Knicks - Heat

I didn't  want to post right away becaise I was really pissed off at Randle after the game but after some reflection, I get it that Randle got us to where we are today and he was an important part of the regular season, but in a game 6 elimination game, you can't  shoot 3 of 14 and make one 3 all night. I think Randle needs a new team at this point. The Knicks might be able to get a 3 point shooter who isn't a liability on D for him. Not sure who that is since the NBA cap is pretty complicated and don't know what FA players will be available, but it's  a piece we need. During the regular season, we had guys like Brunson shooting about 40% from 3, I think The team was about 30% but that went down into the 20's during the playoffs. We need a guy that is a real threat to shoot 3's. Also, Randel gets a lot of heat about being a black hole but is this a guy you really want passing the ball? In all this time, Randle still can't  pass out of the double team and is consistently  sloppy with the ball when backing into the paint against a double. In short, if you want to short circuit  his game, just throw an extra player at him. Also, that turnover by Brunson was all Randle. Brunson was doubled on that play and Randel was late coming over, really late. I was screaming, where is his help?

As far as Barrett, he is what he is. He isn't a shooter but he is effective driving into the paint and getting to the rim. He is young and I would not give up on him yet.  He might develop a shooting game at some point but it's  pretty obvious  he isn't  star material and will remain a role player which is ok. It's  just not ok for where he was picked in the draft. 

Lastly Thibs. Not sure if it was his fault he stuck with the rotation he did. Rose and Fournier barely played all season and playing them in an elimination  game would have been weird considering that but getting Rose some playing time at the end of the season would have helped considering Quickly going down. Rose was a super star caliber player. Fournier would have been a rediculous  insert. The guy can shoot but is a total liability  on defense. That said, Thibs need to have guys on the bench more ready to play. 

13 hours ago, section314 said:

Randle signing was horrible. Like Shaq said at halftime of game 5, “ you can’t have a guy like Randle who thinks he’s great to play “ just OK” Great players, like Shaq, know who are frauds. Also  it seems like Thibs has taken them as far as he can. Decent coach  not great by any means.

Elimination game and he’s jogging back on defense.  Losing player. Keep Thibs. They Knicks outplayed their talent level. He’s the best coach the Knicks have had since JVG.

13 hours ago, section314 said:

Randle signing was horrible. Like Shaq said at halftime of game 5, “ you can’t have a guy like Randle who thinks he’s great to play “ just OK” Great players, like Shaq, know who are frauds. Also  it seems like Thibs has taken them as far as he can. Decent coach  not great by any means.

Double