Jets draft grades from multiple outlets

AFJF

Just now, slats said:

You posted this in the draft thread, and I could not disagree with you more. I think I would lost my proverbial **** if the Jets drafted a TE in the first round. When it comes to positional value, only QB is ranked higher than edge while TE battles it out for the bottom with RB and safety. There’s a reason he was still there at #25. Kelce was a third round pick. That’s where you draft TEs. 

Imagine passing on Kelce and posting this...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

All you can judge a draft on the day after the draft is strategery and approach. 

Anyone getting caught up in value or “steals” based on rankings and opinions has never looked at a draft 3 years down the line. 

my favorite pick is Tippmann.  If I knew he was a pulling center that gave up 1 sack in 500 pass sets I would have been banging the table for him. I get the McDonald pick. 

JD tried to improve pass rush and pass protection.  Tried to get a home run hitting back and some special teams players. 

the idea was a good one. Who knows what any of these guys will do. 

There really wasn’t one pick that didn’t make sense.  The problem with this draft was that the talent was weak at the top.  With about 15 or so first round graded talents, allegedly, it changed how teams drafted.  That’s why there were so many trades at the top but then it more or less stopped.  When was the last time there were no wrs taken in the top 15?  Even the qbs sucked this draft.  

I also think if the jets had stayed at 13 the Steelers were still jumping ahead of them, they were desperate.  The jets clearly had a plan B, which was BAP in round 1, likely an edge, and C in round 2.  They had a killer day 3.  So in the end, they really did upgrade the talent, added playmakers, addressed needs and helped rodgers.  All without a 3rd rounder. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

All you can judge a draft on the day after the draft is strategery and approach. 

Anyone getting caught up in value or “steals” based on rankings and opinions has never looked at a draft 3 years down the line. 

my favorite pick is Tippmann.  If I knew he was a pulling center that gave up 1 sack in 500 pass sets I would have been banging the table for him. I get the McDonald pick. 

JD tried to improve pass rush and pass protection.  Tried to get a home run hitting back and some special teams players. 

the idea was a good one. Who knows what any of these guys will do. 

I agree with the bolded - 100% accurate.

I don't agree that JD accomplished this.  I believe the strategy was seriously flawed.  

I should say - from the way he's managing the off-season he did exactly what he wanted to.  But I also believe paying what we paid for Rodgers and not doing EVERYTHING you can to make the team better THIS year is the wrong strategy.

Had we signed Carr for no draft capital and $25mm a year for 3 years - I would give this draft an B+

Under the circumstances I give it a D

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, JiF said:

Wow, talk about sensitive.   Posts a moronic article, gets told how stupid it is and then runs around the interwebz to say, see I told you!

lmfao 

holy sh*t

Sorry jif, but are you not the same person who changed his name to lamarjif, changed his avatar to lamar Jackson, and spent much of this offseason scouring the board for any negative comments about Lamar so that you could downvote them (how very grown up of you) and then claimed "I'm not a Lamar fan boy" when you got laughed at?

Sorry there are other draft grades out there that differ form your opinion.

Maybe got to each individual site and see if you can down vote them too...LOL.

• Upvote 1

overall meh.  If the Jets were developing players better the raw athletes might be more exciting to me.  

JD got  crushed on the OTs.   Missed on the first rounders due to the swap.  

The he missed on the 2 really high ceiling OTs who were still on the board to start the 4th.

Wait and see time but I’m not in love with the draft today.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

You don't pass the next Kelce for a situational pass rusher.... 

Not only did you pass on Kelce, Douglas's hubris led to buffalo getting the next Kelce....

Josh Allen is high fiving Beane 

Why don’t you just say he’s the next gronk? None of these guys has set foot in an nfl game so you really can’t say this guy is the next that guy and so on. For all we know Macdonald may turn out to be the ext LT.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Sorry jif, but are you not the same person who changed his name to lamarjif, changed his avatar to lamar Jackson, and spent much of this offseason scouring the board for any negative comments about Lamar so that you could downvote them (how very grown up of you) and then claimed "I'm not a Lamar fan boy" when you got laughed at?

Sorry there are other draft grades out there that differ form your opinion.

Maybe got to each individual site and see if you can down vote them too...LOL.

My desire to sign Lamar Jackson and down voting stupid narratives about the player has nothing to do w/ you being an overly sensitive twat. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 5

Anyone who loves our draft is awesome, anyone who hates it is a jerk. 

Just wanted to sum up every post for next 3 weeks, thanks. 

As far as my opinion, no clue, only guy I called was tippmann in rd2 so I'm happy about that. I also wanted KT over sauce last year so I'm an idiot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, JiF said:

My desire to sign Lamar Jackson and down voting stupid narratives about the player has nothing to do w/ you being an overly sensitive twat. 

No, it shows how hilariously hypocritical and disconnected from reality you are. 

As an adult, I don't know that I've ever "down voted" or felt the need to "down vote" anyone for anything other than busting chops.  And I may not have even done that.

I mean, I've met you.  I know you're not a teenager.  I don't think we're that far apart in age.  Yet here you are, a grwn ass man, using a feature that I would imagine is in place to draw in the younger crowd or to give frustrated crybabies a way to lash out when somebody dare to disagree with them.

And then, after 10,000 of them, you have the nerve to call somebody else "sensitive" for coming in to your echo chamber to show you that perhaps there is more than one perspective on how the draft played out.

I know, I know.  The nerve of me to disagree with you on TWO topics. 

Quick...better down vote this one too.  Oh, and the one before it.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

No, it shows how hilariously hypocritical and disconnected from reality you are. 

As an adult, I don't know that I've ever "down voted" or felt the need to "down vote" anyone for anything other than busting chops.  And I may not have even done that.

I mean, I've met you.  I know you're not a teenager.  I don't think we're that far apart in age.  Yet here you are, a grwn ass man, using a feature that I would imagine is in place to draw in the younger crowd or to give frustrated crybabies a way to lash out when somebody dare to disagree with them.

And then, after 10,000 of them, you have the nerve to call somebody else "sensitive" for coming in to your echo chamber to show you that perhaps there is more than one perspective on how the draft played out.

I know, I know.  The nerve of me to disagree with you on TWO topics. 

Quick...better down vote this one too.  Oh, and the one before it.

You cant handle criticism and down votes?  Would you like a tampon? 

• Haha 2

Forgetting the F and the A; the New York media gave Jets C,  Nationwide gave them a B. The NY media just slams the jets all of the time. If you look in NE, everything BB does is genius. He always gets the benefit of the doubt despite the past 5 years' drafting and 2 years of performance.

JD never gets the benefit regardless of last years' draft.

Also, the draft grades do not include adjusting for trading players for picks; if you have more picks you get a better draft grade. It is all irrelevant anyway. At this point it is done - it is just a question of waiting to see how the things pan out.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

You cant handle criticism and down votes?  Would you like a tampon? 

It's not a matter of not being able to handle them.  It's a matter of trying to figure out what goes on in the mind of a grown up who feels the need to use them.  It's seriously weird.  Which is why I noticed it because when we interacted in the past you came across as a funny but also normal person.

This thing with using a childish little feature to combat people for not wanting Lamar Jackson was what I would have expected if I were discussing this with a 12-year-old.

Seriously.  Think about how old you are for a minute and the way you're responding to people not agreeing with you.  You can't honestly think it's a normal thing.

1 hour ago, slats said:

Did you really include your own grade in your “analysis” here? Science! 

I’ll have to search for that Sporting News article, sounds awesome. 

I included it.  Then I took it out.  Then I added it back in. 

Why?

Because I 100% guarantee you that if I hadn't, some other a$$hole would have said "Oh, you conveniently left out the grade you gave them?  What, don't stand by it anymore"?

So had to choose between the guy who asks why I'm not standing by my grade vs the guy who would inevitably say "oh my god you ego maniac, did you really put YOUR grade in there too"?

I chose the latter.