NFL schedule release targeted for May 11

Larz

I always look at the road games in Miami and Buffalo first. You don’t want to go to Miami in September or buffalo in January.  

Then it’s road trips on Thursday. Those stink. 

then it’s the bye week. Preferably around week 9 or 10 but you never know if it’s going to come at a good time or not. Unfortunately, so far Salehs team has been getting blown out after the bye. 

predictions:   Week 18 will be buffalo, pray it’s a home game.  Chiefs game Monday night.  Opener on 9/11 vs giants. Maybe cheaters. If the opener is a “road” game the week 18 game should be a home game 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Larz said:

I always look at the road games in Miami and Buffalo first. You don’t want to go to Miami in September or buffalo in January.  

Then it’s road trips on Thursday. Those stink. 

then it’s the bye week. Preferably around week 9 or 10 but you never know if it’s going to come at a good time or not. Unfortunately, so far Salehs team has been getting blown out after the bye. 

predictions:   Week 18 will be buffalo, pray it’s a home game.  Chiefs game Monday night.  Opener on 9/11 vs giants. Maybe cheaters. If the opener is a “road” game the week 18 game should be a home game 

Green Bay is just as cold as Buffalo.  I'll take our chances with AR.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Green Bay is just as cold as Buffalo.  I'll take our chances with AR.

This is a new and interesting gnashing of teeth about Rodgers.

Just guys desperate to be proven right about terrible Zach Wilson.

Impossible to be against the Rodgers trade otherwise.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

We will probably get at least 3 maybe more outside of the Thursday game. Gotta think Sep 11 will be Jets Giants in primetime

Yes, a few prime time games, but I’m talking about the Fox and CBS game of the week.  It will be us almost every week with the schedule we have.  Lots of marquee matchups.  Expect a lot of 4pm games. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Yes, a few prime time games, but I’m talking about the Fox and CBS game of the week.  It will be us almost every week with the schedule we have.  Lots of marquee matchups.  Expect a lot of 4pm games. 

Hadn't thought of that. Maybe. I am so used to only 10am PST/1PM EST games. We get the HOF game and I gotta think the NFL will do all they can for us to be on Hard Knocks. Our team will get so much exposure.

... Adding to the intrigue will be the sudden interest in the  ? Jets ? , a team that hasn’t played on NBC since the buttfumble game of Thanksgiving 2012. Now, every network will want as many Jets games as it can get — especially with so many great games on the schedule.

---rest of above article  > https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/30/next-up-nfl-regular-season-schedule-release/

Peter King makes guesses about Giants, Eagles and Jets ahead of NFL schedule release

• Updated: May. 01, 2023, 6:04 a.m.|
  • Published: May. 01, 2023, 6:03 a.m.

--- 

Also, he believe the Jets, with QB Aaron Rodgers will open the season on Sunday or Monday night.In Monday’s Football Morning in America column, King wrote:

... with the schedule due to be announced the second week of May — in other words, next week — this is the column, maybe nine or 10 days out, when I usually have a good feeling about some of the tentpole games. This year, I have no gut feeling about any of them, except maybe the Black Friday game. The first game ever on Friday afternoon after Thanksgiving is a very big deal for Amazon on the biggest shopping day of the year. I think the leader in the clubhouse for that game is Eagles-Giants. Absolutely not set in stone, though. As for the other biggies, the three primetime games in week one, I don’t know KC’s foe on the opening Thursday night at Arrowhead. I think, and this is based only on logic, that   ?  Aaron Rodgers and the Jets will play Sunday night on NBC or Monday night on ESPN,  ?   but I can’t tell you the opponent. And for the two doubleheader games (Fox, CBS) in the week one 4:25 p.m. window, I don’t have any feel there either. As far as the opener, the biggest point is that a competitive game is probably more important than the opponent; the NFL needs to find an opponent that keeps the game close into the fourth quarter. But the ratings will be good in any game featuring Patrick Mahomes.

rest of above article  > https://www.nj.com/giants/2023/05/peter-king-makes-guesses-about-giants-eagles-and-jets-ahead-of-nfl-schedule-release.html

I haven’t cared much in recent years about exact dates for Jets games this far in advance, but obviously this season is different.  For those who follow such things closely, do we usually get reliable leaks in advance or do we have to wait until it officially comes out? Thanks. 

According to a report from the German Bild newspaper the two NFL games in Germany for 2023 will see the Kansas City Chiefs vs. the Chicago Bears and the New England Patriots vs. the New Orleans Saints.

Per the report, the two games will be played at Deutsche Bank Park in Frankfurt. The games will be played in consecutive weeks, on Nov. 10 and Nov. 19. The AFC clubs, the Chiefs and Patriots, will be the “home” teams.

The report also added that the Chiefs are expected to play a 2024 game against the Carolina Panthers in Munich, though that hasn’t been confirmed.

51 minutes ago, Tooooon said:

I haven’t cared much in recent years about exact dates for Jets games this far in advance, but obviously this season is different.  For those who follow such things closely, do we usually get reliable leaks in advance or do we have to wait until it officially comes out? Thanks. 

Yeah it's more important this year for sure...I have to know the dates i have to pretend to be sick so as not to miss any games because I have to go over the in-laws house for sunday dinner.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I'm gonna be pissed if it's the Jets at Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

If so, HELLO NEWARK, I've missed you!

Lots of changes Sarge.

No more BranchBrook pools.

Ed from Ed's hot dogs passed away so they are gone.

Possibly JJ's is still there 

• Upvote 1