Jim Irsay getting crazy on Twitter

He's not crazy.  That team been mostly floundering since their franchise QB flaked out and retired, you get a chance to double your chances at finding the next franchise QB, with one on the cheap, you take it in their position. 

But is Levis REALLY that guy?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He's not crazy.  That team been mostly floundering since their franchise QB flaked out and retired, you get a chance to double your chances at finding the next franchise QB, with one on the cheap, you take it in their position. 

Manning then Luck. Times sure are tough in Indy. They wish they had a McElroy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LAJohn said:

It’s actually not a terrible idea. The bust rate on QBs is pretty high. The chances of one of Levis or Richardson being good is higher than just Richardson. 

Gamblers fallacy.

The chances of either of them being good stays the same, no matter how many you draft. Same odds are applied to each individual. Like rolling the dice more doesn’t increase your odds of rolling a 7.

It’s a terrible idea.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Gamblers fallacy.

The chances of either of them being good stays the same, no matter how many you draft. Same odds are applied to each individual. Like rolling the dice more doesn’t increase your odds of rolling a 7.

It’s a terrible idea.

That's not the gambler's fallacy, which - as I understand it - is the idea like "I'm [somehow] more due to win the next hand than I would've been if I hadn't just lost the prior 10 in a row!" -- not that twice as many rolls of the dice doesn't double your odds of at least one of them being a 7. It does. 

If Richardson had already busted, then it would be a closer analogy, but he hasn't played any more than Levis at this point.

I do agree 100% it would be a stupid idea. Not because of a gambler's fallacy but because you don't get as many draft picks as you feel like bankrolling no matter how many straight losses pile up; the number of opportunities (picks; and high picks at that) is finite.

Then again Irsay is a ****ing crackhead whose brains turned to mist long ago, so who knows, lol.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Nah. He's not crazy, but he's trying to bait a trade-up for Levis, whether with them or ahead of them so their guy falls

• Upvote 1