Peter Schrager: Jets Won’t Reach at 15 if Preferred Tackle Doesn’t Fall to Them

Joe Douglas

NFL reporter Peter Schrager has been dropping some draft nuggets over the past hour or so and one of his latest involves just how Joe Douglas and the New York Jets will proceed on draft day.

EVEN more Pre Draft Nuggets…
— Jets won’t reach at 15 for an OT if one of their preferred guys doesn’t fall to them
— Addison has lots of fans around the league. May go earlier than he’s been listed in any mock drafts
— DEs Murphy , Van Ness, Nolan Smith all should go 10-25

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) April 27, 2023

According to Schrager, the Jets won’t take an OT that isn’t among their top choices if one doesn’t fall to them.  This is an interesting development as some believe the top 3 or 4 tackles could be off the board early on.

The top names include Peter Skoronski of Northwestern, Paris Johnson out of Ohio State, Broderick Jones of Georgia and Tennesse’s Darnell Wright.

Because of the addition of Aaron Rodgers, there are some of believe the pick at 15 should be an offensive tackle no matter what.  But if Schrager is right, that won’t be the case if one of their guys isn’t waiting to hear their name called when the Jets are on the clock.

The post Peter Schrager: Jets Won’t Reach at 15 if Preferred Tackle Doesn’t Fall to Them appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

And water is wet. 

Of course JD won't 'reach' at 15. If the top 3 OTs are gone he will simply go BPA on his board or trade down (assuming there is a trade partner). 

I firmly believe there is a good possibility that either 1. Broderick Jones WILL slide to 15 or 2. Will Levis or Richardson will slide to 15 and a team will want to hop Washington to snag him- giving the Jets a trade down opportunity.  

Otherwise, if no top 3 OT or trade down scenario, Jet fans shouldn't stress. At 15 there should be a very good prospect available. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

And water is wet. 

Of course JD won't 'reach' at 15. If the top 3 OTs are gone he will simply go BPA on his board or trade down (assuming there is a trade partner). 

I firmly believe there is a good possibility that either 1. Broderick Jones WILL slide to 15 or 2. Will Levis or Richardson will slide to 15 and a team will want to hop Washington to snag him- giving the Jets a trade down opportunity.  

Otherwise, if no top 3 OT or trade down scenario, Jet fans shouldn't stress. At 15 there should be a very good prospect available. 

Agreed  ^^       i think he's gonna take the best DL still on the board if he does not trade down. 

• Upvote 1

I think JD does get attached to his draft picks. 

He is not giving up on Becton.  

The Jets can fill other needs if they roll the dice with the OL they have.  

OL are premium picks.  JD must have thought the guys he wanted would be gone by 13, and he could throw GB a pick-swap bone.  

And water is wet. 
Also have to factor that there's always 1 or 2 picks that come out of nowhere... if that happens, we have a better chance one of the ot fall to us

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

While tackle is a logical pick based on last years injuries, i still struggle with drafting a tackle who could POTENTIALLY sit on the bench all year with Duane and Becton starting.  I think there MAY be other positions that could provide a player who can possibly get much more playing time and help the team this year. 

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, JetNation said:

Joe Douglas

NFL reporter Peter Schrager has been dropping some draft nuggets over the past hour or so and one of his latest involves just how Joe Douglas and the New York Jets will proceed on draft day.

— Jets won’t reach at 15 for an OT if one of their preferred guys doesn’t fall to them
— Addison has lots of fans around the league. May go earlier than he’s been listed in any mock drafts

According to Schrager, the Jets won’t take an OT that isn’t among their top choices if one doesn’t fall to them.  This is an interesting development as some believe the top 3 or 4 tackles could be off the board early on.

The top names include Peter Skoronski of Northwestern, Paris Johnson out of Ohio State, Broderick Jones of Georgia and Tennesse’s Darnell Wright.

Because of the addition of Aaron Rodgers, there are some of believe the pick at 15 should be an offensive tackle no matter what.  But if Schrager is right, that won’t be the case if one of their guys isn’t waiting to hear their name called when the Jets are on the clock.

The post Peter Schrager: Jets Won’t Reach at 15 if Preferred Tackle Doesn’t Fall to Them appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Reed Richards couldn’t have stretched any further.

23 hours ago, JetNation said:

Joe Douglas

Lies!

Jets reached just not for a OL.

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think I have seen the word “cuck” more on JN than any other site on the net 

It’s become an overused (semi-ironic) term in my circles but I think it applies here.

Feels like the pick swap and subsequent trade up cost us the player we wanted and we panicked and took a 24 year old 2nd round prospect at 15.

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2023 at 12:04 AM, JetNation said:

Joe Douglas

Because of the addition of Aaron Rodgers, there are some of believe the pick at 15 should be an offensive tacklBye Bye Reaction GIF by GritTVe no matter what.  But if Schrager is right, that won’t be the case if one of their guys isn’t waiting to hear their name called when the Jets are on the clock.