RB- Hall 

WR- Wilson/Davis/Lazard

TE- Ruckert

LT- Brown 

LG- Tomlinson

C- Tippman

RG- Vera Tucker

RT- Becton

I actually really like this starting unit outside of WR2.  If Garrett Wilson gets hurt, we are in deep sh!t.  Would have loved to have JSN in this wr core.

What do you guys think?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

QB- Rodgers

RB- Hall 

WR- Wilson/Davis/Lazard

TE- Ruckert

LT- Brown 

LG- Tomlinson

C- Tippman

RG- Vera Tucker

RT- Becton

I actually really like this starting unit outside of WR2.  If Garrett Wilson gets hurt, we are in deep sh!t.  Would have loved to have JSN in this wr core.

What do you guys think?

Lazard has chemistry with Rodgers and Davis knows Downings system better anyone. WR is fine. I would have loved an upgrade at TE because Conklin and Uzomah sucked last year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Wow did you guys watch any games... Conklin seriously was the only person catching balls at times... Yes he has some bad drops and fumbles... Insanity around here

Conky was abysmal last year.  We should be asking if u watched the games.  His efficiancy was abysmal and his drops cost us a game or 2.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

QB- Rodgers

RB- Hall 

WR- Wilson/Davis/Lazard

TE- Ruckert

LT- Brown 

LG- Tomlinson

C- Tippman

RG- Vera Tucker

RT- Becton

What do you guys think?

What team has so much depth at WR that if their #1 went down they wouldn’t be in trouble ? Besides Cincy and Philly maybe 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

QB- Rodgers
RB- Hall 
WR- Wilson/Davis/Lazard
TE- Ruckert
LT- Brown 
LG- Tomlinson
C- Tippman
RG- Vera Tucker
RT- Becton
What do you guys think?

Ruckert won't be starting otherwise not bad.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If Ruckert cant win the starting job over JAGS like conky and Uzomah, then Douglas missed huge w that pick.

Conklin and Uzomah are 2 of the top 10 highest paid TEs in the league... Ruckert couldn't even make it on the field... Just because the jets were on their 11th tackle and the TEs had to block because the QBs couldn't throw the ball fast enough doesn't make them jags... It also doesn't make ruckert a failed pick... Most TEs don't perform until at least year 3... 

But go on with your boring narratives... This place is insufferable at times

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Conky was abysmal last year.  We should be asking if u watched the games.  His efficiancy was abysmal and his drops cost us a game or 2.

forget what you seen last year. they have a real QB that will put the ball were its supposed to go, not twist them like a pretzel. 

guys who dropped passes last year are not going to be doing that this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Also, this isn’t enough. RB, WR and TE all underwhelm. Contenders are deep at these positions. We have 2 special players, and a collection of guys.

That's what I've been trying to say, but no one (apart from you) seems to agree with me.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So you think Brown re signed to sit on the bench or move to a brand new postion at 39 years old?

If u think Becton will be LT, please let us know what happens w brown.

Becton will be the LT, MM will be the RT. Brown is a backup. 

• WTF? 1

56 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

QB- Rodgers

RB- Hall 

WR- Wilson/Davis/Lazard

TE- Ruckert

LT- Brown 

LG- Tomlinson

C- Tippman

RG- Vera Tucker

RT- Becton

What do you guys think?

If Wilson goes down we switch to the two tight end set with Ruckert and Conklin. 

1 hour ago, LAJohn said:

Lazard has chemistry with Rodgers and Davis knows Downings system better anyone. WR is fine. I would have loved an upgrade at TE because Conklin and Uzomah sucked last year. 

Yeah but insert a QB that can actually target them and magically they are back to average the in the League.

Also the whole well is Garret gets hurt stuff...well no sh*t. If Rodgers get shurt guess what, if b hall gets hurt again guess what. 

• Sympathy 2

Ruckert is not going to start. Not with Rodgers at QB. When playing in a 3 WR set, you will need a blocking TE, so CJ or Conklin will be in. In 2 WR set, both will be in. Ruckert will be playing special teams or might be inactive, if we end up picking up Marcedes Lewis as a run blocking TE, one of the best in the league. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Becton will be the LT, MM will be the RT. Brown is a backup. 

That could be the long term plan but I don't see that happening week one. If Brown is healthy they are playing him at LT.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, LAJohn said:

The QB play had a lot to do with that. Rodgers will elevate their game

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

That could be the long term plan but I don't see that happening week one. If Brown is healthy they are playing him at LT.

100% that would be shocking unless Brown is injured.

Seeing how Becton hasn't played in 2 years and MM missed 70% of the season, it's unclear how not one but both of them are starting over Brown already.

He's probably got the OL right, except the rookie may not be starting at center just yet, at least until the team sees him in action in camp. But they didn't get so meh about a veteran center, and play such hardball with McGovern until his price dipped below $2MM, because they wanted him to start. They clearly wanted a veteran before the draft so they wouldn't be pigeonholed into trading up if there was an early run on 1-2 centers, or if someone omg fell to 43 (or near it) they didn't want to be forced into a center. And if they didn't take a center didn't want to be held over a barrel by the 2 remaining FA start-able centers.

TBH it remains to be seen if - as much as I'd want it to be so - if the team's better off with AVT being one of the two tackles and McGovern at RG with Tippman starting at C, or if it's more with the currently-expected one with the 2 best (and healthy, lol) of Brown-Becton-Mitchell at RT and the initially-better of McGovern/Tippman at C.

The good news is they have a lot of OL flexibility in particular because tackle doesn't become a liability if they need AVT to kick out to either side, and McGovern (or Schweitzer) isn't an instant liability taking his place at RG either. They're not as good, of course, but it's not like starting GVR there either. 

Without true counting camp fodder for the practice squad, unless they're down to 2nd & 3rd stringers at 3 OL spots again, heading into camp with this group of 10 they're legitimately:

• 5 deep at tackle = Brown, Becton, Mitchell, AVT, Ogbuehi
  • 5 deep at guard = AVT, Tomlinson, McGovern, Schweitzer, Colon-Castillo, Tippman*
  • 4 deep at center = Tippman, McGovern, Schweitzer, Colon-Castillo

*Technically Tippman would be guard depth only if he outright lost the starting center job, swapping someone else (likely McGovern) out of guard depth.

They could still take a tackle today who'd probably take Ogbuehi's spot, but it's not some emergency.

I'm not right now at al crying over missing a (purportedly at least somewhat) developmental OT prospect in round 1 because of the 1st round swap. Maybe I'd have preferred trading down or another position in round 1 but as of today that's a TBD assessment. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

What team has so much depth at WR that if their #1 went down they wouldn’t be in trouble ? Besides Cincy and Philly maybe 

Teams that are serious about making a legitimate run at a Super Bowl.

If the Jets don't believe they ready for that - then why bend over to get Rodgers?

If they do - then what we have right now isn't close to being there beyond G. Wilson.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

100% that would be shocking unless Brown is injured.

Seeing how Becton hasn't played in 2 years and MM missed 70% of the season, it's unclear how not one but both of them are starting over Brown already.

He's probably got the OL right, except the rookie may not be starting at center just yet, at least until the team sees him in action in camp. But they didn't get so meh about a veteran center, and play such hardball with McGovern until his price dipped below $2MM, because they wanted him to start. They clearly wanted a veteran before the draft so they wouldn't be pigeonholed into trading up if there was an early run on 1-2 centers, or if someone omg fell to 43 (or near it) they didn't want to be forced into a center. And if they didn't take a center didn't want to be held over a barrel by the 2 remaining FA start-able centers.

TBH it remains to be seen if - as much as I'd want it to be so - if the team's better off with AVT being one of the two tackles and McGovern at RG with Tippman starting at C, or if it's more with the currently-expected one with the 2 best (and healthy, lol) of Brown-Becton-Mitchell at RT and the initially-better of McGovern/Tippman at C.

The good news is they have a lot of OL flexibility in particular because tackle doesn't become a liability if they need AVT to kick out to either side, and McGovern (or Schweitzer) isn't an instant liability taking his place at RG either. They're not as good, of course, but it's not like starting GVR there either. 

Without true counting camp fodder for the practice squad, unless they're down to 2nd & 3rd stringers at 3 OL spots again, heading into camp with this group of 10 they're legitimately:

• 5 deep at tackle = Brown, Becton, Mitchell, AVT, Ogbuehi
  • 5 deep at guard = AVT, Tomlinson, McGovern, Schweitzer, Colon-Castillo, Tippman*
  • 4 deep at center = Tippman, McGovern, Schweitzer, Colon-Castillo

*Technically Tippman would be guard depth only if he outright lost the starting center job, swapping someone else (likely McGovern) out of guard depth.

They could still take a tackle today who'd probably take Ogbuehi's spot, but it's not some emergency.

I'm not right now at al crying over missing a (purportedly at least somewhat) developmental OT prospect in round 1 because of the 1st round swap. Maybe I'd have preferred trading down or another position in round 1 but as of today that's a TBD assessment. 

AVT should not be Tackle depth.  Maybe in an emergency situation like last year - but shouldn't even be listed in normal depth.  He's a Guard and should stay there.

• Upvote 1