After 24 hours had anyone gotten happier about McDonald IV?

LAJohn

What’s great about the NFL draft is you really can’t lose (unlike most Sundays as a Jets fan). Pretty easy to find analyst/media members that are high on any player your team drafts. 

Ultimately if this kid is a good pass rusher he’s worth his weight in gold. You really can’t have enough of those guys. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, LAJohn said:

What’s great about the NFL draft is you really can’t lose. Pretty easy to find analyst/media members that are high on any player your team drafts. 

Ultimately if this kid is a good pass rusher he’s worth his weight in gold. You really can’t have enough of those guys. 

Time will tell at this point - ask me in a year.

• Upvote 2

I like the pick, he’s a got a huge ceiling, if he works hard and makes a few changes from everything I’ve looked at in the last 24 hours.

There were players who we probably should have went for before him, we could have moved back and still got him, but I like him.

the D was superb last season, and if we improve it further, it can only help Rodgers.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Like the pick don't like where they took him they should have traded back.  This all the result of letting Woody meddle in the Rogers trade swapping first round picks, plus next years first will hurt this franchise has already showing. Think Broderick Jones through war room in turmoil Think the pick is good will fill a need for OLB. But it's clear this Rogers trade has effected the Jets draft plans.

• Upvote 1

I think most of us were more upset with none of the Top tackles being available than the McDonald pick itself. 99% of us thought it was gonna be one of the tackles or maybe JSN. When it wasn’t any of those guys, we were all shocked. After looking into him more today, I’m fine with the pick as I think our defense isn’t as good as the rankings showed last year. Anyone with two eye balls saw teams backing off and playing conservatively vs us during the second half of the year because the offense fell off a cliff and wasn’t a threat to score. Basically played to not lose and burn the clock, hold on and leave with the W. In 2023, the defense will be tested, and teams will be more aggressive later in games. We need an edge rusher that can get home, hopefully McDonald is that guy.

38 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No.  He could get 20 sacks next yesr and its a terrible pick.  Didnt need him.  We blew it.

What have you done Joe Douglas?  What have you done??

Mad Cartman GIF by South Park

If he were to have 20 sacks next year he'd be D rookie of the year at pick 15, and he'd have been a key contributor on a Jets run to a playoff birth hopefully far more which requires guys that can get to the QB. Particularly at the end of the game, when it matters most, and guys with high snap counts fade. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

Still disappointed we didn't trade back after Jones was taken. I think this is the first time I'd say that JD was asleep at the wheel. We needed something in the 3rd round this year and unless we now trade up we aren't going to get there. That could have provided us 3 more starters this year to build on what we did last year. All moot though if we get into the somewhat deep into the playoff's and nobody will be complaining. If JD is setting us up for at least 2-3 comp picks next year, then it will be worth it IMO.

Lots of folk complaining that we should have traded back.  In order to do that you need a trading partner.

1st and 2nd rounds we used all of our time on the clock.  No serious partners so they went with their board.  What else could they do?  

Get over it!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3