Yall Will Love This Trash - "Rodgers Washed Up and Overrated" per Scott Mitchell (LOL)

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah that's not quite the insult Mitchell thought it was. Not to Jets fans, anyway.

Our team hasn't even backed into a single wildcard slot since the 2010 season, and I think only twice in that 12-year drought were even mathematically still in it past Thanksgiving. 

Plus tbh, good -- bring on more of this to further fire up Rodgers.

12% chance for any team woudl be pretty good i think. Pretty much everyone would sign up for that.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

12% chance for any team woudl be pretty good i think. Pretty much everyone would sign up for that.

No kidding especially when the mean is 3.125% and the Jets have been far, far, way way far below the mean for a very long time.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

And that's based on film not cockamamie stats like 2 of the last 3 mvp 

He went off a cliff last year. And yes he hurt his thumb 

I can't say I saw every game he played but I did see a lot and he did not look the same.

Just his body wasn't moving with the ease and speed it used to.. 

So, I think his arm is still there and he can still throw it with the best of 'em - just that special thing he had - his natural pocket movement, his ability to roll out and avoid pressure - has diminished greatly and it's not going to get better.  None of that has anything to do with a broken thumb either.

That's just what I noticed.

I don't understand being happy in April. What's there to be happy about?

Hope and opportunity.

Who knows how the move works out -- but there's legitimate reason to be excited. Honestly if you can't get excited about moves the Jets are making, why follow the team this closely? Why post here?

If I were as negative as some of the posters here I'd just stop following the team. There's definitely a contingent who get off on negativity, but either way it just seems like such a poor use of time.

Scott Mitchell lived a life that we'd very grateful for, get paid millions to do very little, except pick up Marino and Shula's dry cleaning or park their cars. Then fleece the Lions for a payday.

All that aside, I'm glad the saga has ended, for now. I have my reservations about Aaron, but as they say "Smile now, cry later". In the meantime let's focus our energies on the draft. Oh and crack a bottle of your favorite beverage while waiting for training camp.

And if you're a true cynic like me, listen to George Carlin or Bill Hicks for some laughs.

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

So what’s your doom and gloom prediction for the season? Miss playoffs all together? Or just a quick wild card exit

They go 8-9

Aaron rodgers misses a month with injury at the worst time and we watch Zach piss away the season again 

That's not gloom and doom that's what I expect without emotional attachment for a positive outcome 

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Hope and opportunity.

Who knows how the move works out -- but there's legitimate reason to be excited. Honestly if you can't get excited about moves the Jets are making, why follow the team this closely? Why post here?

If I were as negative as some of the posters here I'd just stop following the team. There's definitely a contingent who get off on negativity, but either way it just seems like such a poor use of time.

Hope in one hand piss in the other see what fills up first 

I am not exactly happy when I predict they suck and they do suck but there's a certain satisfaction in being right 

As for my use of time I live in the moment and enjoy the wins. Every win is important. If they win I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

30 minutes ago, bitonti said:

They go 8-9

Aaron rodgers misses a month with injury at the worst time and we watch Zach piss away the season again 

That's not gloom and doom that's what I expect without emotional attachment for a positive outcome 

Rodgers hasn’t missed a game in 6 years, not sure why you think he’s gonna miss a month with injuries but ok lol

• Upvote 1

They go 8-9
You must be the life of every party.
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/aaron-rodgers-overrated-washed-up-ex-nfl-quarterback-suggests

Aaron Rodgers 'may be overrated and washed up,' ex-NFL quarterback suggests

Jets and Packers agreed to a Rodgers trade earlier this week

Ryan GaydosBy Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

Aaron Rodgers being traded to the New York Jets has garnered takes from across the NFL landscape – good and bad. On Tuesday, former Detroit Lions quarterback Scott Mitchell added his take.

On his podcast "Unrivaled" with co-host Alex Kirry, Mitchell downplayed the Jets’ chances of getting to the Super Bowl with Rodgers as their quarterback, even as it seems like the offense is destined to fly with a premier gunslinger at the helm.

"I don’t believe he will get [the Jets] to the Super Bowl," Mitchell said, adding the chances are probably around "12%."

Mitchell said Rodgers could not even lead the Green Bay Packers to the Super Bowl, and when he was corrected about their win in 2010, he said that was a very long time ago. Green Bay was a top 10 offense that year and also a top 5 defense. The Packers defense has never finished a season top 5 in both points and yards allowed since the Super Bowl run.

"Aaron Rodgers may be overrated and washed up," Mitchell said. "He’s going to get washed up with the Jets."

Rodgers won four NFL MVPs and has a Super Bowl ring. He is coming off one of his worst seasons in recent memory, but he played through injuries and the team traded away his top target in Davante Adams to the Las Vegas Raiders at the onset of the 2022 offseason.

He will join a Jets team with a formidable running game led by Breece Hall and the Offensive Rookie of the Year in Garrett Wilson. Not to mention, the Jets signed Allen Lazard in the offseason and put Nathaniel Hackett on the coaching staff.

Still, the Jets have one of the toughest schedules with both Super Bowl LVII participants on the docket.

-----------------------------------------

Jets hate is real boys and girls, lol.  Scott f'ing Mitchell of all people, lol.....

12 percent is better than zero percent so it looks better already

• Upvote 2

I was in the opposite end zone, good ol section 137 when Vinny went down like he got shot. Was much younger then. Turned to my brother and said, we're done this year..

It's been pretty easy to be correct the last 12-15 years predicting the Jets will suck. 

My hope is that the defense matures even more so that we don't need vintage Rodgers. 

Getting closer to the end that the beginning age wise, so at this point, I'll take a 40 year QB on the decline. Jets have been trying to groom a young franchise QB for years. Didn't happen and that's OK. 

If it all blows up, and goes sideways, can't say I haven't seen that before. I'm a Jets fan, I'm used to it. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Jets are champions of the offseason 20 years running

by the way we all have the same amount of fun - the difference is I'm not heartbroken when the bottom falls out

I spread out the misery you guys take a massive dose in the fall 

I expect the worst and hope for the best so far hope has been wasted energy 

We signed a proven QB.  We haven't had one since pre-Pennigton shoulder blow out and Testaverde.

We should be happy. But you of course, are not.  Oh well.  Jets chances just improved dramatically and ol' eeyore sees nothing worth being happy about. 

They go 8-9

How do you “expect” an injury to a guy who historically hasnt had injury issues and has played thru a lot of bumps and bruises?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How many teams in the league have better than 8:1 odds of a super bowl?

KC has 13:2 odds. So his dig is that the Jets now are a bit better than half as likely as the #1 favorite Chiefs? 

Again, not the insult he thinks it is. 

Doing the math

KC is 6.5:1

Jets are 8:1      

Thats a lot better than half fwiw and further makes your point.

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Doing the math

KC is 6.5:1

Jets are 8:1      

Thats a lot better than half fwiw and further makes your point.

6.5:1 = 13:2

Also yeah I did say it's better than half. 6:1 vs 12:1 would be exactly half. I don't know that it's a lot better (12:2 vs 13:2 would is slightly better than half), but appreciate the sentiment. 

We can agree Scott Mitchell can EAD.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

Jets are champions of the offseason 20 years running

by the way we all have the same amount of fun - the difference is I'm not heartbroken when the bottom falls out

I spread out the misery you guys take a massive dose in the fall 

I expect the worst and hope for the best so far hope has been wasted energy 

That's pretty sad. Fans should be more like athletes. Put the past behind you. Be in the present. Believe in yourself. Sounds hokey, perhaps, but it's really unhealthy to lug around the baggage of the past at all times. Not a good strategy in sports or in life. But carry on.

• Upvote 1

I am not exactly happy when I predict they suck and they do suck but there's a certain satisfaction in being right 
As for my use of time I live in the moment and enjoy the wins. Every win is important. If they win I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

I suggest you record the games and if they win you watch. If they lose, just delete it. Sound good?

3 hours ago, bicketybam said:
6 hours ago, bitonti said:

I suggest you record the games and if they win you watch. If they lose, just delete it. Sound good?

I have to watch all the games for my writing job 

And not just the Jets. All of them 

People should watch green Bay film from last year. There's a reason why green Bay is moving on and it's not because of their defense 

3 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

That's pretty sad. Fans should be more like athletes. Put the past behind you. Be in the present. Believe in yourself. Sounds hokey, perhaps, but it's really unhealthy to lug around the baggage of the past at all times. Not a good strategy in sports or in life. But carry on.

I'm not lugging around baggage. I'm shaped by my experience. 

Maybe you're delusional and I should be concerned about you? Do you hear how condescending that sounds? 

I'm an adult I don't have to live my life as a pithy Saleh motto like all gas no brakes 

4 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

How do you “expect” an injury to a guy who historically hasnt had injury issues and has played thru a lot of bumps and bruises?

Because he turns 40 this season and that's usually when it all falls apart 

Father time is undefeated 

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I dunno maybe a top 10 QB of all-time arriving to Florham Park?

Live a little, Bit.  You can still be a little happy even without wheat.

There's a difference between being a top 10 qb all time and being top 10 this year 

Sad fact I don't know if he's even better than Tua 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Brett Favre was Ironman until he showed up here 

Old guys get hurt it's what happens 

True but then Favre had amazing season in Minn…..Rodgers does look to be in good shape, mentally motivated.  Bottom line is Rodgers can still spin it 

• Upvote 1