After enticing Aaron Rodgers to join, JD and Saleh should have earned our trust that they know what they’re doing

NOSIDE

Not new here, just rare to post. I think these guys have a plan. Good chance Huff and Lawson are goners next year. This gives us an athletic rusher and opens up money for next year. Of course- I hope we go O Line in round 2

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, NOSIDE said:

Sure- McDonald surprised everyone. But we all are so critical cuz we’re used to incompetence from our front office. No, they haven’t hit on everyone, but when’s the last time a franchise QB wanted to sincerely play for us? JD and Saleh have set up a winning culture that’s attracting players. Let’s trust their plan. 

When was the last time a historic franchise wanted to dump a franchise QB and the only team that wanted him was the NY Jets?

This is going to be a very interesting season but lets be real.  The reason we got Rodgers is they drafted Zach and their jobs are on the line this year.

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

I was told Woody made the Rodgers trade though. 

Woody certainly threw the gauntlet down, so in that matter, he cast this offseason in that effort.

Not sure I believe he nixed the Carr possible signing and hamstrung JD that much, but this offseason, as quickly as the first week after the last year’s finale, was about the QB position, and moving to a veteran. 

1 hour ago, NOSIDE said:

Sure- McDonald surprised everyone. But we all are so critical cuz we’re used to incompetence from our front office. No, they haven’t hit on everyone, but when’s the last time a franchise QB wanted to sincerely play for us? JD and Saleh have set up a winning culture that’s attracting players. Let’s trust their plan. 

Because they got Rodgers means they are immune from any criticism moving forward??

Give me a break 

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

When was the last time a historic franchise wanted to dump a franchise QB and the only team that wanted him was the NY Jets?

This is going to be a very interesting season but lets be real.  The reason we got Rodgers is they drafted Zach and their jobs are on the line this year.

You realize that Rodgers picked the jets, right? We don’t know what happened behind the scenes but if he wasn’t willing to go anywhere else, it would have been a waste of time for anyone else to try to trade for a player that didn’t want to join their team. I do agree though, Rodgers was brought in so that saleh and JD can prove that they deserve to be here for the long term.

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

You realize that Rodgers picked the jets, right? We don’t know what happened behind the scenes but if he wasn’t willing to go anywhere else, it would have been a waste of time for anyone else to try to trade for a player that didn’t want to join their team. I do agree though, Rodgers was brought in so that saleh and JD can prove that they deserve to be here for the long term.

You realize the only owner, GM, HC and OC who got on a plane to kiss Rodgers ass were wearing Jets gear.  

I'm glad we got him but the only ones competing for his services were the NY Jets. 

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Because they got Rodgers means they are immune from any criticism moving forward??

Give me a break 

I never said they aren’t immune to criticism. We’re fans- we have a right and obligation to speak our mind. But I’m seeing posts of “fire JD”. And “I’m done with this franchise”.   With our track record of front office success- this is the best situation so far in a long time for us. The emotional roller coaster is exhausting. I will trust these guys know what they’re doing. TIPPMAN or JMS in round 2!! Let’s go!

16 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Woody also actually acted like a true status billionaire and made the trade go through. He did the right thing flying out to talk to Rodgers personally man to man. The Packers front office and guttenkurst were toxic 

Woody's earned the right to his own gender identity.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, there was nothing they could have done to earn that. Skeptical AF.

You think it's a coincidence that Aaron Rodgers is showing up and being supportive in OTAs? 

He trusts Woody and Joe Douglas

Nobody talks about it enough but the Packers front office should be ashamed and embarrassed they didn't win five super bowls with Aaron Rodgers. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

You think it's a coincidence that Aaron Rodgers is showing up and being supportive in OTAs? 

He trusts Woody and Joe Douglas

Nobody talks about it enough but the Packers front office should be ashamed and embarrassed they didn't win five super bowls with Aaron Rodgers. 

The title says, “earned our trust”. The fans. Of which, I am one - you are not. 

So, I’ll stay skeptical and you go kick rocks.