Dexter Lawrence Signs Big Extension With G-Men

9 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

The longer JD takes the higher the price 

4yr $94 million

4yr $90 million

4yr $90 million

Those are the 3 DT contracts given out this offseason. I expect Williams to be right in the middle of those numbers

• Upvote 1

do we even have the money for this? i know we restructured Rodgers contract so we dont get hit until 2025 or 26 but can we do the same with QW and then have crazy cap money due when were trying to sign GW and Sause? 

i dont think its as easy as we think it is to sign him right now. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

do we even have the money for this? i know we restructured Rodgers contract so we dont get hit until 2025 or 26 but can we do the same with QW and then have crazy cap money due when were trying to sign GW and Sause? 

GMen found a way to sign both Jones and Lawrence to huge deals. Jets need to do the same thing.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Don't understand the reason for waiting on this. Maybe they're in talks or maybe they're negotiating for the sake of negotiating when everyone kind of knows what his contract should look like. It's ok to pay your best player especially if they're 25 years old.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

GMen found a way to sign both Jones and Lawrence to huge deals. Jets need to do the same thing.

Cimini said on a podcast that he doesn't know if Woody loves the idea of paying a defensive tackle 20+ a year, which might just be Cimini trolling the fanbase but it also sounds like the sort of dumb thing Woody would come up with.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Asymmetrical said:

Cimini said on a podcast that he doesn't know if Woody loves the idea of paying a defensive tackle 20+ a year, which might just be Cimini trolling the fanbase but it also sounds like the sort of dumb thing Woody would come up with.

Meh. Woody goes off of what the GM/Coaches say. He’s probably like “is it worth it? Oh ok.”

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

Do what NE would do

Offer him a team-friendly deal and if he won’t accept, franchise him next offseason

• Upvote 1

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

Meh. Woody goes off of what the GM/Coaches say. He’s probably like “is it worth it? Oh ok.”

he's definitely gone rogue a few times (Tebow, Revis part 2, etc) and I'm not sure Rich would just make that up. Hopefully he just nods and signs the check

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Do what NE would do

Offer him a team-friendly deal and if he won’t accept, franchise him next offseason

I'm not suggesting they offer Aaron Donald money but it is inevitable that he's going to get top of the line dt money. He's better than Payne and the guy from Tennessee and he's probably better than Lawrence. Those guys all signed extensions in the same range. Just pay him accordingly and go about your business imo

18 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

yeah but even the Dexter contract is crazy. he had one really good year just like QW. we might want to see another year before we commit 30 mil a year. 

the Giants could get screwed on this. doesnt it always seem these guys play great in a contract year then disappear back to who they were before.

• Upvote 1

Quinnen Williams
HT/WT    
6' 3", 303 lbs
BIRTHDATE    
12/20/1997 (25)
COLLEGE    
Alabama
DRAFT INFO    
2019: Rd 1, Pk 3 (NYJ)

QuinnenWilliamsStats.thumb.jpg.86d0c579ea4d27863811a2e148055ef3.jpg

Dexter Lawrence
HT/WT    
6' 4", 342 lbs
BIRTHDATE    
11/12/1997 (25)
COLLEGE    
Clemson
DRAFT INFO    
2019: Rd 1, Pk 17 (NYG)

DexterLawrenceStats.thumb.jpg.cdcada4ba8faaa021057b48912ea8b87.jpg

Quinnen Williams deserves a lot better contract than Dexter Lawrence.

• More Ugh 1

33 minutes ago, doitny said:

An extension does offer some cap space relief. I think the issue is the actual size of the contract, I think Q is asking for something close to Donald. 

Quincy said yesterday that Q and his wife are expecting a baby soon and that’s the focus right now.  

I think this will get done in June probably a week before the mandatory camp. 

if not he gets the tag 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

An extension does offer some cap space relief. I think the issue is the actual size of the contract, I think Q is asking for something close to Donald. 

Quincy said yesterday that Q and his wife are expecting a baby soon and that’s the focus right now.  

if not he gets the tag 

can we tag him? i thought only FAs can be tagged. 

i would tag him if we can. prove it for a 2nd year before i give this big contract

43 minutes ago, doitny said:

Lawson, Davis, cj, Tomlinson, the TEs, etc likely won’t be on the team next year 

Just now, doitny said:

can we tag him? i thought only FAs can be tagged. 

i would tag him if we can. prove it for a 2nd year before i give this big contract

As far as I know it would be next off season but I’m not exactly sure 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Lawson, Davis, cj, Tomlinson, the TEs, etc likely won’t be on the team next year 

and its going to cost alot of money to replace them except Lawson who we probably could get away with not replacing.

CJ makes a ton. i dont expect his replacement to cost as much but still wont be cheap.

Ruchuert and Kuntz are nothing until they prove they are something. im not penciling them in as 1 and 2. 

Davis and Tomlinson replacements should cost about the same. 

so were not saving all that much. and no 1st rd pick to help.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Quinnen Williams
HT/WT    
6' 3", 303 lbs
BIRTHDATE    
12/20/1997 (25)
COLLEGE    
Alabama
DRAFT INFO    
2019: Rd 1, Pk 3 (NYJ)

QuinnenWilliamsStats.thumb.jpg.86d0c579ea4d27863811a2e148055ef3.jpg

Dexter Lawrence
HT/WT    
6' 4", 342 lbs
BIRTHDATE    
11/12/1997 (25)
COLLEGE    
Clemson
DRAFT INFO    
2019: Rd 1, Pk 17 (NYG)

DexterLawrenceStats.thumb.jpg.cdcada4ba8faaa021057b48912ea8b87.jpg

Quinnen Williams deserves a lot better contract than Dexter Lawrence.

You do realize that they are completely different types of players? Lawrence isn't getting paid to sack the QB

• WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, doitny said:

and its going to cost alot of money to replace them except Lawson who we probably could get away with not replacing.

CJ makes a ton. i dont expect his replacement to cost as much but still wont be cheap.

Ruchuert and Kuntz are nothing until they prove they are something. im not penciling them in as 1 and 2. 

The cap is not real. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, Larz said:

if not he gets the tag 

He's on his 5th yr option,  he doesn't need to be tagged before this season. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, doitny said:

I really don’t think so. 

The young guys will step in for Lawson

I really believe Sherwood is the heir apparent to CJ. He was very good last year and has been grooming for 2 years. 

With the TEs we hope the young guys will take over, but at this point it’s impossible to tell. 

Davis is already replaced. Garrett is the #1 and and Lazard is the #2

With Tomlinson he’s one of the highest paid guards in the league. There is 0 reason to pay that much for his replacement. 

Good teams have a pipeline of talent to take over when needed then receive comp picks in return, which is the current projection for the jets 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

yeah but even the Dexter contract is crazy. he had one really good year just like QW. we might want to see another year before we commit 30 mil a year. 

the Giants could get screwed on this. doesnt it always seem these guys play great in a contract year then disappear back to who they were before.

Sorry, man but I can’t do this.

This is the same sh*t Jet fans say every time we have a player who wants a second contract. It’s like a broken record.

You guys would rather have cap space than pay a good player what he’s worth.

• Upvote 1