Jets draft grades from multiple outlets

AFJF

46 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If he gets 9 sacks the Jets are going to be unbelievably good.  I was talking to someone today and I said he is either a 12 sack a year guy or not in the league long. I am okay with the swing for the fences.

I don’t mind big swings at high impact positions. If he was a slam dunk no way he lasts to 15. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I was so struck by him stating that he didn’t get a college scholarship, he was going to join the Army. Whatever it takes to create a better life for himself. Blue collar mentality with a life perspective beyond his years.

America’s enemies are glad this guy got that scholarship. Imagine him leaping over tanks and climbing up the sides of buildings to get at the bad guys.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Mecole Hardman is an elite weapon? Seriously?

The hype on hardman is hysterical he was the chiefs wr 6 last year in yards ( yes he missed time but when healthy he was avg at best )and it was so bad the chiefs traded for tonei - he was so elite the chiefs let him walk and joe loved him so much he got a one year deal. His best season with the chiefs was average at best with the leagues best qb 

He is basically berrios type of player 

JSN had a 1600 yard season with 9 tds in college and guys are comparing hardman to him like hardman did that in college or has been tearing up the pros 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

The hype on hardman is hysterical he was the chiefs wr 6 last year in yards ( yes he missed time but when healthy he was avg at best )and it was so bad the chiefs traded for tonei - he was so elite the chiefs let him walk and joe loved him so much he got a one year deal. His best season with the chiefs was average at best with the leagues best qb 

JSN had a 1600 yard season with 9 tds in college and guys are comparing hardman to him like hardman did that in college or has been tearing up the pros 

Amen.

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

America’s enemies are glad this guy got that scholarship. Imagine him leaping over tanks and climbing up the sides of buildings to get at the bad guys.

To certain posters, who will go unnamed, Joe Douglas is an enemy of America and a bad, bad man. McD can be their inside assassin.

assassins creed GIF

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kmnj said:

You mean this guy? They were letting Hardman walk because they have a $50mil QB, Chris Jones and Kelce coming up on new contracts. Toney on rookie deal.

image.thumb.png.4f6ba03978fd331495b9e396038653d3.png

He’ll be early Randall Cobb player for Jets. He was promised a bigger role in offense with Jets.

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Long time Jets basher Evan Silva gave the Jets an A while killing everyone else:

Overview: Aaron Rodgers is included in this haul, significantly boosting Gang Green’s draft grade. The Jets started off with two first-round talents in McDonald and Tippmann, the former of whom is an insane edge-bending athlete, and the latter of whom is ready to start day one at center. 6’6/314 with nearly 36-inch arms, Warren started at left tackle all four years for the Panthers but missed most of 2022 with a meniscus injury. Abanikanda was a straight-linish homerun hitter at Pitt, drawing comparisons to Tevin Coleman. I can’t believe the Jets stole Kuntz in the seventh round; the Penn State transfer banked the top composite athleticism score of any tight end at the Combine – in an historically great tight end class.

Grade: A

cosmo kramer pimp GIF

4 hours ago, JETS SB said:

The same BB who drafted a punter and a kicker and has done nothing without Tom Brady. Gotcha. 

This is beyond dumb. It was Belicheck who drafted Brady who was nothing and no more than a blip on the screen.  It was Belicheck who developed him, believed in him and gave him a shot. It was Belicheck who started him in the SB even though Bledsoe won the playoff game to get them in.  The rest is history. As much as I depsise them all, they both have to be credited with an incredible run.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

You mean this guy? They were letting Hardman walk because they have a $50mil QB, Chris Jones and Kelce coming up on new contracts. Toney on rookie deal.

image.thumb.png.4f6ba03978fd331495b9e396038653d3.png

He’ll be early Randall Cobb player for Jets. He was promised a bigger role in offense with Jets.

Lol they let him go because he was not productive - hardman with jets 4,5 million guaranteed one year plus bonus 

It is is also borderline criminal to compare JSN to him which many are doing here 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

If he was KC would never let him go in the first place.

Of course not  and lol guy saying it was the money lol

he is this years 

Breshad Perriman 

All of a sudden he is elite the hype is strong with him 

I hope he does well but let’s not make him out to be someone he is not 

5 hours ago, kmnj said:

It is insane what people are saying

If Hardman was half the player folks say joe would have locked him up for 5 years as he is still young 

5 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

If he was KC would never let him go in the first place.

Yeah KC would never let a good WR go

01713373-9F9F-4A5C-BC5D-5FF7AE0D8204.thumb.jpeg.f1dce165ed7b2fb7fbcce12e5dc229b0.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

This is beyond dumb. It was Belicheck who drafted Brady who was nothing and no more than a blip on the screen.  It was Belicheck who developed him, believed in him and gave him a shot. It was Belicheck who started him in the SB even though Bledsoe won the playoff game to get them in.  The rest is history. As much as I depsise them all, they both have to be credited with an incredible run.  

Yes, people love to say Belichick got lucky drafting Brady but then excuse terrible Jets QB busts because “Jets failed to develop them.” It’s just the emotions of fandom poking out yet again.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kmnj said:

Lol they let him go because he was not productive - hardman with jets 4,5 million guaranteed one year plus bonus 

It is is also borderline criminal to compare JSN to him which many are doing here 

You mean just like the Giants paying Toney to play on another team? He was a cancer on the Giants always complaining 

Hardman had no problems performing, it was an issue of targets. Anyway, JSN is gone, time to move on and support the players and staff of the ‘23 Jets

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, AFJF said:

Multiple outlets and their grades of the Jets draft.

PFF: A+

Mel Kiper: B

Chad Reuter: B

Sports Illustrated: B-

WaPo: B-

JetNation: C

NY Post: C

SNY: C-

Sporting News: F

1 A

1 F

4 B's

3 C's

Sounds about right.

Sporting News gives an "F"?   F - them!  If I had a subscription to that rag, I'd cancel it immediately. 

On 4/30/2023 at 8:10 AM, Charlie Brown said:

It was a very good B Draft..

Im not quite sure what folks who down grade the draft wanted with limited draft capital.  

The goal isn’t to draft the flashy player but what your team needs.  

Did the Pats shaft the Jets, Yes, but that is hardly JD’s fault, was he not supposed to acquire AR?

At the end of the day the Jets addressed immediate needs and depth in this draft and that is all you can ask a competent GM to do. 

Agreed with less than 1/2 the number of picks as some teams had we hopefully added some depth.

I have no idea how far we will get this year (playoffs as a minimum), but I do know teams are going to respect us for the first time in a long time.

I would also love for us to get a little payback by destroying Bellicheat and the Pats each time we play them this year.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Ayer hates the jets historically

Look like he moved it to a D

32. New York Jets

• Grade: D

Draft picks: EDGE Will McDonald IV, G/C Joe Tippmann, OT Carter Warren, RB Israel Abanikanda, LB Zaire Barnes, CB Jerrick Bernard-Converse, TE Zach Kuntz

Analysis: The Jets crushed the 2022 NFL Draft with GM Joe Douglas and coach Robert Saleh, topped by Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall. They were bound to struggle a bit with limited draft capital after the Aaron Rodgers trade. McDonald was a strange pass-rush depth reach in Round 1. Tippmann was their best pick, but he could be a reserve at first. Warren doesn't give them a needed starting option at offensive tackle.

Abanikanda was solid but not necessary. Barnes and Bernard-Converse were total wild cards. Kuntz was a bit superfluous late, too. There also was nary a wide receiver. They will need to hope they are ready to win big now with Rodgers mostly with what they already had.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-draft-grades-2023-best-worst-classes/renlvvjn6ynaltohxjoz37yv

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Look like he moved it to a D

32. New York Jets

• Grade: D

Draft picks: EDGE Will McDonald IV, G/C Joe Tippmann, OT Carter Warren, RB Israel Abanikanda, LB Zaire Barnes, CB Jerrick Bernard-Converse, TE Zach Kuntz

Analysis: The Jets crushed the 2022 NFL Draft with GM Joe Douglas and coach Robert Saleh, topped by Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall. They were bound to struggle a bit with limited draft capital after the Aaron Rodgers trade. McDonald was a strange pass-rush depth reach in Round 1. Tippmann was their best pick, but he could be a reserve at first. Warren doesn't give them a needed starting option at offensive tackle.

Abanikanda was solid but not necessary. Barnes and Bernard-Converse were total wild cards. Kuntz was a bit superfluous late, too. There also was nary a wide receiver. They will need to hope they are ready to win big now with Rodgers mostly with what they already had.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-draft-grades-2023-best-worst-classes/renlvvjn6ynaltohxjoz37yv

Extra credit applied and the curve was calculated.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, kmnj said:

Of course not  and lol guy saying it was the money lol

he is this years 

Breshad Perriman 

All of a sudden he is elite the hype is strong with him 

I hope he does well but let’s not make him out to be someone he is not 

3 different Fonts in 5 sentences... impressive. The FONT is strong with you!

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Those 35” arms & 85” wingspan should help with creating fumbles, deflecting passes and taking down the QB

image.thumb.png.52d8ade16ce1765e1171130b6e315dbf.png

If he gets a strip sack that leads to a victory, I'll be happy. Think about it, last year we just needed  one more win to make the playoffs. "one more win" in 2023 could potentially equal home field advantage in the playoffs. Now if Jarrick Bernard Converse works out at Safety, the Jets defense can dramatically improve the turnover ratio, considering we now have a QB who doesn't throw mindless interceptions.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

3 different Fonts in 5 sentences... impressive. The FONT is strong with you!

The butt hurt at JetNation over passing on JSN is unbelievable, and this is coming from someone who wanted JSN. After taking time to absorb all the information, I understand why Joe Douglas drafted Will McDonald IV. Edge is one of the most important positions on the field, and this kid is a "game wrecker" as Robert Saleh called him. IF this pick is a homerun, this will be two years in a row Joe Douglas has gotten a great player from Iowa State.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The butt hurt at JetNation over passing on JSN is unbelievable, and this is coming from someone who wanted JSN. After taking time to absorb all the information, I understand why Joe Douglas drafted Will McDonald IV. Edge is one of the most important positions on the field, and this kid is a "game wrecker" as Robert Saleh called him. IF this pick is a homerun, this will be two years in a row Joe Douglas has gotten a great player from Iowa State.

Everyone thinks that b/c JSN went to OSU he’s a garrett wilson clone.  Yet in a crappy draft no wrs went top 15.  These wrs are not great.

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Yes, people love to say Belichick got lucky drafting Brady but then excuse terrible Jets QB busts because “Jets failed to develop them.” It’s just the emotions of fandom poking out yet again.

Belicheck saw in Brady exactly what Walsh saw in Montana - that special IT factor, leadership, moxie, attitutde, making that play under pressure in the last minute.  Thats just a special quality few have. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Long time Jets basher Evan Silva gave the Jets an A while killing everyone else:

Overview: Aaron Rodgers is included in this haul, significantly boosting Gang Green’s draft grade. The Jets started off with two first-round talents in McDonald and Tippmann, the former of whom is an insane edge-bending athlete, and the latter of whom is ready to start day one at center. 6’6/314 with nearly 36-inch arms, Warren started at left tackle all four years for the Panthers but missed most of 2022 with a meniscus injury. Abanikanda was a straight-linish homerun hitter at Pitt, drawing comparisons to Tevin Coleman. I can’t believe the Jets stole Kuntz in the seventh round; the Penn State transfer banked the top composite athleticism score of any tight end at the Combine – in an historically great tight end class.

Grade: A

I use ETR for FF and have a lot of respect for Silva. I don't know how good he is at evaluating college talent but he's a beast in the FF world.