Need three years to grade a draft? Ok then lets grade it!

Damn hall was great surprise. Wish becton could have avoided all these missed time the jury is still out of he or mims can salvage their disappointijg starts. Crap draft but at least there is a chance it could turn decent. If becton can start this year and play well that would be something, but the draft would still suck. Damn 

The funny thing to me is right after it happened I got called a troll for saying the Morgan, Davis and Mann picks were dumb, and that Becton was the wrong pick for the OL

I won’t lie though, I was calling for Zuniga in the draft thread, and even predicted where we’d take him. I thought he’d be really good. ?

• Upvote 3

I wouldn't give it an F. I'd probably grade it similar to this last draft. C+ ish. We're being too harsh on Becton. If I recall, his rookie year was really good. Yes, he called out on plays when he got winded, and got a chest boo-boo that set him back a bit. But I recall vids being made of 'Highway 77' plowing open lanes, and LBs getting pancaked. We all had high hopes for his 2nd season, then injury. Then another injury. It's almost like his 2nd and 3rd season never happened, and he's going into his 2nd season now. And very slimmed down and motivated.

Becton could easily end 2023 on the probowl as one of the best tackles in the entire nfl. And let's give Mims a season with AR throwing to him. I realize Aaron won't throw to a WR he doesn't have belief in, and if Mims drops a pass or two or runs the wrong route resulting in an int, he may never get thrown too again the rest of the season. And isn't Morgan lighting Canadian FB on FIRE!!!! lol

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2

And there’s a decent chance that Mims, Davis and Hall might not be on the opening day roster.

The Jets are almost assuredly going to bring in Randall Cobb eventually, so where does that leave Mims, who doesn’t play specials and has damn near as many penalties as catches during his time here?

The Jets free up over $3 million if they cut Davis.

Hall has been completely buried and surpassed by Echols. See if you can get a late 2024 pick for him.

7 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Becton could go to the pro-bowl for the next 10 years and people will still be hating on JD's draft.

It was a crappy draft. Becton turning it around would make it more palatable, but it was bad. I am willing to give him a mulligan for 3 reasons:

1. It was his first draft

2. It was the first draft without a combine; this sucks, but I think it is harder on newer GMs than experienced ones.

3. he was drafting for a different CS - one who brought him in

Again, not making excuses, the draft was poor, but the above reasons allow me to give him a pass on the 2020 draft.

You kinda are making excuses though, no?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

And there’s a decent chance that Mims, Davis and Hall might not be on the opening day roster.

The Jets are almost assuredly going to bring in Randall Cobb eventually, so where does that leave Mims, who doesn’t play specials and has damn near as many penalties as catches during his time here?

Hall has been completely buried and surpassed by Echols. See if you can get a late 2024 pick for him.

Mims is like a cockroach he will always survive.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

You kinda are making excuses though, no?

Not excusing the draft - giving him a mulligan - by definition, a mulligan is the 'I screwed that up, but I want another chance'. So, not excusing it - it was bad; just willing to overlook it - you only get one mulligan though...

4 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

I wouldn't give it an F. I'd probably grade it similar to this last draft. C+ ish. We're being too harsh on Becton. If I recall, his rookie year was really good. Yes, he called out on plays when he got winded, and got a chest boo-boo that set him back a bit. But I recall vids being made of 'Highway 77' plowing open lanes, and LBs getting pancaked. We all had high hopes for his 2nd season, then injury. Then another injury. It's almost like his 2nd and 3rd season never happened, and he's going into his 2nd season now. And very slimmed down and motivated.

Becton could easily end 2023 on the probowl as one of the best tackles in the entire nfl. And let's give Mims a season with AR throwing to him. I realize Aaron won't throw to a WR he doesn't have belief in, and if Mims drops a pass or two or runs the wrong route resulting in an int, he may never get thrown too again the rest of the season. And isn't Morgan lighting Canadian FB on FIRE!!!! lol

You would be a wonderful person to work for, my friend!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Not excusing the draft - giving him a mulligan - by definition, a mulligan is the 'I screwed that up, but I want another chance'. So, not excusing it - it was bad; just willing to overlook it - you only get one mulligan though...

Not if you play by the rules. Play the ball down, and the course as you find it. ?

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Anything is possible, but Mims only makes 1.3 million this year. And Mims started playing ST last year. I would also expect that Mims might be helped the most by AR and Hackett.

• Upvote 2