Bill Belichick Reportedly Tried To Screw Over 1 NFL Franchise - THE JETS

4 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Yet we traded with this SOB in the 4th round. Can't wait until we destroy them.

JD was probably thinking this whole “Bill is trying to screw the Jets” stuff is just a bunch of nonsense spouted by fans, and fueled by internet nobodies looking for clicks.

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We were probably thinking this whole “Bill is trying to screw the Jets” stuff is just a bunch of nonsense spouted by fans, and fueled by internet nobodies looking for clicks.

I'd like to believe our GM is not that naive.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You said it yourself… He made the trade with them a day later, didn’t he?

True, but JD can't mix business with personal. Probably felt 4th round deal made sense for us if he got the guy he wanted after trading back. Plus @football guy guy said in another thread that we had WMD ranked higher than Jones but just put more of a premium on the OT (LT) position vs. DE/edge

Just needs to file that one away for future reference. Payback will be a b*tch

• Upvote 3

Just now, KINGDIRK said:

I don’t like the narrative that BB screwed us again. What if Broderick Jones is a JAG and McDonald becomes a 9 sacks per year type player. Then BB tried to fuk us but did us a favor. 

For some reason, everyone is assuming Jones (4th OL taken) is automatically going to be an All Pro. Not exactly sure why. Let’s see this play out a little. 

100%

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

True, but JD can't mix business with personal. Probably felt 4th round deal made sense for us if he got the guy he wanted after trading back. Plus @football guy guy said in another thread that we had WMD ranked higher than Jones but just put more of a premium on the OT (LT) position vs. DE/edge

Just needs to file that one away for future reference. Payback will be a b*tch

I think you’re making much ado about nothing, but that’s okay. Nothing wrong with a little Pats hate. ?

• Haha 1

Jd is a smart guy and if he truly believed bb was going to make a move and had to have jones, nothing stopping him from moving to 12.

think the whole narrative is to get clicks and create drama - however I do agree that when we play the pats I want Mac jones crushed and Aaron to never let up.

12 straight should be posted everywhere prior to those games along with bb’s mug

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s weird how a team would want to put a division rival at a disadvantage. Why would they want to do that? ?

So the bellichicken made a trade with Pittsburgh just to screw the jets and not improve his draft? Uh huh. I gotta bridge to sell. He may not have a liking for the jets but he also made out with the trade and helped his team. And if he truly hated the jets, why did he let Douglas make the latter round trade?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

So the bellichicken made a trade with Pittsburgh just to screw the jets and not improve his draft? Uh huh. I gotta bridge to sell. He may not have a liking for the jets but he also made out with the trade and helped his team. And if he truly hated the jets, why did he let Douglas make the latter round trade?

I agree with you 100%. 
It’s still fun to feed the animals though. ?

• Upvote 2

Joe Douglas is the sort of GM I've been hoping for since the clueless days of Bradway, Idzik, and Maccagnan.

On day 3, if you can fill a need where a guy has dropped, fine, but in general, try to hit the home run targeting athletic freaks and upside. Days 2 and 3 are where you can really make your hay as a GM.

But he dropped the ball in round 1.  It sounds like he was totally blindsided that all 4 of the OTs were off the board at #15, which is inexcusable.

He must have been expecting at least Darnell Wright to be there, with the expectation of Levis going top 10.  I doubt that in the any of their mock scenarios, they had themselves taking McD.

So when they couldn't trade back, they got stuck and panicked.

It might work out in the end, but that kind of process needs to be shored up.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

30 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Take this for what it is worth but Daniel Jeremiah on his podcast yesterday said Jets were targeting McDonald all along and would have taken him even if Broderick Jones was there. 

Other reports saying gibbs would have been the pick if he made it to 15. Nobody knows. The only thing we know for certain is that the pats 100% took away the option to trade down with the Steelers. Everything else is just he said she said.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes. 

BB didn't mess with a first round trade just to screw with the Jets.

He made the trade because he thought it was in the best interested in the Patriots.

I think it was a 2 birds with one stone deal.

I didn't bother to check, but there's another article in the WaPo that says the move PIT made should have cost them a 3rd.  BB was willing to accept a 4th (negative value) instead. 

BB isn't stupid.  Every team in the NFL knew JD was targeting an OT.

• Upvote 1

The jets screwed themselves over by willing putting themselves in that position.   Belli was smart, he traded down and still got a prime player.  He did accept a very cheap trade comp though so I can see the screw the jets angle.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 2

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  Screwing us may have been an added bonus, but I find it hard to believe that he would make any trade where the primary goal is not to improve his team.

after what BB just did, you should be out for blood.  he insulted us.  he pissed on us.  called us names.  CALLED US NAMES !!!  

• More Ugh 1

35 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Take this for what it is worth but Daniel Jeremiah on his podcast yesterday said Jets were targeting McDonald all along and would have taken him even if Broderick Jones was there. 

If that is the case Douglas should be sending Belli a fruit basket.  Douglas and the jets would just be getting killed if they did that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I think it was a 2 birds with one stone deal.

I didn't bother to check, but there's another article in the WaPo that says the move PIT made should have cost them a 3rd.  BB was willing to accept a 4th (negative value) instead. 

BB isn't stupid.  Every team in the NFL knew JD was targeting an OT.

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Joe Douglas is the sort of GM I've been hoping for since the clueless days of Bradway, Idzik, and Maccagnan.

On day 3, if you can fill a need where a guy has dropped, fine, but in general, try to hit the home run targeting athletic freaks and upside. Days 2 and 3 are where you can really make your hay as a GM.

But he dropped the ball in round 1.  It sounds like he was totally blindsided that all 4 of the OTs were off the board at #15, which is inexcusable.

He must have been expecting at least Darnell Wright to be there, with the expectation of Levis going top 10.  I doubt that in the any of their mock scenarios, they had themselves taking McD.

So when they couldn't trade back, they got stuck and panicked.

It might work out in the end, but that kind of process needs to be shored up.

TBH I don't think he was, unless say his top OT choice went 4th of the 4, and he'd lasted to 15.

I think there's at least a decent chance they already had a call in for Turner & making that deal was always on hold for May 1st, plus the bonus is people would be leapfrogging him to take a tackle, pushing someone he wanted down, but truly what he wanted was a profitable trade-down without moving down too far & that just wasn't in the cards. Not an OT and not even McDonald necessarily in that spot.

I honestly don't think he was all-in on an OT -- imo it was a fan-fantasy that starting a rookie OT + a rookie C is also what the GM and coaches wanted. Personally I hated that idea, but to each his own.

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, Barkus said:

I don't think Broderick Jones is a difference maker -- or a slam dunk prospect -- so from that POV, I don't think it's a massive missed opportunity, but this laughable.

The Jets drained the pick clock down to under 1 or 2 mins.  Which means they were either indecisive or working the phones for a trade down.

If they were targeting the car jumper "all along" they would have turned in the card within 10s just like BB did with McCorkle.

• Upvote 1