Colin Cowherd: Jets season is over

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He may not be wrong.  I mean it's unlikely we lose all 4...but 1-3 isn't out of the question.

It's not that the record won't be recoverable but...

If it gets any worse from there...The boos will start, media will go crazy, players and HC will start pointing fingers and the wheels can fall off very quickly.

The boos will start?  You have been ******* booing since before they even finalized the trade. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

It's notable that whenever someone is negative they get personally attacked 

Like youd have to be a schizophrenic to think they Jets aren't going to win 14 games? 

Please :rolleyes:

The "schizophrenia" here is thinking we're going to win 14 games under Zach Wilson in 2022, and thinking we're going to lose 14 games under Aaron Rodgers in 2023, on effective the same/equal teams, and with an easier overall schedule.

And you know it, so save me your faux-martyrdom this time Bit.  

The rest of us are treating a last place team with a 40 year old QB as they should be treated: with caution 

No, you're already declared the entire enterprise a massive failure.  Along with anything else we do.  Ever.

That's not caution, that's something else entirely.

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The boos will start?  You have been ******* booing since before they even finalized the trade. 

I am not booing.

I'm excited for Rodgers.  Not sure how many times I have to stay that.  Glad he's here.

I just point out that he's going to be 40 and coming off his worst year as a pro and I think we paid far too much for that.  

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I am not booing.

I'm excited for Rodgers.  Not sure how many times I have to stay that.  Glad he's here.

I just point out that he's going to be 40 and coming off his worst year as a pro and I think we paid far too much for that.  

That's fair, but for this season we gave up Elijah Moore, a 3rd and moved down two spots in the first.  Seems like the team should be stronger than if they drafted Will Levis at 13, no?  Or even signed Carr/Garoppolo.  I get not crowing about the deal, but as a thing to improve the team short team it seems about as good as it gets.  If we has his performance last year we would have walked into the playoffs.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

This is an exaggeration.

You love to brag about being this wise contrarian, but before last year, you had the Jets winning 4 games. A lot of the board had them at 7-10 or 8-9. I had them at 7-10. Were us optimists “unhinged?”

FYI, nobody knows what is going to happen and you can be just as delusional being negative as being positive

I didn’t expect the Jets to play 3 backup qbs in the first 2 months 

It's true no one can predict injuries but these are tough match ups early 

It's hard to look at this schedule and find 12 plus wins but everyone assumes it's a sure thing 

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"Everything the Jets have ever done, are currently doing, and will ever do into perpetuity is wrong".

-Bitonti

In debate tactics this is called reduction to absurdity 

It's like telling a person "don't talk during church" and they say "fine I'll never talk again" 

The Jets have not had a winning season since Fitz magic. They haven't been to the playoffs since Rex. It's not a good franchise and 1 old ass qb doesn’t make them super bowl favorites 

Don't shoot the messenger. 

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The "schizophrenia" here is thinking we're going to win 14 games under Zach Wilson in 2022, and thinking we're going to lose 14 games under Aaron Rodgers in 2023, on effective the same/equal teams, and with an easier overall schedule.

No, you're already declared the entire enterprise a massive failure.  Along with anything else we do.  Ever.

They are going to win about 8 or 9. The team is better than it was. They are not world beaters 

I never said they will lose 14

And I'm not a martyr these insults literally don't hurt me at all 

In fact I'll accept any attention even negative 

Schizophrenia is a serious topic though. Many homeless people and prisoners are afflicted and there's no real cure 

People shouldn't just throw around that word it cheapens the struggle of people who actually have it. I don't think the Jets are going to win the Super bowl this season that does not mean I'm posting this from a tent under the 405

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That's fair, but for this season we gave up Elijah Moore, a 3rd and moved down two spots in the first.  Seems like the team should be stronger than if they drafted Will Levis at 13, no?  Or even signed Carr/Garoppolo.  I get not crowing about the deal, but as a thing to improve the team short team it seems about as good as it gets.  If we has his performance last year we would have walked into the playoffs.  

Totally. And very fair too.  
I’m looking forward to the season, but being cautious on what I expect from Rodgers.  I was all for getting Rodgers (even though my second option) glad he’s here.  

I think we will have a winning season.  But I have some real concerns about this team being a legit Super Bowl contender-that many seem to be sure of.  

So just pointing out concerns these days around here gets you  called a hater.  
If all y’all were saying with the addition of Rodgers (aging and all) this is a playoff team.  I would be on board - that’s a legit goal - even with this brutal schedule.  
I’m just not jumping in with both feet in this being a championship caliber roster.  
Let’s see them play at a high level before taking that step.  

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I didn’t expect the Jets to play 3 backup qbs in the first 2 months 

It's true no one can predict injuries but these are tough match ups early 

It's hard to look at this schedule and find 12 plus wins but everyone assumes it's a sure thing 

I don’t think everyone is assuming 12 wins. Their over/under is 9.5. I’d have them slightly over at 10 or 11. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Schizophrenia is a serious topic though. Many homeless people and prisoners are afflicted and there's no real cure 

People shouldn't just throw around that word it cheapens the struggle of people who actually have it.

A political correctness argument?  Really?

Ok Bot.  Martyr on.  Oh wait, does use of the word martyr offend Catholics?  Such a minefield these days....

• Thumb Down 1

48 minutes ago, Warfish said:

A political correctness argument?  Really?

Ok Bot.  Martyr on.  Oh wait, does use of the word martyr offend Catholics?  Such a minefield these days....

It's not pc. it's being empathetic. 

Talk to a schizophrenic sometime it's ******* tragic 

• Upvote 2

It's not pc. it's being empathetic. 

Talk to a schizophrenic sometime it's ******* tragic 

I talk to one once a week, matter of fact.  

I'm curious Bit, what term would you have used to describe someone who seemingly has two very clearly distinct personalities on the board, depending on who the QB is?  

What’s hilarious is 4-0 and 3-1 are both more likely than 0-4 or 1-3. The goal is the Super Bowl and everyone knows that. They can’t beat a Bills team at MetLife that got worse over the offseason? A mediocre Pats team at home?  Dallas on a short week is tough. KC at MetLife tough, but again, SB aspirations mean splitting those two. I expect 3-1. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I'm curious Bit, what term would you have used to describe someone who seemingly has two very clearly distinct personalities on the board, depending on who the QB is?  

I don't know. Borderline personality disorder? 

For what it's worth I think the Jets are a 4 win team under Zach and an 8-9 win team under old Aaron. Your guy's problem with me is I don't see a 12-14 win version of this team under these two. 

I might have some generalized anxiety but the jets are losers until they prove they are winners. Aaron Rodgers is washed. Maybe You guys saying super bowl are delusional but we shouldn't play dime store psych ward just because we disagree about a football team 

So say poo, don't say sh*t?

For what it's worth I think the Jets are a 4 win team under Zach and an 8-9 win team under old Aaron. Your guy's problem with me is I don't see a 12-14 win version of this team under these two. 

I might have some generalized anxiety but the jets are losers until they prove they are winners. Aaron Rodgers is washed. Maybe You guys saying super bowl are delusional but we shouldn't play dime store psych ward just because we disagree about a football team 

Two quick points:

1. I don't have a problem with you Bit.  Never have.

2. There is no amorphous all-encompassing "you guys".  There are, as always, a range of opinions and degrees of optimism.

But what IS near-universal is a more optimistic view of things under Rogers vs. under Wilson.

On 5/13/2023 at 6:48 AM, FidelioJet said:

He may not be wrong.  I mean it's unlikely we lose all 4...but 1-3 isn't out of the question.

If it gets any worse from there...The boos will start, media will go crazy, players and HC will start pointing fingers and the wheels can fall off very quickly.

3-1 isn't out of the question either. the cowboys aren't some unbeatable juggernaught, we beat the bills with zach wilson and we don't have some green sh*tty qb for bellichick to exploit. the hardest game will be the chiefs and stopping mahomes imo. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

i'm confused a bit. so it's bad to refer to one mental illnes but the other is fine? people shouldn't just throw around the BPD word as it cheapens the struggle those people and their families must endure. ?

• Upvote 2

On 5/13/2023 at 6:48 AM, FidelioJet said:

And then AA Ron will say R E L A X 

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

Disassociative identity disorder 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Warfish said:

You hit the nail squarely on the head. The problem is not a reasonable dose of scepticism, or questions about some aspect of the team -- it's the unrelenting negativism at all costs. There is virtually no Jets fan who has lived with this team for many years who is not always ready for the other shoe to drop, for the cruel twist of fate that brings the season up short. But each season is also a new opportunity, and this one has lined up as one with real chances to be relevant -- to be a playoff team in the mix. The vast majority of us are happy to see where that takes us and enjoy the ride, even if we take out lumps along the way. Are the Jets perfect? LOL. Far from it. But there is sufficient parity in the NFL to imagine the Jets having a legitimate chance. The Giants last year, for goodness sakes, made the playoffs and they were blatantly mediocre. The Jets are not. There's reason to be at least mildy enthusiastic about our chances.

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, I was optimistic about Zach.  Unfortunately he didn't turn out to be the player I hoped he would be.  I was wrong but tried to remain positive as we've seen QB's struggle their first couple of years - I think in Zach's case, he simply never had what it takes.  As stated I was clearly and terribly wrong...

But through that process I learned a lot about the toxicity of the fan base and weakness and self serving nature of the HC. 

Add that to a soon to be 40 year old QB legend, coming off his worst year as a pro, a fan base that honestly believes the massive decline was due to a sore thumb...On a roster with multiple holes. All of that tied to unreasonable expectations of the QB and a Super Bowl run. 

This season can get ugly very quickly if things start out bad.

If the fan base wasn't being so irrational right now and we had a strong HC I would be more inclined to believe a rough start could be overcome - but under the current circumstances I think an 0-4 or 1-4 hole would be very tough dig out of.

Holy sh*t, you're just going to do this in every thread now? 

Here's a fun question; will the NY Jets have better QB play in 2023 or worse? 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Booing fans and media attacks causes locker room unrest and a team at each others throats, pointing, fingers and passing blame is a legitimate problem. 

If you don't see it that then I would say your take is quit a bit worse than mine.  

The Boo'ing fans???!!!!!  omg  NO WAY!