Advertising Free Forum Experience

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes. We are using AI to selectively target people based on discomfort level lol.

Yeah... now imagine what AI dishes up to me... combine 500 usages of the word "turd" and German advertisements...

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Yeah... now imagine what AI dishes up to me... combine 500 usages of the word "turd" and German advertisements...

Introducing TurdMaster - Germany's leading brand of eco-friendly dog waste bags! We are proud to present a series of fun ads illustrating how we're here to deal with the 500 different "turd" situations you might find yourself in.

1. "The Morning Walker" - For those fresh turds that you encounter during your dog's first walk of the day. TurdMaster is here to the rescue!

2. "The Surprise in the Park" - Those sneaky turds that seem to appear out of nowhere during your afternoon stroll in the park, TurdMaster has got your back!

3. "The Nighttime Ninja" - For the turds that your dog seems to sneakily leave in the least expected places during your nighttime walks. TurdMaster is your night-time ally!

... and so on until we reach 500 such scenarios. Each ad could represent a different, humorous "turd" situation, keeping the advertising campaign lighthearted, memorable, and effective.

We could conclude the campaign with:

1. "The Ultimate Turd Challenge" - For the day when your dog decides to test your limits and the number of turds seems endless, don't worry. TurdMaster will not leave you in the lurch. We are there for every situation!

This would allow us to incorporate the concept without being overtly offensive or crude, but rather playful, approachable, and focused on a legitimate and important issue - responsible pet ownership.

Please note that cultural and linguistic sensitivity is essential when crafting advertising campaigns. The above is a tongue-in-cheek example and should be adapted to match the brand's voice and the target audience's expectations.

Also, it's worth noting that humor can be quite subjective, and what's funny in one culture might not be in another. Always do your market research and understand your audience before launching a campaign. The above approach may work well for a younger, more casual audience, but may not be well received by a more conservative audience or in a more formal context.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Not sure how that happened but I have to say that would be genius. We didn't do anything like that but it would be pretty funny to redirect people here.

100% would not do that but it did make me chuckle.

Prob wasn’t an ad I touched but the page loading sort of jumps around which moves the various links 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not to be a whiner, but way too much sh*t on the page on mobile.

I don't take it as whining, I love feedback. The day there is no feedback is a sad day.

You are talking about the forum pages? What do you mean there is too much stuff on there? The forum layout should be exactly what it has always been (minus ads in some cases).  Let me know what you mean though and I will check it out, thanks.

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't take it as whining, I love feedback. The day there is no feedback is a sad day.

You are talking about the forum pages? What do you mean there is too much stuff on there? The forum layout should be exactly what it has always been (minus ads in some cases).  Let me know what you mean though and I will check it out, thanks.

This is all new or am I crazy? 

IMG_3947.png

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is all new or am I crazy? 

IMG_3947.png

That's interesting I attached what I see. I'm not sure why the thread preview is showing up for you.

That has to be a user setting I will find out and let you know.

On 5/14/2023 at 12:56 AM, T0mShane said:

Alternative offer to those who don’t want to pay to read Zach Wilson fellators, Jamal Adams hagiographers, or woke Aaron Rodgers criticsheeps: if you want to subscribe just to my posts and nobody else’s, it’s a lean 99 cents per month. You too can be the spiciest meatball with the hottest takes around the water cooler on Mondays. Consider it “investment gold.” Link in bio. 

Hmm, I thought you were one of these.  Mocking him for not taking the vax, etc.

On 5/14/2023 at 4:05 PM, extmenace said:

Was a registered user over at NYjetsfan.com in the early 2000’s. I had been mostly a lurker here until they went away. Im in a couple of Facebook groups and they aren’t nearly as good. Grew up using message boards. Respect for keeping the site up and providing, in my opinion, the best site jets site on the internet. Whatever you need to do to keep the site going is good with me. 

This is also me to a “T”.

Enjoy the site and appreciate you Max.

The ads haven't bothered me but Im happy to help out.

• Upvote 2

On 5/14/2023 at 4:05 PM, extmenace said:

Was a registered user over at NYjetsfan.com in the early 2000’s. I had been mostly a lurker here until they went away. Im in a couple of Facebook groups and they aren’t nearly as good. Grew up using message boards. Respect for keeping the site up and providing, in my opinion, the best site jets site on the internet. Whatever you need to do to keep the site going is good with me. 

On 5/16/2023 at 12:11 AM, Maxman said:

Thank you! When we started these were the forums in terms of posts:
1. jetsinsider

2. The Gang Green.com

3. NYetsFan.com - Ronnie Dynamic ran that site, I remember it well. At one point he tried to turn it into a MySpace kind of thing, not just about the Jets, but for every team. The idea was solid, that is basically what SB Nation became. You just need some serious resources to pull that off. I made an offer to buy NY Jets Fan.com back in the day. After Ronnie moved on, but the new guys said they didn't want to sell it.  It was a fun site though for sure. 

On 5/16/2023 at 8:31 PM, extmenace said:

Yea, I think s-dubb took it over. After that, site kind of fizzled and eventually just was gone one day. For some reason they added a chat box up top and to me, it just kind of took away from the post counts. I was one of the first 40 users there. Still randomly type that site in and have to hit back to type jetnation every now and again lol. I’m assuming some of the guys there are here now.

I am curious...   who on this forum besides me, @SAR I and @More Cowbell  began posting on the the Jets "usenet" newsgroup.  (1996 to about 2000).   (alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets) My name was Tutor on that. IIRC, @SAR I and @More Cowbell actually used their real names there.  I know there had to be more of you on there than the three of us.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

I am curious...   who on this forum besides me, @SAR I and @More Cowbell  began posting on the the Jets "usenet" newsgroup.  (1996 to about 2000).   My name was Tutor on that. IIRC, @SAR I and @More Cowbell actually used tbeir real names there.  I know there had to be more of you on there than the three of us.

I think @slats did as well. I signed up for ji in like 2003 that was the beginning for me.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

I am curious...   who on this forum besides me, @SAR I and @More Cowbell  began posting on the the Jets "usenet" newsgroup.  (1996 to about 2000).   (alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets) My name was Tutor on that. IIRC, @SAR I and @More Cowbell actually used their real names there.  I know there had to be more of you on there than the three of us.

Nyjetsfan.com was my first jets message board. I remember being member 32 or 34. I remember going to that site in my junior year or senior year of high school in one of my computer classes, which would have been around 2002/2003 range. I lurked over / was registered over at thegangreen.com as well.

I am curious...   who on this forum besides me, [mention=9488]SAR I[/mention] and [mention=32967]More Cowbell[/mention]  began posting on the the Jets "usenet" newsgroup.  (1996 to about 2000).   (alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets) My name was Tutor on that. IIRC, [mention=9488]SAR I[/mention] and [mention=32967]More Cowbell[/mention] actually used their real names there.  I know there had to be more of you on there than the three of us.
I posted there. Not sure what name I used though.
  • Upvote 1

Nyjetsfan.com was my first jets message board. I remember being member 32 or 34. I remember going to that site in my junior year or senior year of high school in one of my computer classes, which would have been around 2002/2003 range. I lurked over / was registered over at thegangreen.com as well.

That place is awful now. It's like an 8 man circle jerk.
  • Upvote 1

That site hasn't been up and running in a few years from what I know.
It's still there. Trust me. Had a run in with one of the mods and he banned me for 4 months. So I started over here even though I've been a member since 2010 and I'm never going back. Bunch of twats.

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:
7 hours ago, Maxman said:
That site hasn't been up and running in a few years from what I know.

It's still there. Trust me. Had a run in with one of the mods and he banned me for 4 months. So I started over here even though I've been a member since 2010 and I'm never going back. Bunch of twats.

I don't see it:

Here is the fire idzik guys version which looks like it has been hacked:

image.png

Here is the old one I think we are talking about:

image.png

I was referring to theganggreen dot com.

11 hours ago, bicketybam said:
23 hours ago, Maxman said:
I don't see it:

Here is the fire idzik guys version which looks like it has been hacked:

http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2023_06/image.thumb.png.d629eb53aa3af0704414b5f8ee9557f4.png
Here is the old one I think we are talking about:
http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2023_06/image.thumb.png.9c41fd92831c32b956882e078264594d.png

I was referring to theganggreen dot com.

Oh my bad. Yeah that forum is alive and well. I got my wires crossed, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2023 at 12:21 AM, Maxman said:

We know ads stink. They are necessary though, since we aren't selling anything; it is our only way of paying hosting, software costs, and miscellaneous buffet-related expenses.  :)  We have received much feedback over the years about too many ads in the forums. The Guest group sees the most, so you can register and see fewer ads if you are a guest. For registered members, we hear from the ad network that we aren't showing enough ads.

User experience and finding the balance have always been very important.

So we are going to try and strike a better balance by letting anyone who is interested subscribe for an ad-free experienceThat link has more information, and there is absolutely no pressure. If you are happy with the way things are, you are good to go. If you want a faster site and no ads, check that link out for more details. You will also see a Subscribe option now in the main menu.

We are moving the forums to a more robust cloud-hosting environment. This means that we have better support, and if the forums crash, other people monitor it. We have to work on that uptime now that Aaron Rodgers is in town!

I have mentioned Live Events, and this upgrade will allow us to stream our own events in the forums. One-on-one debates and group video discussions with everyone else having the ability to chime in and it is a normal thread. The conversation lives on after the video portion ends.

There are several new features and a brand new front page coming soon. Thanks, everyone and Go Jets!

https://forums.jetnation.com/subscriptions/

recently, it has become impossible to read this site on my smart phone because the page just continuously spontaneously jumps. Is this because of the ads?

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

recently, it has become impossible to read this site on my smart phone because the page just continuously spontaneously jumps. Is this because of the ads?

Not sure what is happening for you. But we haven't made any ad changes at all. So I don't think the issue is the ads.

On 6/19/2023 at 8:40 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

On 6/23/2023 at 9:21 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Same here. Having a lot of problems lately 

On 7/1/2023 at 12:18 PM, Bronx said:

Screenshot_20230701_121152_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3be4b2cb274b997ab5c90c447693f1ab.jpg

On 7/2/2023 at 4:37 PM, DoubleDown said:

Mike's Hard Lemonade full page ad every 30 seconds on mobile site is not great.

I am not aware of anything having changed for the members group. Snack Media manages our ads so I asked them to take a look. I messaged them the other day and haven't heard back yet.

If you still see any issues, just start a new thread for it, please.

This thread is for the ad-free experience for anyone that wants to opt out of ads altogether. Thanks!

https://forums.jetnation.com/subscriptions/

• Upvote 1