Jets draft grades from multiple outlets

AFJF

3 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

You don't pass the next Kelce for a situational pass rusher.... 

Not only did you pass on Kelce, Douglas's hubris led to buffalo getting the next Kelce....

Josh Allen is high fiving Beane 

This chick has the weirdest takes, when did she start posting here so much?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The pick at 15 killed it for me….like wtf are you doing 

tipman was better

Rotational injured tackle from pitt? Let’s see

liked the rb from pitt

the rest are all lottery tickets 

Ironically Kevin who has had some of the longest standing bad takes around here was the next post I read after Kelly’s 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

I give it  D and it reminds me of joes first draft 

his first pick was brutal- nobody here was hoping for Joes pick (only after the fact trying to hype him up ) - you don’t use a first on a part time player at best

JSN should have been the pick without question 

Hoping as in hoping who might fall to us and grabbing him or as in seeing who has fallen to us?  Talking about the former is just silly so I'll pass on that.  As for the latter, who did your "nobody" want at 15?  A slot WR who kept on falling and who this team has no need of?  A TE which no-one in their right mind takes this early?  Trade back; I do believe he tried that.    

Your choice wasn't THE MOVE either pal, IMHO :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Multiple outlets and their grades of the Jets draft.

PFF: A+

Mel Kiper: B

Chad Reuter: B

Sports Illustrated: B-

WaPo: B-

JetNation: C

NY Post: C

SNY: C-

Sporting News: F

1 A

1 F

4 B's

3 C's

Sounds about right.

Further proof that no one knows anything.

What a waste of time and energy.

35 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So what do we do now?  Agree that PFF is right most of the time but can sometimes be off by a little bit?

I’m not getting the argument here.  I made a simple comment, have criticized or propped up any opinion

33 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The pick at 15 killed it for me….like wtf are you doing 

tipman was better

Rotational injured tackle from pitt? Let’s see

liked the rb from pitt

the rest are all lottery tickets 

they are all lottery tickets, dude.

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The team is deep and this draft was weak.  I'm not sure anyone drafted at 15 was going to start unless they reached for a non premium position. 

Hopefully this kid is a beast. 

Why not just trade #13 to GB for AR then and call it a trade?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

I would give the draft a B - B+. The only disputable pick IMO is McDonald… but the more you watch and read about this guy, the more you have to like him. I think he’s going to be a really effective pass rusher when it’s all said and done. The Jets were a great pass rushing team in 2022 but had issues closing - McDonald is a closer. It seems like a luxury pick now but that tune will change when it comes time to play Burrow and Mahomes in the playoffs like everybody thinks. The blueprint to beat them is clear.

Tippman is an A+ pick.

All in all it’s hard to replicate the excitement of last year and when you head into a draft with little to no dire needs on the roster, you’re probably not going to come away with 4 immediate starters…

After reading this post I'm upgrading my opinion.  Thanks :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I give the draft a C.  It cant be any higher when you botch the 1st round pick as bad as Joe did.

If he drafted JSN at 15, its an A.

We are on the same page the first was botched like he did taking Becton over wirfs and drafting Zach 

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Did I say anything about last year's draft? I don't recall doing that.

And I did admit I was wrong.  I expected them to try to win this year.  Clearly that's not the goal and a fair number of folks are on board with that.  To each his own.

Are there a whole lot of draft reviews listed here and in your post?  Well how am I supposed to comment on something you cited in your post?  

Also, if we’re reviewing this years draft and potential 1st year starters, you reviewers need to include Rodgers.  Draft position and a 2nd were used on Rodgers and I’m guessing he sees significant playing time. 

3 hours ago, slats said:

You posted this in the draft thread, and I could not disagree with you more. I think I would lost my proverbial **** if the Jets drafted a TE in the first round. When it comes to positional value, only QB is ranked higher than edge while TE battles it out for the bottom with RB and safety. There’s a reason he was still there at #25. Kelce was a third round pick. That’s where you draft TEs. 

its gonna be funny when kuntz ends up being better than kincaid

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

I give it  D and it reminds me of joes first draft 

his first pick was brutal- nobody here was hoping for Joes pick (only after the fact trying to hype him up ) - you don’t use a first on a part time player at best

JSN should have been the pick without question 

But JSN projects as a slot WR - likely a “part time player” in year 1 

• Upvote 3

Just now, neckdemon said:

i'll bet you he makes the team....dude is a 6.8" fast af matchup nightmare in the passing game. easily makes the team over kenny yeboah at the very least. 

maybe bc yeboah hasn't shown much, but the kid left penn state for a small school and was drafted in 7th round of a terrible draft for a reason.

2 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

maybe bc yeboah hasn't shown much, but the kid left penn state for a small school and was drafted in 7th round of a terrible draft for a reason.

anyway i was just saying its gonan be funny if it happens. not that it WILL happen. point remians i bet kuntz makes the team.....maybe even over ruckert who probably sucks too

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

But here's the thing: Doing everything you can to help Rodgers does not necessarily mean reaching at 15 for another OT, or a WR from this class.  

Helping Rodgers might indeed be adding to a pass-rush to make it dominant, meaning the defense gets off the field more and putting the ball in Rodgers hand, which is what we want.

How many times over the past decade have we seen long sustained drives by opposing offences because the pass rush can't get there on 3rd and 8?  If this guy can help change that, he will be helping our offense by getting them on the field more. 

Agree with this would also add some of the hypocrisy some complain about JD over paying for Rogers yet wanted him to as some put it take 75 cents on the dollar for a trade back.