If Zach Wilson works under Rodgers for a year and still looks like Zach Wilson

They're risking having the season go from SB contender to garbage in the blink of an eye.

Not having  a guy who can even manage a game for 2 quarters to hold a lead if needed is beyond wreckless.
It's the most half-assed "all in" offseason I've ever seen up to this point 
?? You do realize that Zach was the winningest QB on the roster last year ... Right ??

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

they should have taken Tanner McKee in the 6th round like the eagles did... That was the perfect spot for him to develop in case ZW doesn't. We have no shot at Drake Maye next year unless we trade all our picks. If this team keeps being respectable for the next 3 years, then it's going to have to be a QB that was missed somewhere and turns out to be like Purdy.
I was screaming this too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

They were 6-2 with Wilson when the line and backfield were healthy and we were playing the power running game.  Wilson can hold the fort if Rodgers goes down short term, but if 8 goes down for the season we aren't winning sh*t anyway.  

He was trash in those wins and got worse from that point on.  Was literally benched for a CFL washout who couldn't throw a spiral beyond 8 yards.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

?? You do realize that Zach was the winningest QB on the roster last year ... Right ??

Right.  And Trent Dilfer is better than Dam Marino because he won a ring.

How do people not understand that a defense and running game can sometimes make up for atrocious QB play?

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You would think Jets fans who were there for the Mark Sanchez era would know this as well as anyone.  Apparently not.

Sanchez > Wilson 

it means nothing but it’s true

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

He was trash in those wins and got worse from that point on.  Was literally benched for a CFL washout who couldn't throw a spiral beyond 8 yards.

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You would think Jets fans who were there for the Mark Sanchez era would know this as well as anyone.  Apparently not.

It’s literally all they got so they’re just going to keep pounding it. It’s what I do when I get a terrible case that only has one argument in my client’s favor (even when it’s a garbage argument). But hey, I took and oath and am getting paid.

I’m done arguing against garbage online, though. We know they’re not going to concede. They’ll hang onto their Zachie Poo forever. If he has a serviceable effort coming off the bench in 2027 or whatever they’ll pop up like earthworms after rain for the victory lap.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, obviously. The ball boy is better than Zach Wilson.

99.999% of people cannot play NFL QB. Zach is one of them. Doesn’t matter where on the spectrum of the 99.999% he is or how “close” he is, he just can’t play. He has absolutely no feel for it.

• Upvote 2

99.999% of people cannot play NFL QB. Zach is one of them. Doesn’t matter where on the spectrum of the 99.999% he is or how “close” he is, he just can’t play. He has absolutely no feel for it.
Zach's was the best QB on the roster last year.. which makes this season so exciting. I am acknowledging the light-years of space that exists between Rodgers and Wilson.... But the team was better with Wilson under center than any other QB on the team last year.

16 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Zach's was the best QB on the roster last year.. which makes this season so exciting. I am acknowledging the light-years of space that exists between Rodgers and Wilson.... But the team was better with Wilson under center than any other QB on the team last year.

Wrong again!

And the "team was better" with Zach under center because they had a healthy Breece and AVT when Zach was the QB.  Had nothing to do with Zach.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Wrong .. but ok.

Zach Wilson threw exactly 2 total touchdowns in the 5 wins last year.  In 3 of the games his QB rating was below 75 and he threw for less than 160 yards.  In the back to back wins against GB and Miami, he attempted less than 40 total passes over the 2 games.  

He was along for the ride, dude.  Stop with the revisionist history on this one.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 5/13/2023 at 3:24 PM, KRL said:

Let's be real here, Wilson in practice and the pre-season will be going against
#2s and #3s.  As a third year player who has been a starter he should look 
significantly improved because he'll be going against backups.  If he doesn't
that will be a huge red flag

This is an ok point, I don’t necessarily disagree, but he will also be playing with #2 and #3’s with no game planning, just running plays.

• Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Why haven’t we already signed Nick Foles?  If something God forbid happens to Rodgers Foles knows the offense and has experience winning a super bowl

I’d prefer Teddy Bridgewater but your point is strong. We need a QB2 with some history of competent QB play in the league.

• Upvote 2

On 5/14/2023 at 5:36 PM, Dunnie said:

New system ... Players he has no chemistry with .. I'd temper your expectations

The Old Spice angle.  Haven't seen that one played in decades.  Well done sir.  

• Haha 2