McDonald is a GREAT pick- watch film!

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Solid pick. Like as in early 2nd round or something maybe?? To a team not so deep on ends?? Just me 

According to my made-up sources, there was 0% chance the Steelers weren't letting Will McDonald get past their first pick in the 2nd round. Jets were not letting that happen, thanks to Smokin Joe Douglas.

• Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Matt @ZazzyJets

Not sure if this is a hot take or not, but if Iowa State used Will McDonald to his potential, he probably doesn't make it to pick 15 #Jets

This is so true. They moved him inside the OT his senior year. 

The person who did that should be fired, not JD.

Think the reason people hate this pick they think he just going to be used as a DE situational pass rusher he will be coverted to a LB see this guy be a vertical sideline to sideline OLB that could move around in different packages. He will be not only pass rushing but being a ball hawk going after RB stripping the ball he will be another Lance Briggs creating havoc The Jets are very thin at LB probably 1 position they are worse then OL they have Quincy Williams, Sherwood and Kwon Williams still a free agent non these guys have the athletic ability this guy has the Jets since Saleh came here have ignored the LB position and if CJ mosely or Quincy Williams go down they are done this guy adds a whole new dimension to the Jets LB Corp and fills a big hole they have. 

1 hour ago, aagarcia said:

yeah of course jeremy from nowhere knows better

I didn't say that or make any comment on the player whatsoever. You made that up in your mind. I said that you lied about 'watching film' when you watched highlights. You also changed your story from 

"I watched film" to "some experts out there like him". 

Get your sh*t together. 

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I didn't say that or make any comment on the player whatsoever. You made that up in your mind. I said that you lied about 'watching film' when you watched highlights. You also changed your story from 

"I watched film" to "some experts out there like him". 

Get your sh*t together. 

Lol, get a life loser.  Enjoy the free air.. instead of trying to stalk people.  I know this forum maybe your entire social hemisphere but there are other places and things you could be doing.

4 hours ago, aagarcia said:

Well Michael is a baseball guy, "@MarinoMLB" so I wouldn't put much stock in his opinion. And I hate the name "Marino" plus anything associated with it. However his initials are are MM, and I like a good peanut M&M...preferably the yellow one.

5 hours ago, aagarcia said:

Why is he a great pick for us?  Oh we already have Lawson, Huff etc....BUT those are really short stubby bull rush type pass rushers.  We have no one that is fluid and bendy like McDonald.  Shades of Jason Taylor here but more bendy. He was not used all the time properly in college and still held his own even against the run.  When he came standing off the edge he created HAVOC.  

Again, we have no one on this roster like this kid. With JFM and Quininen to the inside and McDonald coming off the edge ,,,VERY little time for a QB to decide...

SOLID pick

I mean the film is everywhere. Jumping the car and bending into sack after sack, forced fumbles and ridiculous quickness and speed. Getting responses like you have is typical JN. Most of whom have never watched film in their life. Shocking how many GMs we have in this forum saying we should draft an overrated slow, slot receiver.  

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Solid pick. Like as in early 2nd round or something maybe?? To a team not so deep on ends?? Just me 

Need to see a video explaining your position. No way you will praise anything JD would do. But hey, you have a history of making good picks so I trust you. 

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I would have traded this guy McD in a heartbeat straight up for the rights to Aaron Rodgers.

In hindsight all the agita over this year’s #1 was stupid.

Jets would still hold #42 and #43 and next year’s #1.

Now they’ve lost #42 and next year’s #1 but they have a guy who can jump a car.

^either way, we still have 43.  So it comes down to:

#42 + next years 1st = acquiring Will McDonald IV 

Essentially, we gave up a 2nd and next years first for McDonald.  

2 hours ago, Facts said:

Which is EXACTLY why you don't spend a top 15 pick on one!

Yes on one hand. But they want the rotation guys to have similar talents so there isn’t any drop off. Is Macdonald worth the fifteen pick? Maybe not but from what I’ve read it sounded like Douglas tried to trade out of the pick but was finally stuck making it. Maybe he was eyeing Macdonald but with a lower first rounder.  We’ll see what happens. I hope he’s a more effective player than farrier or Kyle Brady.