agreed to a Rodgers trade earlier this week

Ryan GaydosBy Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

Aaron Rodgers being traded to the New York Jets has garnered takes from across the NFL landscape – good and bad. On Tuesday, former Detroit Lions quarterback Scott Mitchell added his take.

On his podcast "Unrivaled" with co-host Alex Kirry, Mitchell downplayed the Jets’ chances of getting to the Super Bowl with Rodgers as their quarterback, even as it seems like the offense is destined to fly with a premier gunslinger at the helm.

"I don’t believe he will get [the Jets] to the Super Bowl," Mitchell said, adding the chances are probably around "12%."

Mitchell said Rodgers could not even lead the Green Bay Packers to the Super Bowl, and when he was corrected about their win in 2010, he said that was a very long time ago. Green Bay was a top 10 offense that year and also a top 5 defense. The Packers defense has never finished a season top 5 in both points and yards allowed since the Super Bowl run.

"Aaron Rodgers may be overrated and washed up," Mitchell said. "He’s going to get washed up with the Jets."

Rodgers won four NFL MVPs and has a Super Bowl ring. He is coming off one of his worst seasons in recent memory, but he played through injuries and the team traded away his top target in Davante Adams to the Las Vegas Raiders at the onset of the 2022 offseason.

He will join a Jets team with a formidable running game led by Breece Hall and the Offensive Rookie of the Year in Garrett Wilson. Not to mention, the Jets signed Allen Lazard in the offseason and put Nathaniel Hackett on the coaching staff.

Still, the Jets have one of the toughest schedules with both Super Bowl LVII participants on the docket.

-----------------------------------------

Jets hate is real boys and girls, lol.  Scott f'ing Mitchell of all people, lol.....

22 minutes ago, bitonti said:

somewhere along the way losing became winning. Tanking became a positive thing 

highest draft pick since Keyshawn, they picked Zach

I don't subscribe to any offseason joy. what matters are the games

I suspect we'll all tune in this year expecting Aaron Rodgers from 2017 and then realizing he's Aaron Rodgers from 2023 

So what’s your doom and gloom prediction for the season? Miss playoffs all together? Or just a quick wild card exit

I don’t know who this guy is but he’s wrong about Roger’s being washed up. He’s on the decline, but he will still be good. The problem was and continues to be that he is not enough to make this team a contender for a super bowl. In that he is correct.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

by the way we all have the same amount of fun - the difference is I'm not heartbroken when the bottom falls out

This is a contradiction as a fan.  If your heart isn't broken, you definitely did not have the same amount of fun.  You're never "all in".

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Jets are champions of the offseason 20 years running

I spread out the misery you guys take a massive dose in the fall 

But your repeated misery, and zeal to spread it to company, isn't wasted energy. Gotcha.

@Warfish is just stating what's obvious all. Never mind that you aren't remotely uninvested in a constantly-contrarian take because it saves "energy" like some efficient model of fandom that separates you from the benighted. In reality you complain with the same or greater zeal - "energy" - as many or most Jets fans.

I mean, ffs one of your primary gripes is when the team has leftover cap space (never mind that most other teams had it, too). So now when the team spends future cap space today - the very thing you've been lobbying for since forever - you repeatedly complain about that as well. 

Sports fandom is meant to be entertainment during the season, and discussion of it is meant to be entertainment in the offseason. If you were truly invested in spending no such offseason energy, you'd be silent between the last game of the prior season and the first game of the ensuing one. 

Also personal health-wise? "Being happy in April" - or whenever - is its own reward. Friendly advice from someone who doesn't wish you any ill-will despite agreeing with you on scarcely little for a long time.

So I agree with Warfish. You should try to enjoy this. If they flop, you'll have all fall/winter to feel bad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Of course you do Bit.

I'll be honest old friend, I don't think there was any move you'd have truly been happy with.  Because like some others, you think that anything the Jets do couldn't possibly work out.  Cynicism taken to it's furthest extreme, where any decision is self-defeating, because of who we are, not because of the move we made.

I'd suggest you try and enjoy it with us, but I sadly know you won't.  I feel for you brosef, truly.  A little fun is what sports should be about, and if you can't find anything about this to be fun for you, I'm not sure why you keep on watching/following.  It's supposed to be fun.

when was the last major move by the Jets he liked?  He dislikes the owner, didn't like the GM/Coach selection, hated Zach pick, hates this rodgers idea.   at what point does he realize that the whole Jet culture isn't a good fit for him and needs to root for another team.

unless his way of getting happiness is lamenting all the things he hates about his "favorite" team.

59 minutes ago, bitonti said:

young players get hurt

old players get hurt more

that's what they do

side note we lived through this with Vinny and Favre

I was there when Vinny got eaten by turf monsters. We spent all offseason dreaming about a 1999 super bowl and by the 2nd quarter Tom Tupa was playing QB 

Vinny Achilles so close on the heels (sorry) to our exit from the AFCC is also what turned me darksider.

But I did post data that shows older players miss more practices (confounded by vet rest days) but not more games than younger ones.

56 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the last time I had fun was the last time they won 

when was that? 

2015? 2010? 

I don't find it fun to imagine them winning

Win the damn games 

you weren't happy when they were 5-3 last year and exceeding expectations.  you don't find them winning to be fun.

they win and you talk about how they are getting lucky and/or playing backup qb.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BeaconJet said:

I'll sign up for a 12% chance at the Super Bowl. 

Yeah that's not quite the insult Mitchell thought it was. Not to Jets fans, anyway.

Our team hasn't even backed into a single wildcard slot since the 2010 season, and I think only twice in that 12-year drought were even mathematically still in it past Thanksgiving. 

Plus tbh, good -- bring on more of this to further fire up Rodgers.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/aaron-rodgers-overrated-washed-up-ex-nfl-quarterback-suggests

Aaron Rodgers 'may be overrated and washed up,' ex-NFL quarterback suggests

Jets and Packers agreed to a Rodgers trade earlier this week

Ryan GaydosBy Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

Aaron Rodgers being traded to the New York Jets has garnered takes from across the NFL landscape – good and bad. On Tuesday, former Detroit Lions quarterback Scott Mitchell added his take.

On his podcast "Unrivaled" with co-host Alex Kirry, Mitchell downplayed the Jets’ chances of getting to the Super Bowl with Rodgers as their quarterback, even as it seems like the offense is destined to fly with a premier gunslinger at the helm.

"I don’t believe he will get [the Jets] to the Super Bowl," Mitchell said, adding the chances are probably around "12%."

Mitchell said Rodgers could not even lead the Green Bay Packers to the Super Bowl, and when he was corrected about their win in 2010, he said that was a very long time ago. Green Bay was a top 10 offense that year and also a top 5 defense. The Packers defense has never finished a season top 5 in both points and yards allowed since the Super Bowl run.

Rodgers won four NFL MVPs and has a Super Bowl ring. He is coming off one of his worst seasons in recent memory, but he played through injuries and the team traded away his top target in Davante Adams to the Las Vegas Raiders at the onset of the 2022 offseason.

He will join a Jets team with a formidable running game led by Breece Hall and the Offensive Rookie of the Year in Garrett Wilson. Not to mention, the Jets signed Allen Lazard in the offseason and put Nathaniel Hackett on the coaching staff.

Still, the Jets have one of the toughest schedules with both Super Bowl LVII participants on the docket.

-----------------------------------------

Jets hate is real boys and girls, lol.  Scott f'ing Mitchell of all people, lol.....

real question who the hell is Scott Mitchell? Is this some great qb of the past i am unfamiliar with>?