Q takes Jets off his Twitter bio

This move always seemed childish to me but I’ve never had to negotiate a massive contract before. My guess is they need to get the Rodgers restructure done before they can do any other major contracts IE Q’s contract. 

im also wondering if he’s trying to get Donald money vs being paid more than the other top 2 or 3 guys. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This.  

the Jets have enough money 

in fact paying Q would reduce his short term cap him from 10 Mil to almost nothing 

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Eh slow news day.

maybe one day rich will actually post a positive note about the jets instead of always looking to stir sh_t up.

he knows as well as anyone this is general practice for todays athlete

yes this is all rich cimini's fault for reporting the news 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, extmenace said:

My guess is they need to get the Rodgers restructure done before they can do any other major contracts IE Q’s contract. 

the Jets have always been more interested in paying mercenaries like Rodgers and Laken Tomlinson rather than homegrown stars like QW

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets have always been more interested in paying mercenaries like Rodgers and Laken Tomlinson rather than homegrown stars like QW

What’s Quinnen asking for?  How would it impact signing other guys next off season? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

What’s Quinnen asking for?  How would it impact signing other guys next off season? 

Quinnen is asking for what he's worth 

as for the second question, who do the Jets have coming off contract that is more valuable than QW

I feel like it's only a matter of time before they trade QW for picks and we all say how awesome that is

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

he's a DT for the jets.  they have his 5th year and then 2 franchise years.  suck it up and play.

it's a terrible way to run a locker room 

if the Jets have any culture it runs through the Williams brothers and that defensive locker room 

it sends a message hey we will pay free agents but if we drafted you, you have to get traded to get what you want 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Quinnen is asking for what he's worth 

as for the second question, who do the Jets have coming off contract that is more valuable than QW

I feel like it's only a matter of time before they trade QW for picks and we all say how awesome that is

No, dollars. What dollars does he want. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

The hold up is the Jets have no cap space left over next few years for QW everyone wanted Rogers he  counts 100 million against the cap over next few years. Also add in Lazard few other Rogers friends that was bought here and the restructures to afford Rogers this year this isn't baseball there is a salary cap . More like QW will be shopped for next year first round pick to replace the one the Jets traded for Rogers.

I guess we will find out how married to the DL rotation the Jets are. If a talent can’t break the philosophy then he probably gets dealt.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets have enough money 

in fact paying Q would reduce his short term cap him from 10 Mil to almost nothing 

yes this is all rich cimini's fault for reporting the news 

Not laying fault.

when a player is unhapppy about money or contracts they play the stupid ass I’m going to remove you from social media game.

it’s useless and just for attention. 
Cimini knows that but still goes there.

maybe 3 positive things happened with the jets today Or over the weekend.

im sure he is getting to them.

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's a terrible way to run a locker room 

if the Jets have any culture it runs through the Williams brothers and that defensive locker room 

it sends a message hey we will pay free agents but if we drafted you, you have to get traded to get what you want 

is that a terrible way?  or is it a terrible way to give the screaming child everything he wants?  point being, its may - a contract will get done.  it's called a negotiation.  he's being a baby.

• Upvote 1

Williams played 60% of the snaps last season. I love him as a player but the Jets philosophy on the dline doesn’t align with paying him. It would be crazy to fork over a max deal to what’s basically  a part time player. You can get a cheaper player to fill that role and spend elsewhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, heymangold said:

is that a terrible way?  or is it a terrible way to give the screaming child everything he wants?  point being, its may - a contract will get done.  it's called a negotiation.  he's being a baby.

he's their best player

it should have never gotten to this point

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

What if he’s looking for Aaron Donald money?