Boomer Blasts Becton; Former Jets QB Lets Loose Following Deleted Tweet From Tackle

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

While it's encouraging that Becton is finally getting himself into shape, Boomer is right that Becton hasn't earned the right to talk like that.  Even if Becton has a great season, I think JD knows he's going to have a real question mark on his hands.  Did Becton only get in shape because it's a contract year?  Once he gets paid is he going to balloon up again?  

Yeah.   Becton will get less in guaranteed money even if he has a great season.  

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

While it's encouraging that Becton is finally getting himself into shape, Boomer is right that Becton hasn't earned the right to talk like that.  Even if Becton has a great season, I think JD knows he's going to have a real question mark on his hands.  Did Becton only get in shape because it's a contract year?  Once he gets paid is he going to balloon up again?  

Any second contract he gets is going to need a heavy dose of performance based incentives.  Or I guess if he performs well this year, you franchise him and see if he can repeat it in 2024 before making a longer term commitment

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Any second contract he gets is going to need a heavy dose of performance based incentives.  Or I guess if he performs well this year, you franchise him and see if he can repeat it in 2024 before making a longer term commitment

Yeah, I'm one of the more optimistic fans when it comes to Becton but even if he performs great this year you can't justify giving him a long term deal. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Becton should talk a lot less, and play a lot more. He has earned nothing, as of today….He. Is. A. Bust.

Till he proves otherwise. Busts shouldn’t talk. Talk with deeds.

"Do your talking off the field like a Jet!"

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Becton should talk a lot less, and play a lot more. He has earned nothing, as of today….He. Is. A. Bust.

Till he proves otherwise. Busts shouldn’t talk. Talk with deeds.

Hes not a bust he had a killer rookie season hes injury prone its not the same

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

The way people talk you’d think Becton was ORotY and an All Pro lol. He had part of a sold rookie year with a few wow plays. Not ‘killer’ lol, the hyperbole never ends.

He showed a lot of potential his rookie season but he hasn't realized that potential since.  He also hasn't bothered to take his career seriously until this offseason.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Becton is a bust. Not a Zach level bust, but pretty close.

They’ve both busted in that they won’t return value anywhere close to their draft slot to the team that drafted them.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, CSNY said:

Boomer please just go away 

Why? Boomer is absolutely correct. MB is a sloth coming off two bye years. He's your typical kid / modern American who's done very little, but acts like he's special and owed something. He can claim he's a LT, but until he proves otherwise he's overpaid IR bait.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Why? Boomer is absolutely correct. MB is a sloth coming off two bye years. He's your typical kid / modern American who's done very little, but acts like he's special and owed something. He can claim he's a LT, but until he proves otherwise he's overpaid IR bait.  

Don’t need Boomers BS as Saleh addressed it properly with his statement of “go out and earn it”, which should be a motivating factor . That and he is now playing for a contract that can provide unimaginable wealth for his family for years to come 

Boomers hatred of the Jets is well documented and anything he says about the Jets should be taken with a very large grain of salt 

• Upvote 3

Not a particular fan of Boomer but I see no problem whatsoever to what he said. That exact sentiment was echoed 100x in the Becton thread. He certainly wasn't gentle in what he said, but it was completely valued. Now, if he went on a rant about how he's not only fat and lazy, but also encorporated shots at spending his time trying to be a subpar professional video gamer (Like I do), you could argue thats personal. Last year when his girlfriend/wife was pregnant, we made jokes about how he was going to breast feed the baby. If Boomer went that route, eh, maybe a little personal (although hilarious). Pointing out he is owed nothing because he has done nothing in this league is an absolutely fair assessment from anyone that's not blind. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Played well and showed potential in his rookie year He had a severe injury in his second year (Thank you GVR) third year reported out of shape to training camp. Hopefully becoming a parent and husband matures him and for Becton to realize he has to provide for his family and has learned what it takes to be a professional football player. Not willing to put the “bust” label on him just yet as  fatherhood has a way of growing people up in a hurry 

This is my favorite post of the day so far

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Don’t need Boomers BS as Saleh addressed it properly with his statement of “go out and earn it”, which should be a motivating factor . That and he is now playing for a contract that can provide unimaginable wealth for his family for years to come 

Boomers hatred of the Jets is well documented and anything he says about the Jets should be taken with a very large grain of salt 

And this is a very close second

The first part of performance is believing in yourself. For me, this is Becton letting the world how he views himself. If he has a chip on his shoulder, great for him. he should. His play in camp and pre-season will decide where he resides this season and at what position and whether he is a starter.

If this was a salvo by Saleh to light a fire, maybe it did. I hope that is the case.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

The way people talk you’d think Becton was ORotY and an All Pro lol. He had part of a sold rookie year with a few wow plays. Not ‘killer’ lol, the hyperbole never ends.

That’s severely underestimating how he played.

• Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

no decision to be made.  becton wont make it past game three. 

• Upvote 2