Daniel Jeremiah final mock.

Larz

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

That’s the dream

Skoronski at #15, a DT like Kancey or Mazi Smith at #43, and a developmental center like Stromberg or Wypler in the 4th.

Grab some LB and S depth in the 5th and let’s roll. 

I think we're past the point of waiting for the LB's because it's one of our biggest needs. Mosley is nothing more than mediocre and the only young guy that has shown promise is Sherwood.

I think they go OLB in the 2nd if they go OT in the 1st. 

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

I think we're past the point of waiting for the LB's because it's one of our biggest needs. Mosley is nothing more than mediocre and the only young guy that has shown promise is Sherwood.

It’s definitely possible

Especially since I think #43 is going to end up being a sweet spot for one of those long, freakish MIKE’s like Sanders and Campbell, who could easily fill Kwon’s role for a year and potentially take over for Mosley in 2024 as the “green dot” of the front seven.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Larz said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2023-nfl-mock-draft-4-0

I’ll take it ???

13 Green Bay Packers (from NYJ)

Dalton Kincaid

Utah · TE · Senior

Green Bay could weigh Kincaid versus Ohio State’s Jaxon Smith-Njigba here. I think Kincaid is a perfect fit in this offense, and the Packers could circle back for a receiver later, which has generally been their preferred approach at the position. They haven’t picked a WR in Round 1 since 2002.

14 New England Patriots

Lukas Van Ness

Iowa · Edge · Sophomore (RS)

Some players just feel like New England Patriots. Van Ness is one of them. Smart, physical and tough.

15 New York Jets

(from GB)

Peter Skoronski

Northwestern · IOL · Junior

My comparison for Skoronski was Jets guard Alijah Vera-Tucker. Both guys have the ability to play inside or outside. They would play next to each other one way or another with the Jets

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Jeremiah and Brendan Donahue both have us taking skronk   

At 15

Animated GIF

52 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

And Chris Collinsworth, FWIW.  I would take that.

30 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

That’s the dream

Skoronski at #15, a DT like Kancey or Mazi Smith at #43, and a developmental center like Stromberg or Wypler in the 4th.

Grab some LB and S depth in the 5th and let’s roll. 

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Make It So Star Trek GIF

Star Trek Ok GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

He has Kancey going 18th. That dream won't manifest. 

You never know

But frankly, yeah, Kancey is probably more realistic at #15 than #43.

And I wouldn’t be against it either. The Jets shouldn’t reach on an OT just for the sake of taking one. Especially since if all goes right, said OT is going to spend his entire rookie season as the backup swing tackle anyway.

Q and Kancey applying pressure up the middle with a steady rotation of dudes like JFM, Lawson, Johnson, Huff, Jefferson and Clemons?

With guys like Sauce, Reed and Chuck roaming the secondary?

That sounds pretty f*cking sweet to me.

• Upvote 3

I feel like Herm Edwards is the most useless opinion, as much as any of the female evaluators ESPN peddles. Like when he talks, I usually just become baffled this guy has had so many head coaching jobs and I then I think about humans as a species and what’s actually considered “talent” and stuff 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, HessStation said:

I feel like Herm Edwards is the most useless opinion, as much as any of the female evaluators ESPN peddles. Like when he talks, I usually just become baffled this guy has had so many head coaching jobs and I then I think about humans as a species and what’s actually considered “talent” and stuff 

Did his best to run Arizona St into the ground.  He's such a buffoon.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RobR said:

If Sanders or Campbell are there at 43 (doubtful, but ya never know), I would be happy with either there. Maybe Overshown makes it to our 4th rounder. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RobR said:

I kinda agree with this.  There are some quality LBs projected to go in the 2nd, and I feel like you can pretty easily find a decent run-stuffing DT in the 4th, which is all we need.  Take Skoronski(or one of the other top OTs) at 15, take a Trenton Simpson or Jack Campbell or Daiyan Henley at 43, then snatch up your DT in the 4th(Turner, Dexter, Young), a development C in the 5th(Oluwatimi, Patterson, Stromberg), and then whatever you want with the other 5th(WR like Charlie Jones, or maybe one of the S that's still on the board like Joseph, Taylor, Johnson, Hickman).  

I'm hoping for a trade down but there are a select few guys who, if they're on the board, you stay put and draft them immediately.  Skoronski would be one of those guys.  Can slot right in at RT or if you really like Mitchell and Becton stays healthy, slide Skronk to OG and bounce Tomlinson out of the lineup.  He'd be a home-run draft pick.  

17 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I kinda agree with this.  There are some quality LBs projected to go in the 2nd, and I feel like you can pretty easily find a decent run-stuffing DT in the 4th, which is all we need.  Take Skoronski(or one of the other top OTs) at 15, take a Trenton Simpson or Jack Campbell or Daiyan Henley at 43, then snatch up your DT in the 4th(Turner, Dexter, Young), a development C in the 5th(Oluwatimi, Patterson, Stromberg), and then whatever you want with the other 5th(WR like Charlie Jones, or maybe one of the S that's still on the board like Joseph, Taylor, Johnson, Hickman).  

I'm hoping for a trade down but there are a select few guys who, if they're on the board, you stay put and draft them immediately.  Skoronski would be one of those guys.  Can slot right in at RT or if you really like Mitchell and Becton stays healthy, slide Skronk to OG and bounce Tomlinson out of the lineup.  He'd be a home-run draft pick.  

Youre not the only one to suggest this but the idea of drafting someone to replace a guy that was an All Pro and that you are paying 14 million a yr for doesnt make a lot of sense to me.    Tomlinson has renegotiated his contract and isnt cuttable for cap savings.  

Brown might save some money if cut but after all he did last year and the respect he earned playing hurt, I doubt that theyd do that either.

I see starter spots at DT, LB and Safety.   If the right guy doesnt fall to the Jets Id think they trade back for more picks.  

All the guessing ends this tonight and this weekend.

12 hours ago, HessStation said:

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Did his best to run Arizona St into the ground.  He's such a buffoon.  

frustrated office space GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Youre not the only one to suggest this but the idea of drafting someone to replace a guy that was an All Pro and that you are paying 14 million a yr for doesnt make a lot of sense to me.    Tomlinson has renegotiated his contract and isnt cuttable for cap savings.  

Brown might save some money if cut but after all he did last year and the respect he earned playing hurt, I doubt that theyd do that either.

I see starter spots at DT, LB and Safety.   If the right guy doesnt fall to the Jets Id think they trade back for more picks.  

All the guessing ends this tonight and this weekend.

I wouldn't cut either Brown or Tomlinson if I didn't have to.  I'd hold onto both as depth.  Brown in the event that Becton goes down again, and Tomlinson in the event of Skoronski struggling, or Mitchell struggling and one of Skoronski or AVT moving to RT - opening a spot at OG.

I think you can save some money from Lawson(pretty sure he's gone...I just don't see how they can afford to keep him and we finally have depth at that position), Whitehead, a Mosley restructure, and potentially cutting or trading Davis.  IMO though having that kind of depth on the OL is a good thing, but if we draft Skoronski and Mitchell is expected to be the starting RT, there's no way in hell I'd play Tomlinson over the kid we just took 15th overall.  Especially considering how bad this dude has been for us so far. 

9 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I wouldn't cut either Brown or Tomlinson if I didn't have to.  I'd hold onto both as depth.  Brown in the event that Becton goes down again, and Tomlinson in the event of Skoronski struggling, or Mitchell struggling and one of Skoronski or AVT moving to RT - opening a spot at OG.

I think you can save some money from Lawson(pretty sure he's gone...I just don't see how they can afford to keep him and we finally have depth at that position), Whitehead, a Mosley restructure, and potentially cutting or trading Davis.  IMO though having that kind of depth on the OL is a good thing, but if we draft Skoronski and Mitchell is expected to be the starting RT, there's no way in hell I'd play Tomlinson over the kid we just took 15th overall.  Especially considering how bad this dude has been for us so far. 

I think I agree. Jets need to do their best to avoid letting a chain of OL injuries derail the season.