Bill Belichick Reportedly Tried To Screw Over 1 NFL Franchise - THE JETS

4 hours ago, Barkus said:

Take this for what it is worth but Daniel Jeremiah on his podcast yesterday said Jets were targeting McDonald all along and would have taken him even if Broderick Jones was there. 

Was kinda thinking this the other day. JD only leaks what they want to leak and everyone and their mom knew he wanted a tackle. I don’t think he’d swap picks if it were as true as we all thought. Maybe they are high on the probability Becton plays well and they have AVT as a backup if they really need it (along with all the depth they’ve acquired). 

Not for nothing, but doesn’t NE need an OT as well? So they passed on a fantastic prospect at a premier position to spite the Jets? That’s what I’m supposed to believe?

I don’t doubt Bill hates the Jets and would love to stick it to them at any chance but c’mon here….

Bill accepted a fourth to trade down just to spite the Jets as he could've obviously got a 3rd.

We couldn't find a trade partner offering fair value so maybe just maybe the usual trade chart wasn't relevant.

5 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

You saw the part where they made the puck not sure which feed you watched.

After Jones got picked they went live to the Jets war room like 2 minutes later Jets had 8 minutes on the clock and the entire room looked lost panicked upset and silent.

They had no clue what to do they worked the phones until the last second to trade out and then couldn’t because JD didn’t understand a 4th was good comp to drop back a few picks in this putrid draft.

Lol how can you be panicked and silent?  You are projecting a bias. 

they were picking 15th with about 15 players with a first round grade. There really weren’t many prospects on the board to come up for. 

with an actual clock involved, the negotiations are going to be classic brinksmanship.  They were either waiting for someone to come to them or waiting for a sweetener. 

why do you feel a need to sensationalize it?   It’s kinda weird ngl

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Lol how can you be panicked and silent?  You are projecting a bias. 

they were picking 15th with about 15 players with a first round grade. There really weren’t many prospects on the board to come up for. 

with an actual clock involved, the negotiations are going to be classic brinksmanship.  They were either waiting for someone to come to them or waiting for a sweetener. 

why do you feel a need to sensationalize it?   It’s kinda weird ngl

Sensationalize it?  All I did was disagree with a planted report from JD’s best friend.

If you can’t see through that then I don’t know what to tell you.

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Sensationalize it?  All I did was disagree with a planted report from JD’s best friend.

If you can’t see through that then I don’t know what to tell you.

Now I get it. My condolences 

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

My condolences as well to you for believing in pots of gold at the end of rainbows, and Unicorns.

My post was about you projecting nonsense about the video of the jets draft room. You have no idea what’s going on lol.  

hey enjoy the misery ? 

9 hours ago, THE BARON said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bill-belichick-reportedly-tried-to-screw-over-1-nfl-franchise/ar-AA1aDfbX?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=061bd062e2f14e198382c3a952bd38ba&ei=15

"Bill will try to screw them over any chance he gets," a second official said. "He knew exactly what he was doing."  

Alrighty... I'm going to be VERY pleased when Will McDonald puts the Pats QB on his ass....

I just don’t believe that BB has this obsession with the Jets. The fact remains the Steelers called the Pats to move up. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Barkus said:

Take this for what it is worth but Daniel Jeremiah on his podcast yesterday said Jets were targeting McDonald all along and would have taken him even if Broderick Jones was there. 

Jets weren’t taking Jones if he was there 

• Thumb Down 1

20 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

I don’t like the narrative that BB screwed us again. What if Broderick Jones is a JAG and McDonald becomes a 9 sacks per year type player. Then BB tried to fuk us but did us a favor. 

For some reason, everyone is assuming Jones (4th OL taken) is automatically going to be an All Pro. Not exactly sure why. Let’s see this play out a little. 

What if the Steelers actually have an amazing history of drafting and developing good players.  What if Omar Khan who was with the Steelers through 2 SB championships along with drafting and resigning over 25 pro-bowl players in player personal actually knows what he's doing?  

What if BB actually didn't think he has the drafting chops to screw the Jets and gave the pick to the Steelers because he thinks the Steelers are better at evaluating talent.   What if BB is playing 3D chess simply to screw the NY Jets and decided the Steelers were the vehicle to do it?

I mean it hurts me to say it... but the trade back was perfect for the Pats. It stopped us from getting Jones (if we were even going to draft him). And they got a guy that had no business still being there at 17 in Gonzalez. They did fumble the draft IMO after that though.

On 5/2/2023 at 8:46 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:
Joe Douglas is the sort of GM I've been hoping for since the clueless days of Bradway, Idzik, and Maccagnan.
On day 3, if you can fill a need where a guy has dropped, fine, but in general, try to hit the home run targeting athletic freaks and upside. Days 2 and 3 are where you can really make your hay as a GM.
But he dropped the ball in round 1.  It sounds like he was totally blindsided that all 4 of the OTs were off the board at #15, which is inexcusable.
He must have been expecting at least Darnell Wright to be there, with the expectation of Levis going top 10.  I doubt that in the any of their mock scenarios, they had themselves taking McD.
So when they couldn't trade back, they got stuck and panicked.
It might work out in the end, but that kind of process needs to be shored up.

This whole post is based on 2 words.

"sounds like"

I don't know when you spoke to JD but if all you heard were whispers about what might have happened then this whole idea falls apart.

Sounds like= Pure speculation

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Sympathy 1

So...a team on the way down is trying to stop a team on the way up because the coach might get exposed now that he doesn't have his all pro qb anymore

On our way to the division title I hope we run up the score on their assesssss. Pay back is done on the field.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

What if the Steelers actually have an amazing history of drafting and developing good players.  What if Omar Khan who was with the Steelers through 2 SB championships along with drafting and resigning over 25 pro-bowl players in player personal actually knows what he's doing?  

What if BB actually didn't think he has the drafting chops to screw the Jets and gave the pick to the Steelers because he thinks the Steelers are better at evaluating talent.   What if BB is playing 3D chess simply to screw the NY Jets and decided the Steelers were the vehicle to do it?

We will find out in the next 1-3 years, 

23 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Joe Douglas is the sort of GM I've been hoping for since the clueless days of Bradway, Idzik, and Maccagnan.

On day 3, if you can fill a need where a guy has dropped, fine, but in general, try to hit the home run targeting athletic freaks and upside. Days 2 and 3 are where you can really make your hay as a GM.

But he dropped the ball in round 1.  It sounds like he was totally blindsided that all 4 of the OTs were off the board at #15, which is inexcusable.

He must have been expecting at least Darnell Wright to be there, with the expectation of Levis going top 10.  I doubt that in the any of their mock scenarios, they had themselves taking McD.

So when they couldn't trade back, they got stuck and panicked.

It might work out in the end, but that kind of process needs to be shored up.

This is really based on nothing though but a "feeling" you have.  I don't doubt that they were looking to trade back, but I don't get how anyone could say whether or not they were caught off guard.  I'm sure they played out many different 1st round scenarios before the draft.  The idea of all the OTs being gone wasn't really that absurd of a thought, so I doubt they were too surprised.  If anything maybe they thought Wright would be there, but again - would they have even taken him over McDonald?

My guess is JD WAS ready for this scenario to play out, however he probably expected a team would be willing to move up, especially with Levis still on the board, as well as JSN.  He either couldn't find a trade partner/they weren't offering enough to move back/or the drop back would be too far, and there was a serious possibility of McDonald not being on the board at that point.  You can't force a team to move up, unfortunately, so at the end of the day he took his guy.  

I can't wait to see this dude, tbh.  The more I read about him, and the more video I watch, the more I'm convinced we finally found our John Abraham replacement.  Think how long it's been since we had a game-changer like that at edge, and how dangerous that made our defense.  If that's what this kid becomes, I can promise you that no one will give a **** about the dudes we passed on, or about how we weren't able to trade down 5 spots and take him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

This is really based on nothing though but a "feeling" you have.  I don't doubt that they were looking to trade back, but I don't get how anyone could say whether or not they were caught off guard.  I'm sure they played out many different 1st round scenarios before the draft.  The idea of all the OTs being gone wasn't really that absurd of a thought, so I doubt they were too surprised.  If anything maybe they thought Wright would be there, but again - would they have even taken him over McDonald?

My guess is JD WAS ready for this scenario to play out, however he probably expected a team would be willing to move up, especially with Levis still on the board, as well as JSN.  He either couldn't find a trade partner/they weren't offering enough to move back/or the drop back would be too far, and there was a serious possibility of McDonald not being on the board at that point.  You can't force a team to move up, unfortunately, so at the end of the day he took his guy.  

I can't wait to see this dude, tbh.  The more I read about him, and the more video I watch, the more I'm convinced we finally found our John Abraham replacement.  Think how long it's been since we had a game-changer like that at edge, and how dangerous that made our defense.  If that's what this kid becomes, I can promise you that no one will give a **** about the dudes we passed on, or about how we weren't able to trade down 5 spots and take him.

this is my take almost exactly.  I've liked all the videos I could find on him. When he slams Mac Jones to the ground a couple of times I think everyone will be in.  =D>

• Upvote 2

On 5/2/2023 at 11:04 AM, THE BARON said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bill-belichick-reportedly-tried-to-screw-over-1-nfl-franchise/ar-AA1aDfbX?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=061bd062e2f14e198382c3a952bd38ba&ei=15

"Bill will try to screw them over any chance he gets," a second official said. "He knew exactly what he was doing."  

Alrighty... I'm going to be VERY pleased when Will McDonald puts the Pats QB on his ass....

The first round tackles were so average this year he did the Jets a favor.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2023 at 2:34 PM, Sammybighead said:

There was no blindsiding.

Jets, and every team, run a million mock scenarios and practice what may happen. One such scenario was all OTs gone.

Plan A was probably take OT. That wasn't available. 

Plan B was try to trade down. They tried. Hard. It wasnt available. 

Plan C was take next guy on the draft board they spent months preparing over tens of thousands of man hours. Thats what happened.

This narrative that they were unprepared buffoons and just picked a random name out of a hat at the last second has to stop. It's simply not true. Some years the board falls your way, some it doesn't. That life.

Anybody with half a brain knows that’s what happened, but why would you want to allow reality to interfere with feeding those who are so easy to be fed? Where’s the fun in that?

adopts cat lady GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 5/3/2023 at 11:52 AM, bonkertons said:

Same. I never expect a team to pick someone based on media narratives so I had no disappointment.

The closer I look at McDonald the more excited I am. Dude is a tremendous athlete, and is electric. Some of the up close clips of him playing really show it. 

Bet seeing him in person is very impressive. Moved on right after the pick was made.

On 5/2/2023 at 3:08 PM, football guy said:

Jones is a freak; his upside is unlimited and the way you can use him is kind of like how guys like Tyron Smith, Trent Williams, Terron Armstead, Tristan Wirfs, Lane Johnson, Christian Darrisaw, etc. have been if he were to reach his full potential. Just incredibly strong, incredibly athletic, incredibly explosive, incredibly fluid with his movements, and if coached up he can be an impact player as a run blocker and pass blocker in a variety of different ways... basically a difference maker. 

Warren is a good athlete but he's not to that same level. If he reached his absolute ceiling he's probably more like a knock-off Ronnie Stanley type who winds up being a very good pass protector due to his footwork, hand usage, and technique but average as a run blocker. Not particularly strong or explosive but good athlete in terms of foot quickness, body control, and use of length to be a good-to-great "one-on-one" pass blocker, but probably not making many plays downfield or in space. I think his realistic career outcome is somewhere between Jermon Bushrod and Yodny Cajuste... not "special" but can become a reliable-to-high end versatile starter, with the low end of the spectrum being a career backup/spot-starter

I think his ceiling is a poor man's D'Brick. Long, smart, good hands buy not a "power" player in the run game. Granted, Brick is a borderline HOFer (he has a great resume), particularly because of his durability and consistency,  buy he was never more than adequate in run blocking.

We shall see.

• Thumb Down 1

Look Beli quit this team they didn’t quit him. He had the Jets job if he wanted it but he didn’t. As for his gripes vs Mangini for ratting on them that’s ancient history. Basically Mangini is out of the league and many believe because of him. I thought the grudge was over because he has no issues with JD or Saleh but maybe not. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Beli quit this team they didn’t quit him. He had the Jets job if he wanted it but he didn’t. As for his gripes vs Mangini for ratting on them that’s ancient history. Basically Mangini is out of the league and many believe because of him. I thought the grudge was over because he has no issues with JD or Saleh but maybe not. 

I think it’s in Jet fans heads. Not Bill’s.
He’s done pretty well for himself, what does he have to to prove, worry about us for, other than as a divisional opponent?

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

There was a doc several years ago about Parcells' career on TV. Belichek was in it and he said he didn't like the Jets. Wish I could remember the name and where exactly I saw it. It was pretty good. I always liked Tuna going back to his Giants days and followed him throughout his career. 

He's not gonna go out of his way to spite himself and all that cause Jets though. But there's no way he hasn't taken special pleasure in beating the Jets and wanted to put it to the Jets on the field anyway he can and then some. He relished that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

There was a doc several years ago about Parcells' career on TV. Belichek was in it and he said he didn't like the Jets. Wish I could remember the name and where exactly I saw it. It was pretty good. I always liked Tuna going back to his Giants days and followed him throughout his career. 

He's not gonna go out of his way to spite himself and all that cause Jets though. But there's no way he hasn't taken special pleasure in beating the Jets and wanted to put it to the Jets on the field anyway he can and then some. He relished that.

It was called The Two Bills I believe. One of those 30 for 30 type things.