Who’s next? Jets went from 0 ‘top tier’ players to 8 in a blink of an eye ..

57 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Michael Clemons recovering and returning a fumble, like he does in this video, is a scary thought.   What Q did to Tyreek Hill last year?  Clemons would do that to every member of the offense, including the linemen, then he’d run back to his own goal line so he could do it again.

• Upvote 1

This Jets team was good enough to beat out AR last season comprehensively. It was still a bad team but we managed to win several games we had no business winning with our league leading QB from the bottom. Now we have a top 10 QB, perhaps arguably even higher. Maybe I’m overly optimistic but anything less than a 12 win season would be a failure. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

Win some games and I'll start to be impressed, with all of these great stars we fell flat on our asses to end last year.

People want to hand the jets wins just because we are apparently loaded with stars.

Win football games and make the playoffs FIRST then get praised second.

• Upvote 3
  • More Ugh 1

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Win some games and I'll start to be impressed, with all of these great stars we fell flat on our asses to end last year.

People want to hand the jets wins just because we are apparently loaded with stars.

1. It’s a message board, not a boarding school 

2. Canton?  I’m talking about top 10-20% players at their positions in a given year

3. In life on Earth, we call this a leading indicator of success.  It started to come together last year but collapsed late do to Bottom Tier QB play, a robotic offensive coordinator who was in over his head & year end injuries to a couple on this list

We were 7-3 last year before losing Breece and AVT.

Anyone who followed the team saw an extra 3 net wins with AVERAGE QB play.

Yes, we better start winning..  No excuses, last year was the first year under JD we could have reasonably expected a winning season and we fell short because of QB ..

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Let me cheer you up ..

1. Rodgers is apparently very very old and his downturn has begun (according to some)

2. Tomlinson was one of the worst left guards in football and enters the year as a big question mark (true)

3. Our WRs (outside Garrett) and TEs are only league average

4. Breece needs to be back close to full speed at some point mid or late season

5. We are making a couple bets at Free Safety and sub LB

6. While most would agree the Offensive Line is loaded with depth, Becton & Mitchell’s health are concerns until they are not 

7. Mosley is no longer the player he once was and is a liability on 3rd down passing plays

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Where exactly did anyone give the Jets wins? I’m tryin to find it.  There’s lots of reasons we didn’t win, Q, Reed, Sauce, G Wilson weren’t the ones holding us back.  Of course most thought did think we were held back because of the QB position.  

• Haha 1

The good point is 6 of the 8 came through the draft. The bad point is they were mostly drafted in clusters. Hopefully this past draft will yield a couple more top tier players and the laggards from previous years (becton, Johnson, Clemons) will start making noise.

On 5/14/2023 at 7:43 PM, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

The talent cupboard has been embarrassingly bare during the Jets decade plus playoff drought. 

Entering last season, I wouldn’t have had any Jets players in the top 10-20% of their respective 2022 position group.

Then the following …

1. Quinnen puts it all together

2. DJ Reed proves he is an ‘elite’ #2 CB (possibly best FA signing in the NFL last year)

3. AVT turns into our offensive Joe Klecko

4. Michael Carter II takes a big (year 2) jump into the top tier of slot corners

5. Breece Lightning

6. Sauce wins DROY

7. Garrett wins OROY

8. Jets trade for Aaron Rodgers 

WHAT?!?!

—————————————————-

It really is remarkable .. and why many have the Jets as a real threat to make a run in 2023 .. now that they have the all important QB.

Do we have anyone who is next?

- Can Bryce Huff begin turning an elite level pressure rate into an elite level sack rate?

- Can Mekhi Becton stay on the field & become a dominant run & pass blocker?

- Will Joe Tippmann become Aaron Rodger’s version of Creed Humphrey?

High level talent wins …  we finally have it.  

I am going to say #15 pick the majority hated will have significant production.  Especially if Lawson is moved before training camp.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 5/14/2023 at 7:43 PM, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

The talent cupboard has been embarrassingly bare during the Jets decade plus playoff drought. 

Entering last season, I wouldn’t have had any Jets players in the top 10-20% of their respective 2022 position group.

Then the following …

1. Quinnen puts it all together

2. DJ Reed proves he is an ‘elite’ #2 CB (possibly best FA signing in the NFL last year)

3. AVT turns into our offensive Joe Klecko

4. Michael Carter II takes a big (year 2) jump into the top tier of slot corners

5. Breece Lightning

6. Sauce wins DROY

7. Garrett wins OROY

8. Jets trade for Aaron Rodgers 

WHAT?!?!

—————————————————-

It really is remarkable .. and why many have the Jets as a real threat to make a run in 2023 .. now that they have the all important QB.

Do we have anyone who is next?

- Can Bryce Huff begin turning an elite level pressure rate into an elite level sack rate?

- Can Mekhi Becton stay on the field & become a dominant run & pass blocker?

- Will Joe Tippmann become Aaron Rodger’s version of Creed Humphrey?

High level talent wins …  we finally have it.  

Thank you Joe Douglas, thank you!!

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2023 at 1:38 AM, Beerfish said:

Nothing we say impacts the play on the field.  I choose to be excited.  Stop telling fans how to fan, @Warfish

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

On 5/14/2023 at 8:45 PM, Hex said:

Ruckert showed a lot of promise week 18 with his blocking.

On 5/15/2023 at 8:44 AM, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Becht was a first round pick. Ruckert was a third. Let’s give him a chance. Rookie tight ends never produce 

On 5/15/2023 at 9:20 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Dont forget Ruckert.  He is the next George Kittle.  He is going to burst onto the scene at some point this upcoming season.

On 5/15/2023 at 9:26 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Thank you, Joe Douglas!  Thank you!

@Paradis

boner alert GIF

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1