Who do you want to see as QB#2?

We'll find out soon enough if the Jets Org feels Zack Wilson will be the face of the franchise after watching and learning behind Aaron Rodgers for the next 2 seasons.

In less than one year from today, if ZW is the future, Joe Douglas will have to pick up Zack's 5th year.

If we pass on ZW's 5th year, then his years 3 and 4 sitting behind Rodgers and learning will be for some other team, as ZW will be gone the same time Aaron retires.

So 5th year...will they or won't they?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

JD is 100.00% committed, invested and planning on rehabilitating and rebuilding Zach. It’s up to Zach if he can do it, but they aren’t bringing in a veteran backup this year 

Boyle is the teacher’s assistant.  

The plan is for Zach to learn from Rodgers.  

The military classified broken/unable to repair as Code H. That's exactly his status.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I don’t mind seeing Zach have a camp battle and if the other guy wins then so be it. But I also don’t think that’s the outcome Douglas and saleh want. At the very least they need to show the rest father nfl that Zach can play if only to garner a trade after the season.  As the no2 qb Zach will get chances to get in games this season.

36 minutes ago, Larz said:

It’s not. The sooner you accept it the less painful it will be 

I want to see Saleh stick to his words about competition.  Let's see what happens, but most likely is already settled. 

Ideally, Teddy B from what’s left.

But Zach will probably go into the season as the nominal QB2. However, if Rodgers goes down and is projected to miss more than a couple games, JD will bring in a vet like Wentz or Matt Ryan. Might be all well and good to list Zach as QB2 to ride the bench “for his confidence” or whatever but if push comes to shove, I don’t see JD risking his contract extension on Wilson.

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Is he though?  

Only because the Jets have consciously avoided adding anyone better for the backup job. Same as they tried to do with QB1 last two years… except every bum they brought in outplayed Zach. You know, for “the kid’s confidence.” Call me old school but I grew up learning that confidence is a consequence of achievement, not the other way around.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Screenshot_20230306_121226.thumb.jpg.5f82718241e6841dc688b4df38c7f836.jpg

Not the guy above...

#FREEJACK

You clearly have a crush on Wilson. Me I understand how difficult it can be to transition to the NFL and I am pulling for my young QB to develop under the mentorship of AR.

• Post of the Week 1

The Jets have a new highly experienced offensive coordinator - that alone could make a huge difference in the play of Zach Wilson. Then you add in Aaron Rodgers and Zach could be a whole different QB after his first season of learning. He will get a ton of snaps in the preseason. My guess is Zach will be an effective and efficient QB down the road and the Jets  will pick up his 5th year. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

The Jets have a new highly experienced offensive coordinator - that alone could make a huge difference in the play of Zach Wilson. Then you add in Aaron Rodgers and Zach could be a whole different QB after his first season of learning. He will get a ton of snaps in the preseason. My guess is Zach will be an effective and efficient QB down the road and the Jets  will pick up his 5th year. 

Charity wager on that?

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

What's wrong with QB competition for a spot? Isn't that part of the reason we failed in the first place? 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bronx said:

What's wrong with QB competition for a spot? Isn't that part of the reason we failed in the first place? 

What do Mike White, Joe Flacco, Josh Johnson, and The Strev have in common?

All were brought in specifically because it was thought they would not challenge Zach for the starting role yet each outperformed him. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Jetfuel66 said:

You clearly have a crush on Wilson. Me I understand how difficult it can be to transition to the NFL and I am pulling for my young QB to develop under the mentorship of AR.

let him develop on the practice squad Jets have football games to win this season 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ideally, Teddy B from what’s left.

But Zach will probably go into the season as the nominal QB2. However, if Rodgers goes down and is projected to miss more than a couple games, JD will bring in a vet like Wentz or Matt Ryan. Might be all well and good to list Zach as QB2 to ride the bench “for his confidence” or whatever but if push comes to shove, I don’t see JD risking his contract extension on Wilson.

Not Foles?  Got released the other day.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

let him develop on the practice squad Jets have football games to win this season 

Can't understand why so few people get this.  They think this season is about salvaging Zach Wilson and not trying to do something special.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, AFJF said:

Can't understand why so few people get this.  They think this season is about salvaging Zach Wilson and not trying to do something special.

Teddy is 30 years old and would be cheap. Get him in here.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Not Foles?  Got released the other day.

I mean better than Zach but that’s not saying much. The guys that are left Teddy’s my guy. Wanted Minshew before he went to Colts.

• Upvote 3