Checking out this year's opponents

Now that the draft is over and trading for Aaron Rodgers is over!!!! Let's look at the opponents for the Jets this coming season and I am sorry to say this, but it will not be any type of a cake walk at all, even if we have Aaron Rodgers at QB. 

The defense alone has to put a lot of pressure on the QB's like Mahomes, Herbert, Hurts, Allen, Wilson, Prescott to name a few. The secondary needs to cover their WR's very good because mistake and they will be exposed all game long.

Offensively, the WR's have to work twice as hard and the oline needs to stay healthy all year long.

The New York Jets Opponents for 2023

Home: 

Buffalo Bills

New England Patriots

Miami Dolphins

Kansas City Chiefs

L.A. Chargers

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Commanders

Houston Texans

Atlanta Falcons

Away:

Buffalo Bills

New England Patriots

Miami Dolphins

Denver Broncos

L.V. Raiders

Dallas Cowboys

NY Giants

Cleveland Browns

The hardest schedule I can remember in a long time. We play the three toughest divisions in football: our own twice, the AFC West and NFC East.

I’m praying the first month is relatively easy because there will be growing pains. The Manning Broncos and Tampa Toms both started slow and hit their stride midseason. 

• Upvote 1

Home: 

Buffalo Bills         W

New England Patriots  W   Karma on Bill for his latest stunt

Miami Dolphins   W         

Kansas City Chiefs     L       See you in the playoffs bit*es

L.A. Chargers        W 

Philadelphia Eagles     L       I’ll see you in the Super Bowl

Washington Commanders   W

Houston Texans   W

Atlanta Falcons    W

Away:

Buffalo Bills    L       Thinking we are in their stadium

New England Patriots    W     Bill starts thinking of retirement

Miami Dolphins   W       

Denver Broncos   W

L.V. Raiders    W

Dallas Cowboys       W      Dallas is playing in a crappy division, Aaron to the rescue

NY Giants    W           

Cleveland Browns.      W

14-3

• Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 hours ago, PS17 said:

I’m praying the first month is relatively easy because there will be growing pains. The Manning Broncos and Tampa Toms both started slow and hit their stride midseason. 

Peyton talked about this on McAfee the other day. Hopefully having Hackett makes for a quick transition.

There is actually a bit of good news here. No overseas games, 9 at home and only 8 on the road. And the 8 on the road include the Giants game. So if Jet fans show up for the nine home games (and the Giants game) and the team gives them reason not to eject from our metaphorical Jet before half time, it could be a significant plus.

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

If Jets start the season 0-5 at what point do you bench a Rodgers .   He plays more 35 % of the snaps than Jets owe the packers a first round pick in 2024.     No I don’t think it will happen but imagine the theater if that scenario played out.

How have you been? The only interesting thing about the Jets pursuing Carr, to me, was wondering what you’d have to say about him here as a Jet. Luckily, neither of us have to deal with that. What do you think about him in New Orleans, though? Superstar? Or colossal flop? 

Don’t you think Brady, Rodgers, Brees, P. Manning, Mahomes, etc. all played seasons with super tough schedules?  Doesn’t matter much if your QB is excellent.  As Jets fans we’re used to only having a chance if the schedule breaks right.   Hopefully won’t be necessary this year.  

14 hours ago, slats said:

How have you been? The only interesting thing about the Jets pursuing Carr, to me, was wondering what you’d have to say about him here as a Jet. Luckily, neither of us have to deal with that. What do you think about him in New Orleans, though? Superstar? Or colossal flop? 

I don’t wish anything bad on Derek Carr but it was time for a change for me.  Nine years was enough time, you can’t keep running it back year after year, and expecting things to work different.   I really don’t care what he does  with the Saints .   I’m not loyal to any player,  only  the team I root for.      Tough to expect any Qb learning a new system , and having new players-  to thrive in year one.   Usually see the results in the second season, 

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

11 and 6 is the absolute low water mark.

I think you’re crazy if you think that’s the low mark .   You’re setting yourself up to be disappointed.   You should be excited , but that’s schedule is brutal .    We will see if your confidence in the Jets this season was justified. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Nfc east and afc west suck outside chiefs and eagles. Stop being little bitches  

Keep telling yourself that .   Just because it’s May , and feeling great having caliber of Qb as A Rodgers behind center.      Let’s see that jet record when it’s all done against those two divisions.    They dominate than you were correct, and should be commended .    Their record is not so good that hopefully ready to eat crow.       

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Winning the division is key since the Pats,Bills and Dolphins have the same opponents. It’s easy if the damn Jets just take care of their own in division business for once.

Very good point.  

Ultimately if you want to win a Super Bowl so you're going to have to go through the KC's and Eagles of the world.  But the division is your best route to the playoffs.  Might be the only one.  

Due to the schedule you may see no WC's coming out of the AFC East this year.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Winning the division is key since the Pats,Bills and Dolphins have the same opponents. It’s easy if the damn Jets just take care of their own in division business for once.

If we don't sweep the Pats I'm going to be pissed....

• Post of the Week 2

18 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

If Jets start the season 0-5 at what point do you bench a Rodgers .   He plays more 35 % of the snaps than Jets owe the packers a first round pick in 2024.     No I don’t think it will happen but imagine the theater if that scenario played out.

Its 65 per cent not 35 percent

thats 11 games roughly

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I like the under, over wouldn't shock me - think it'll be close though.  

Right place to put the line. 

A 10-7 record would be disappointing imo.  Im hoping for at least 11-12 wins.

Injuries could derail us but we have good depth at most positions.