Zack Kuntz had production

37 minutes ago, Larz said:

Best I can tell he almost went undrafted because he’s raw and needs work on his blocking. 

Up to me I wouldn't waste time putting this guy on blocking. Line him up in the slot to run seams, flats, out and ups, all day every day. Rinse repeat.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, Larz said:

Best I can tell he almost went undrafted because he’s raw and needs work on his blocking. 

A reason he was selected, it has been stated the Jets were looking for a bigger

downfield threat from our TE. He has the physical strength to become a better blocker. Evidenced by his lower half explosion and his Combine tying lead in the BP test.

where he bested Darnell Washington by two  reps and annihilated him in leg explosion

by 9 inches.  Reminding you he was more recently been injured and operated on than

Breece Hall. There are a myriad of ways he can be used, such as kick blocker,

where his 6'7 1/2'' height, 40'' jump and 34'' arms make him a terror

6 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

A reason he was selected, it has been stated the Jets were looking for a bigger

downfield threat from our TE. He has the physical strength to become a better blocker. Evidenced by his lower half explosion and his Combine tying lead in the BP test.

where he bested Darnell Washington by two  reps and annihilated him in leg explosion

by 9 inches.  Reminding you he was more recently been injured and operated on than

Breece Hall. There are a myriad of ways he can be used, such as kick blocker,

where his 6'7 1/2'' height, 40'' jump and 34'' arms make him a terror

The jets have a lot of weapons ahead of him. If he can’t block he doesn’t play. It’s possible he makes it but probably over 90% chance he goes to the PS. He needs time to develop. 

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

The jets have a lot of weapons ahead of him. If he can’t block he doesn’t play. It’s possible he makes it but probably over 90% chance he goes to the PS. He needs time to develop. 

Let him cover punts and kicks for a year. Put some hair on his chest. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let him cover punts and kicks for a year. Put some hair on his chest. 

Yup. Have him work his way onto the game day roster doing this, work on his blocking and the nuances of route running in practice this year, and have a good feel by the end of the season whether he’ll be able to earn a role on offense for next year’s team.

In the meantime, how they use Ruckert (who I think came in from college as a better blocker than Kuntz) this year should give us a general window into how they view the tight end development process.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I really hope Ruckert forces his way into playing a lot of snaps. It never made sense to give both Conklin and Uzomah multiple tears at relatively big money, but they’re both going to be here, so Ruckert is a little blocked. Hoping Saleh sees enough to supplant at least Uzomah as the blocking TE

Agree with all of that. Was wondering if there’d be a way they could get something for Conklin or Uzomah if Ruckert earns time, but strikes me as a stretch. But I do imagine if Ruckert’s good enough he’ll play.

4 hours ago, derp said:

Yup. Have him work his way onto the game day roster doing this, work on his blocking and the nuances of route running in practice this year, and have a good feel by the end of the season whether he’ll be able to earn a role on offense for next year’s team.

In the meantime, how they use Ruckert (who I think came in from college as a better blocker than Kuntz) this year should give us a general window into how they view the tight end development process.

I liked the Ruckert drafting but from a physical stand point ZK is a better prospect

6 hours ago, hmhertz said:

In 2021 the only year he played the entire season he had 73 receptions,

2nd in the nation for TEs. Imagine what athletics #s he would have put up

after few month past knee cap surgery?

if it was simple/straight forward as that -- he would have been drafted on day 2 like Musgrave who also basically did nothing but get injured in 2022. 

More likely 2021 was an outlier against 3 other season that were farts in the wind. I'll welcome the crow, but that's the take.