When was the last time the Jets drafted back to back to back RBs and they played together?

Breece Hall, Michael Carter and Israel Abanikanda were drafted in back to back to back drafts. Zonnovan Knight was signed as UDFA last year. We're probably going to see them all get playing time this season. 

Has this ever happened before? I'm not going to look it up but I'm going to say no. Lol. ?

One thing I can tell you, we're going to run the ball. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Could be Freeman McNeil and Johnny Hector or Scott Dierking and Freeman 

Tom Newton and Scott Dierking 

Could even be Snell, Boozer

Crutchfield & Hector 

These are all just guesses but Pretty sure it may have happened in era when the draft was something like 12-14 rounds 

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Crutchfield & Hector 

These are all just guesses but Pretty sure it may have happened in era when the draft was something like 12-14 rounds 

McNeil and Crutchfield went in 1981 & 1982.  

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

McNeil and Crutchfield went in 1981 & 1982.  

Yes I forgot about Crutchfield. I believe he was released in 1983. I always think of McNeil and Hector. Marion Barber was the blocking fullback in that backfield.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lith said:

2009 - 2011.  We drafted 4 RBs in a 3 year period and all 4 played on the 2011 team: BIlal Powell, John Conner, Joe Mcknight and Shonn Greene.

Kudos. 

I did end up trying to look it up. And actually noticed this. However, if you remember, Conner was moved to FB by then. 

5 hours ago, CSNY said:

Crutchfield & Hector 

i think snell was there before boozer.  boozer was a rookie in 67-68.

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i think snell was there before boozer.  boozer was a rookie in 67-68.

Yes Snell was there before Boozer just want to see if they were drafted in consecutive years Now I’m curious Guess I’ll have to look it up 

Matt Snell drafted by the Jets in the first round ( #3 ) in 1964. Drafted in the 4th round by the NFL 

Emerson Boozer drafted in the 6th. Round in the 1966 AFL draft Drafted in the 7 th round in the NFL draft in the same year 

• Upvote 1

Breece Hall will have to be brought back slowly. I have no idea but could be close to mid season before  he’s ready to play a full game. 
If someone told me the risk of reinjury is 50% less if he doesn't play until the playoffs... Guess what I'm doin' ? Benching that guy until the second round.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Lith said:

2009 - 2011.  We drafted 4 RBs in a 3 year period and all 4 played on the 2011 team: BIlal Powell, John Conner, Joe Mcknight and Shonn Greene.

Does Connor count as a running back lol

Good observation. Only response with 3 or more RB. I personally can’t think of any other time we drafted 3 RBs in a row and had them all play together