How Robert Saleh (and Sauce Gardner) fixed the Jets defense

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I'm still not sold on Saleh.  Cheer leading and running stairs while poorly executing and can't manage a clock.

But he plays golf almost daily so there's that.

damn him spending time with his kids for a couple of hours in the offseason...

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, C Mart said:

damn him spending time with his kids for a couple of hours in the offseason...

Look at the profile of winning coaches.  There is a price to pay. Don't take a job that requires 14 hours a day and you will only work 10. Many people turn down jobs because it takes them away from things more important to them.

We all make choices.   You want to defend him Great. I am sure he is a great dad and husband.  But he has not been a very good coach and THAT is what he wants to be.  SF didn't miss him for a second and you want to turn a blind eye to the dozens of coaching blunders we have seen in his tenure here? I respected him for benching Zach. THAT was a coach move.

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Look at the profile of winning coaches.  There is a price to pay. Don't take a job that requires 14 hours a day and you will only work 10. Many people turn down jobs because it takes them away from things more important to them.

We all make choices.   You want to defend him Great. I am sure he is a great dad and husband.  But he has not been a very good coach and THAT is what he wants to be.  SF didn't miss him for a second and you want to turn a blind eye to the dozens of coaching blunders we have seen in his tenure here? I respected him for benching Zach. THAT was a coach move.

oh please..Belichick has a boat.  So he doesn't go out on his boat in the offseason..Just stop. You are embarrassing yourself

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Yikes. This is quite a horrific take. You think coaches spend all their time in the offseason at the facility and do nothing else? Woo boy.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Really good breakdown and good to see Saleh and the defense evolving to match the personnel. The mark of a good coach IMO.

Something every coach probably tries to do or ought to try to do.  Saleh seems to have succeeded!   

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, C Mart said:

oh please..Belichick has a boat.  So he doesn't go out on his boat in the offseason..Just stop. You are embarrassing yourself

He is a known workaholic, HOF coach. As was Parcells.  I'm sorry I measure success and you feel it. I grew up in the business of measuring success, not do the best you can.  If you're OK with below average, I won't stop you.

7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He is a known workaholic, HOF coach. As was Parcells.  I'm sorry I measure success and you feel it. I grew up in the business of measuring success, not do the best you can.  If you're OK with below average, I won't stop you.

Belichick has been trash without Brady. You NEED the QB. Watch the results this year. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ZachWilsonRightArm said:

Belichick has been trash without Brady. You NEED the QB. Watch the results this year. 

I'm Good with that.  2 years with no QB, he made the playoffs in one year and in both years finished in front of Saleh. He outcoached Saleh by far.   

28 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Have you ever met one? Ever spoken to a GM? You can accept mediocrity.  That's OK.

You’re picking a weird hill to die on. Saleh is mentioned by many players as as reason they are here. He was a new head coach when he got here. He’s learning and improving  nThat’s what you look for. Bekicheat was trash in Cleveland 

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Really????  What's his record?  Is he amongst the top 16 coaches in the league?

You make a point. His record is not very strong.

Do not forget, however, that Zac Taylor still has a losing record after 2 years of being viewed as an elite team, and his team would need to go 13-4 or better this season to surpass that losing record. Saleh is actually off to a better start and this team is looking pretty good.

• Upvote 2

The first year Saleh was here was an investment year. They played guys with no business being on the field to invest reps in them. Guys like Wilson, Sherwood, Nas. 

you throw that record out the window. 

last years QB room my god, Lombardi, bill Walsh and buddy Ryan couldn’t win with Zach, white and Flacco. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Oh shut up..Get over yourself....You are embarrassing yourself

Google about his golfing, Mr. Buffett.....I guess Joe D can't go out on a boat too since there are pictures of him doing that last summer..

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Oh shut up..Get over yourself....You are embarrassing yourself

Google about his golfing, Mr. Buffett.....I guess Joe D can't go out on a boat too since there are pictures of him doing that last summer..

Personal attacks???  The answer I expected.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

You’re picking a weird hill to die on. Saleh is mentioned by many players as as reason they are here. He was a new head coach when he got here. He’s learning and improving  nThat’s what you look for. Bekicheat was trash in Cleveland 

They said that about REX as well. Position by position, the Jets are finally in decent shape but if it comes down to the HC, most teams will have the advantage. The JETS homers stating other wise are kidding themselves. He has been outcoached by a wide margin in many close games. Can he get better.. of course.

11 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I'm still not sold on Saleh.  Cheer leading and running stairs while poorly executing and can't manage a clock.

But he plays golf almost daily so there's that.

I'm not sold either on Saleh or JD not to say they cant turn out to be one of the best Jets ever had.  But both he and JD were saved by AR move.  Going into this season with any other QB other than AR and it was sure to be both their last season.  In fact they both remind me of rich kids who open business that have no business succeeding yet do because daddy comes along and bails them out every 6 months or so.  Saleh and JD daddy is Mr Johnson who bailed them out to a tune of 100mil this time.

but none of it really matters anymore as long as they win...some of the best organizations in the world are run by buffoons... so there is that but hey...good vibes only.

Wow by this logic..Adam Gase was a great coach because he once missed the birth of he kid to game plan….this is a horrible take. Not every coach needs to be this hard ass workaholic disciplinarian to be successful.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

23 hours ago, jetsons said:

1 year Turnaround... Hopefully They'll Continue to Improve...

May be an image of hockey, football and text that says 'NYJ Defensive Stats- 2021 vs 2022 Via SIS/PFR Stat Category Points Allowed 2021 (Rank) Yards/Play Allowed 504 (32nd) 2022 (Rank) 5.9 (28th) 316 (4th) 8.1 (31st) 4.8 (2nd) Pass Yards/Attempt Allowed Completion % Allowed Passer Rating Allowed Pressure % 6.4 (2nd) 68.5% (30th) 105.2 (32nd) 62.4% (9th) 80.7 (1st) 29.8% (30th) Rush Yards/Attempt Allowed 1.8 (29th) 36.1% (9th) 4.5 (22) 2.5 (13th) 4.2 (9th)'

Sauce is a Revis-level stud. When you take away the opponents' #1 weapon, good stuff happens everywhere. Weird because the narrative going into the 2022 draft was "Saleh's scheme doesn't use a shutdown corner."

Every defense scheme uses a shutdown corner.

• Upvote 1

Sauce is a Revis-level stud. When you take away the opponents' #1 weapon, good stuff happens everywhere. Weird because the narrative going into the 2022 draft was "Saleh's scheme doesn't use a shutdown corner."
Every defense scheme uses a shutdown corner.

Sauce needs to take the ball away more

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app