How much does Rodgers Like Zack Wilson

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

I was totally intrigued by what Rodgers said on the Michael Kay show the other day when Rogers said that he was a New York Jet in part to mentor Zach Wilson.

Well when I heard that i thought that was crazy and must not be fully accurate somehow. Why?

Cause no HOF QB joins a team to act as a mentor for another QB and their replacement, right?

And then I really saw no one in the media either nationally or locally really pickup on this, everyone seemed to be focusing on Zach’s comment about how he was going to give his replacement “hell.”

Well I finally found one article that actually explains what Rodgers meant on the Kay show and his earlier cryptic remark about taking Zach to heaven…..

Some of the article’s key points are as follows:

1. Aaron Rodgers and Zack Wilson are not just teammates but friends. 

2. Rodgers when he came to the Jets asked the Jets what they thought of Zach cause he didn’t want to hurt Zach, and that the Jets said that they believe in him and that was a good thing cause Rodgers believes in Zach as well. 

3.  That Rodgers and Zach Wilson have been hanging out together well before the trade!  I had never heard that before…

4. IMO ……That this has tremendous implications for the Jets, QB2 and who will be drafted in the future…

Nice article…read it for yourself!

https://www.newsday.com/amp/sports/football/jets/aaron-rodgers-zach-wilson-jets-cnaljd9h

Hi I’d like to introduce you the the Jets new QB his name is Aaron RoDgers.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I was totally intrigued by what Rogers said on the Michael Kay show the other day when Rogers said that he was a New York Jet in part to mentor Zach Wilson.

Well when I heard that i thought that was crazy and must not be fully accurate somehow. Why?

Cause no HOF QB joins a team to act as a mentor for another QB and their replacement, right?

And then I really saw no one in the media either nationally or locally really pickup on this, everyone seemed to be focusing on Zach’s comment about how he was going to give his replacement “hell.”

Well I finally found one article that actually explains what Rogers meant on the Kay show and his earlier cryptic remark about taking Zach to heaven…..

1. Aaron Rogers and Zack Wilson are not just teammates but friends. 

2. Rogers when he came to the Jets asked the Jets what they thought of Zach cause he didn’t want to hurt Zach, and that the Jets said that they believe in him and that was a good thing cause Rogers believes in Zach as well. 

3.  That Rogers and Zach Wilson have been hanging out together well before the trade!  I had never heard that before…

4. IMO ……That this has tremendous implications for the Jets, QB2 and who will be drafted in the future…

https://www.newsday.com/amp/sports/football/jets/aaron-rodgers-zach-wilson-jets-cnaljd9h

if that investment would ever recover, the jets would be setup for years to come in every aspect of football that matters. i've said from the start, Rodgers was our only chance to get somethout out of Zach who was clearly out of his depth in the NFL.

• Upvote 2

If Wilson has any self awareness he will pay attention to Rodgers social skills and work on respecting his teammates/ building friendships. 

More than Zach's talent, when his teammates know and can feel that Wilson actually cares about there role on the team, then and only then will his teammates support him. 

True leaders go to the front line first 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Hi I’d like to introduce you the the Jets new QB his name is Aaron RoDgers.

I know that perhaps you need to know the subtext of the OP which is that Rogers came to the Jets in no small part because of his relationship with Zach Wilson .

That is a big big deal because if Zach SUCKS or continues mediocre play then the Jets will be reluctant to move off of him IMObecause of their commitment to Rogers.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I know that perhaps you need to know the subtext of the OP which is that Rogers came to the Jets in no small part because of his relationship with Zach Wilson .

That is a big big deal because if Zach SUCKS or continues mediocre play then the Jets will be reluctant to move off of him IMObecause of their commitment to Rogers.

It's just my opinion but I think Rodgers told woody that he wants to play 3-5 more years and all the retirement talk bs was just to get away from guttenkurst because the Packers front office is extremely toxic 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I was totally intrigued by what Rogers said on the Michael Kay show the other day when Rogers said that he was a New York Jet in part to mentor Zach Wilson.

Well I finally found one article that actually explains what Rogers meant on the Kay show and his earlier cryptic remark about taking Zach to heaven…..

1. Aaron Rogers and Zack Wilson are not just teammates but friends. 

2. Rogers when he came to the Jets asked the Jets what they thought of Zach cause he didn’t want to hurt Zach, and that the Jets said that they believe in him and that was a good thing cause Rogers believes in Zach as well. 

3.  That Rogers and Zach Wilson have been hanging out together well before the trade!  I had never heard that before…

Thanks for finding this and posting. I have been pointing this out for months with regards to why the Jets really wanted Rodgers and Rodgers only. It went back to the joint practices with GB and the talk of Wilson's and Rodgers' friendship.  I think (don't know for sure) they did their due diligence with Carr but probably determined he wasn't/wouldn't work with Zach in the same way hence we never made an offer. Did this probably cost us some leverage in negotiations with GB....probably. But in the end, the Jets are executing on their long term plan with Rodgers and Wilson. Remains to be seen if Wilson holds up his end of the bargain to make the plan work.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Again I’d like to introduce you to the new Jets QB Aaron RoDgers.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

32 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

RoDgers 

• Post of the Week 1